[JongKey] Fretting pups

Love's the same, yet different

Pairing: JongKey
Rating: G
Length: 3739 (actually a bit more because I added a couple of sentences here and there while revising it, but I'm too lazy to check the exact number. Yes I'm the queen of laziness.)
Prompt: write about one of the characters being easily embarassed.
A/N: Only two words for this: Epic. Fail.
(and just so you know, I attempted to write an a/b/o verse just to avoid writing the usual, cliché jongkey scenario. Not that it helped that much but okay *shrugs*)

 

 

 


 

 

 

Jonghyun felt a bit ridiculous at that moment.
He had the impression of being a fretting, self-conscious puppy all over again, with his fluffy tail swaying nervously upon the green grass and knocking down every poor daisy on his path.

His mother had reassured him it was normal: finding your predestined mate wasn’t something that happened every day and, alpha or not, you were bound to be nervous and get jelly on your paws. 
Besides, Jonghyun had mentally supplied, that omega - his omega - was such a beautiful creature that everyone in his position would have been afraid of screwing everything up. All the more if they were like him and had logorroic tendencies, plus the annoying habit of embarassing themeselves about every five seconds.

That was why after much pondering he had decided to approach him in his wolf form that time around, rather than in his human one, in the hope it would make everything easier. No risk of tripping on his words, of blushing like an idiot under the other’s teasing jokes (because Kibum was just that cruel and he was a poor excuse of an alpha when it came to that boy) or, even worse, of rambling the most random nonsense - which had once unfortunately included his ion habits.

“Oh ,” Jonghyun heard his mate curse, once he finally reached the clearing where the other liked to spend his afternoons in. The black-haired boy was throwing his hands up in the air out of sheer frustration and delicately bonking his head against the tree trunk he was leaning on. “Not you again.”

It was such a wonderful thing to be noticed by his Kibum, that the elder didn’t even care about the hostile stance he had been welcomed with - his tail began to furiosly sway to the rhythm of his beating heart and his happy barking. He was so whipped to be honest.

"Can’t I just come here to draw, without you interrupting me every single time?”

He was sure the younger probably meant to sound pissed at him, but he wasn’t succeeding at all. His tone was more one of fond exasperation, while he gently petted Jonghyun’s brown fur and observed how the sunrays made it shine. He kept doing it for a while, mildly amused at the content, regular grunts the wolf was letting out. They made him think of a kitten’s purr and, jundging from the satisfied way those captivating orbs were relaxing and almost getting sleepy, he realized it wasn’t such a silly impression after all. 

“You know, you look nice as a wolf,” he mumbled after a while. His fingers had stopped caressing Jonghyun’s back, in favour of absentmindedly scratching behind his ear.

The elder was so pleased under the other’s ministration that he didn’t notice the malicious grin that soon blossomed on Kibum’s face, nor the way the his plump lips in anticipation of what he was about to say and how he knew it would affect his unsuspecting victim.

“But I must say, you look fine in your human form as well. Damn fine, if you ask me.”

The elder wasn't shy or unconfident by any means and if it would have been any other people on Earth, he would have remained unfazed by the compliment. On the contrary he would have grabbed the chance to get all flirty and cocky in the blink of an eye. 
But it was his destined mate the one who had shown his appreciation and, damn, he couldn’t help but yip out in embarassment at the thought the other found him attractive. Well, that and the dirty thoughts that suddenly crossed his mind didn’t help any. 
(He bet that if only his pretty omega knew what he would have liked to do to him and his delicious body, he wouldn’t find teasing him that much fun anymore).


"Oh my, you get flustered even when you’re like this,” Kibum then laughed at his expenses and yes, he felt ridiculous enough to nudge the other stomach with his big head and try to hide away his snout. He couldn’t stop his ears from flattening against his head, giving even more away his state of embarassment - such traitors they were.

Buried in that delicious tummy, he resignedly waited for the next teasings to worsen his embarassment as usual but, surprisingly enough, no sound came for a couple of minutes. There were only breathes and birds' chirps and Kibum's relaxing, delicious caresses on his scalp.

“But mostly…I like how much of a precious dork you are. And you’re cute as hell too,” the flebile sigh finally worked its way the animal's mind, almost getting lost in the quiet of the clearing..

The younger had in fact only whispered those words, he hadn’t said them out loud.
He probably didn’t even mean the wolf to know.
But he had forgotten that Jonghyun could hear him perfectly - he could way too easily detect the way the black-haired boy’s heart was almost dancing in his chest, matching the rythm of his own. Kibum was so used to spend his time in his human form, that he had basically forgotten all the perks of being a werewolf and the elder to be honest didn’t mind his forgetfullness. He didn’t mind feigning ignorance or keep playing along and getting embarassed with every one of their playful banters either, if it meant eavesdropping those secret, adorable confessions.

After all Kibum was his mate, his love; and he knew that deep inside - behind every teasing and every joke - he was Kibum’s as well.