[OnKey] Friday rituals

Love's the same, yet different

Pairing: het!OnKey (OnewxGwiboon)
Rating: PG (?) (omg I so much with English ratings orz)
Length: 911 words

Prompt: write about an upside-down kiss
A/N: I was feeling quite inspired and satisfied with the scenario when I wrote this (─‿‿─). (miracle!) I hope you'll like it too ; u ; 
(uh and just so you know, Gwiboon's position in this fic actually was my favourite/standard position when watching tv or just generally lazing on the couch, 'till I was like 16/17 lmao I've even slept like that tbh... oops xD) (also, Jinki has a passion for junk food just like me, sue us uwu)

 

 

 


 

 

 

Friday evening was movie night, wether Jinki liked it or not. 
(it was only a convenient coincidence that he was a bit of a lazy and going to clubs wasn’t his thing).

It had first started with Gwiboon’s morbid love-hate relationship with splatter movies, and then quickly escalated into some sort of weird competion  to see who could find the most trashy choice of that week. Their friends argued it was such a waste of their first free week-end night, but they didn’t exactly care: it was their own nerdy way of having fun- cuddling on the couch in horrendous sweat pants, with lousy actors on they tv screen to keep them company.

In a matter of months, it wasn’t even about the movies anymore. It was more of an excuse to fool around, drink beer and eat exaggeratedly unhealthy snacks Gwiboon would have never agreed to take otherwise.

Even if those films were an outrage to Jinky’s cinematographic tastes (and anyone's with the most basic taste, really), fiday nights resembled heaven to him.

That one was just like all the others - with him crouching down on the carpet and Gwiboon huddled on the couch like a monkey, with her head hanging upside down from the sofa’s cushions (a weird position her girlfriend was overly fond of, for some reasons. Jinki blamed it on her yoga lessons).

It had been half a way during their current session that the younger started to compulsively steal from his own stack of cheetos, while cursing against all the characters she could remember the name of. They were watching one of those lame and dramatic romantic movies, that were so overly full of pathos that the actors seemed to be on the verge of dying at every line they recited - something that was more akin to a second-hand soap opera than to an actual film. Jinki ignored wether his girlfriend was feeling so enraged by the actors’ low acting skills (or lack there of) or by how stupid the heroine was proving to be. Though it seemed to be more about the latter.

“C’mon, he cheated on her with three girls!” she kept wailing and she was agitating her hands so much, that the older was scared she would fall off the couch soon, “And one was even in the flat when she grabbed her ing car keys, Jinki! How stupid must you be?!”

"Well, I gue—”

“And he’s such an . You know that if you ever think of doing that to me, I’m cutting your off, right?”

The boy instictively squeaked at the threat - all the more because Gwiboon looked so serious with her icy glare - and tried to be as discreet as possible while he adjusted the pillow he was cuddling on his crotch. He thought some form of distraction would help his cause.

"Do you want some cheetos?” he offered with a wavering smile, reaching out with the cup of salty snacks as not to accidentally hit his still upside-down girlfriend’s head.It didn’t look like it had been a winning strategy though, judging from the way the younger’s eyes slitted into an even more deadly glare.

“Answer me. Would you ever cheat on me?”

Jinki, on his part, gave out a little sigh at that tone. 
He could be a bit awkward when it came to social interactions - he was aware of it -, but he wasn’t stupid and could recognize when situations got serious. That was one of those cases - he could tell because Gwiboon could feign to be as cold as she whished, but her voice wavered just a little and something in her eyes was shouting her insecruties out.

Gwiboon was a strong woman, an indipendent and fierce one and Jinki admired that a lot; but she was also just a human being, that needed affection and reassurance and he wanted to be the one offering them to her. Cheetos could come in handy later on, when they would change that awful movie for a healthy splatter one, in its stead.

“Of course not, Gwiboon. You know I am better than that” were his soft words. He slided towards that lean body a bit more, feeling a bit weirded out by the quaint position they were in, but concluding he didn’t care that much.

“I love you.” he added then, sealing those soft words with a kiss. Gwiboon’s lips were as plump as always, soft and smooth while they captured his upper lips in a lock full of affection and unspoken gratitude. It didn’t matter that the angle was awkward or that the older’s hand couldn’t slide throught the brown locks as he would have liked, because that little, heartfelt kiss was a reassurance they both needed in that moment, so much that they only stopped when they both run out of breath.

A few seconds passed before Jinki spoke out once again, because his lungs had felt on the verge of collapsing for a moment there.

“And I would be a complete idiot to leave someone like you, wouldn’t I?”

“You would. You oh-so-would.” Gwiboon smirked back, making Jinki smile at her newfound playfulness, “And now, pass me those cheetos. You can’t hog them all for yourself!”

The boy would have liked to argue he hand’t even tried out one, but thought that passing the bowl and sneaking in another kiss sounded much more appealing than any junk food in the world.

And that alone said a lot.