[MinKey] Black bird

Love's the same, yet different

Pairing: MinKey
Rating: G
Prompt: "Minho couldn’t calm his erratically beating heart and went to check on Kibum, who was sitting on a bed in his dark room that looked like..." (input sentence. I had to write a 6 sentences long drabble. Needless to say, I exceeded the limit lmao)
Length: 202 words
A/N: here we go again with a very short one! (sorry for the delay^^") I'm not that good at angsty scenarios, but I hope you'll like it :) The ending has been slightly modified, according to some feedback I have received a while ago. I'm very uncertain about the final results though :( If you're curious, you can check the original one here and tell me which one you like the most! :3 I'm honestly hella curious to know lol

 

 


 

 

Minho couldn’t calm his erratically beating heart and went to check on Kibum, who was sitting on a bed in his dark room that looked like an utter mess by now.

As soon as he had known about the elder’s break-up with Taemin, the brunette’s mind had gone into a fenzy (spinning with what he would have liked to be concern only, but was actually tinged with selfish hope as well). Yet being welcomed by all those objects thrown aside and scattered on the ground and by the sight of what wasn’t anything more than a shadow of what Kibum used to be… 
He gulped and shivered when the graveness of his crush’s predicament finally sunk in.

Did his feelings have any importance, in the face of the elder curled up on the bed, sobbing as if his life had sweeped away from his grasp? Looking at those knuckles being white from the strong grip Kibum had on his hair (as if he intended to draw them out of his head), Minho decided they didn’t.

“Don’t cry” he whispered, “everything is going to be alright.”

Minho knew that wasn't a lie; on the contrary it was the truest statement when it comes to life, because as much as someone can suffer, things are going to pass and scars will eventually heal one day.
But people in pain are blind and he could only hope Kibum would soon see again.