[JongKey] Forms

Love's the same, yet different

Pairing: JongKey
Rating: G
Length: 3604 words
Prompt: actually the prompt was just to "write a little something". I decided to do a sequel for the previous drabble.
A/N: yays for another epic fail! \( ^o^ )/
 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

“Why do you never turn into your wolf form?” the question came suddenly and unexpectedly for Kibum. His pencil stopped moving on the paper for a second or two and everything around them seemed to get still with it, before he started to trace soft shadows once again.

Jonghyun patiently waited for an answer - his huge brown orbs fascinatedly trained on the picture that was slowly coming to life under Kibum’s soft pencil . He had learned that pressuring his mate was never a good idea because the other always needed his time to cope with things and ponderate over them, even if he could actually seem lika an impulsive person to any superficial onlooker.

“I don’t know,” the younger uncertainly stated after a while, “being human is much funnier. I can, you know, wear clothes and draw and drink bubble tea.”

“You can’t drink bubble tea when you’re a wolf,” he added as an after thought.

“You can not,” Jonghyun conceded with a soft chuckle, secretly taking a sniff at the other’s delicious scent now that the wind had softly blown through his brown strands.

“But you can do other stuff. Like scaring squirrels to death. Or rolling down on the grass”

“That’s gross,” the werewolf should have expected that disgusted hiss at his suggestion, but found Kibum's frown amusing nonetheless. “I prefer my mudless self, thank you very much.”

“I wouldn’t mind rolling on the grass with you though,” Kibum winked at him, then - because he would forever be a tease- and Jonghyun couldn’t help the way his cheekbones got dusted in pink for the unmpteenth. He was slightly getting used to the other’s jokes, but doubted he would ever get totally immune to them.

“Anyway,” the alpha cleared up his throat in the clear attempt to dissimulate his embarassment, “I have never seen you as a wolf. I—Well, I’d like to.”

It felt like he was asking too much, like his request was way more intimate than what it seemed to be. It would have never been such a big deal for any other member of their race, but Kibum had always been one of a kind and his reactions could be quite unpredictable. His suspicions got confirmed when the pencil stopped once again - but did not resume its work, this time.

Maybe he had done it, he dejectly thought; maybe with those few words he had lost all the affection and comfort he had managed to slowly conquer and cement in those past months and the thought alone was enough to make him feel terrified of what Kibum would do now.
He was a er for his mate, he couldn’t help it.

Only after what had seemed to be ages to Jonghyun, the omega finally let out a sound - something that resembled a choked whine but at least it was something.

“I—I look ridiculous as a wolf. Promise me…you won’t laugh?”

“If you laugh, I’ll stick my pencil up your ,” he threatened right after and the brunette could easily read the younger’s attempt at hiding his insecurity, but feigned ignorance and just laughed.

“Yup, I promise.”

“…okay then.”

The changing process usually didn’t take much time -a couple of seconds at most-, but took much longer for Kibum, who wasn’t used to stretch and twist his limbs into those of an animal. 
Jonghyun didn’t mind: it only meant he could take in the glorious sight in front of his eyes - his mate’s silky skin gradually getting covered in brown, soft, shining fur and his beautiful gaze turning even more intense than usual, making the alpha wonder how that was possible.

In the end he found a slender, brown wolf in front of him. Its body was gorgeous in Jonghyun’s eyes - he admired the strong muscles hidden in that  seemingly-frail frame and the proud way Kibum was holding his head a bit titled to the sky -, but it wasn’t difficult to understand why the younger was embarassed of showing his self.

His pretty omega was definitely smaller than their peers- almost resembling a pup still- and his body could appear lanky, especially if compared with Jonghyun’s alpha form.
Still, he was gorgeous and it was a pity he didn’t realize.

“Come here.”

And going there was what Kibum did, reveling in the way Jonghyun nuzzled his neck and tenderly carded his fingers through the shiny fur. The wolf gave a on his neck in response, satisfied at the way Jonghyun hummed in appreciation right after.
There was no need for other words between them, they just needed to enjoy the moment and the warmth their hug was enfusing them with.

Kibum didn’t change back for the rest of the day and his sketch book layed discarded on the grass.

 

 

 

 


Hello darlings!
I am sorry I haven't updated this collection in quite a while (and the moment I finally do is with this... thing.)
To be honest, I don't have any excuse. I've just been really distracted and depressed about my writing too and ended up forgetting I was actually supposed to update this. I am incredibly sorry, I apologize ; ; 
I hope you can forgive me!
There are just a few chapters left (at least until I won't be able to fill in some new requests) and, hopefully, I won't make you wait long for them; I hope you will enjoy them :) 
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for following this collection, for reading my drabbles and for leaving me comments! I love you all! ❤
Spend a nice evening! ; w ;