[JongHo] Band aids

Love's the same, yet different

Pairing: toddler!JongHo
Rating: G
Length: 270 words
Prompt: "'It hurts, hyung.', Minho whispered, not daring to look Jonghyun in the eyes." (input sentence; I had to write a six sentences long drabble and exceeded the limit as usual lol)
A/N: Hello :) Here I go with the new drabble, hoping you'll like it! ; u ; I find it cute...? I hope...? lol Also, let me apologize for the slow update and the lack of replies to your comments; I'll reply today! I'm sorry, these last days have been a bit hectic^^"


 


 

 

“It hurts, hyung.”, Minho whispered, not daring to look Jonghyun in the eyes.

The two little boys were huddled on the sidewalk in their neighbourhood - Minho’s knee was marred with a scratch and what the little one considered a lot of blood, while his scrawny face was a crying mess. His chubbier friend -  that somewhat looked younger with his baby fat, compared to his already lean companion -, was softly blowing on that little wound, in a swallow try to bring some comfort.

“The boo-boo will go away soon, I’m sure!” He tried to reassure the younger as best as he could. It was weird for Jonghyun to find himself in that position, since he usually was the one doing the crying for both - when there was no chocolate at home anymore, when he fell down his bycicle while trying to learn to ride it or when Pikachu cried in the movie and he couldn’t do anything to help him. Minho was younger but stronger and always ready to pat on his back, offer him his own chocolate and cheer for Pikachu on the sidelines.

Jonghyun felt important, finally being able to reciprocate - of being the one in charge of helping his best bestfriend.

“Let’s go inside.” He said when his companion’s sobs finally reduced to soft hiccups, “Mommy has the no-burn thingy. And my plasters have dinos on them! You’ll feel better in no time.” Jonghyun concluded with a bright grin.

He was happy to see the younger grinning back to him, while they hobbled towards the patio.

Dino-patterned band-aids always made everything better.