[JongHo] Bus rides

Love's the same, yet different

Pairing: JongHo
Rating: PG - 13
Length: 580 words
Prompt: JongHo + Jawline kiss
A/N: this is another silly drabble I feel kinda satisfied of, all in all; at least way more than with other ones I absolutely hate lol I hope you will enjoy it! :)

 

 


 

 

 

Bus rides had always been an unavoidable inconvenience to Jonghyun. Failing to find a decent flat at a reasonable price nearby the campus, he had been forced to endure years of infinitely boring bus rides and crowdy mentro lines, with his ipod’s shuffle as his only weapon.

He hadn’t minded the deal at first - Jonghyun liked to mull over the meaning of the universe and his options for lunch; he had a passion for isolating himself in that little and secretive world of music, heart strings and dailylight dreams. But after some months the dull noise of the bus’ engine, the ever-present chatter in the background of that neon-lighted trap, and reality in general had become too much to be ignored. He had begun to always find himself feeling more tired than the day before and his long, exhausting trips had started to weight on his numb limbs.

It had been like that, until he had met Minho for the first time.

The younger didn’t live near his flat, nor he attented his same university; they only shared a couple of late bus rides, but that had been enough for Jonghyun to find an excuse to talk with him- be it how slow the C mentro line was on Friday morning, or how cool the soccer match had been the day before (and the fact that he didn’t even care about soccer was an unimportant detail).
They had ended up kissing each other on their very first date - in a shabby ramen shop-, and Jonghyun swore he could still feel the cozy atmosphere they had been sharing and the sound of their hushed chatter as if it was the most vivid memory of his whole life.

The rest had been history.

Even though they had raced at the speed of light through all of their firsts, Jonghyun couldn’t bring himself to mind: their affection had been rapidly growing out of their control and, wether it had been because they were young or because  Minho liked to run even when it came to life, held little to no importance to the older.

What really mattered was that bus rides had become his favourite moment during the day, just like the feeling of the younger resting next to him, with his head on Jonghyun’s shoulder - probably the only occasion when he could tower over the other, he thought with a slightly irritated but fond smile.

“What are you thinking about?”

It had been Minho’s sleepy mumble to bring him out of his musings and it made his smile widen a tad more.

“Nothing. I feel tall.”

“I bet you do.” Minho snorted then, adjusting himself a little bit.

“But now let’s nap a bit more.” he concluded with his voice still laced with sleep, though he knew the elder would be too preoccupied with playing with their thick fingers to close his eyes for the rest of the trip.
He angled his head to look better at him then and was presented with a warm and inviting patch of skin. He seized the chance and left a trail of soft kisses along Jonghyun’s jaw - because he knew the other liked the tickling feeling of his plump lips there-, and revelled in the ghost of a shiver that travelled through his spine, before closing his eyes once again to resume his sweet dreams.

People were looking, but neither cared, too caught up in the warmth of their bodies pressed together.