[Jongyu] Antidote

Love's the same, yet different

Pairing: Jongyu; basically onesided!JongKey; you can see some TaeKey too in it, if you wish to
Rating: G
Length: 200 words
Prompt: "'Relax,' says Jinki, rubbing soothing circles between Jonghyun's tense shoulder-blades. 'Maybe Kibum just forgot to tell you about it.'" (input sentence; I had to write a 6 sentences long drabble starting from it. I will never respect the limit, sue me)
A/N: I hate this drabble because I masochistically ruined my otp in this one and ftyghujikghujikogh8uji yeah jongyu. (not true, I love it). (Also, Key is such an in here; I want to punch my bias, that prick.)

 

 


 

 

“Relax,” says Jinki, rubbing soothing circles between Jonghyun’s tense shoulder-blades. “Maybe Kibum just forgot to tell you about it.”

The brunette would like to nod - if not to confirm something he isn’t fully convinced of, at least to thank Jinki for all that support he’s always keen on offering him -, but he feels no strenght left in his bones. He’s been worried sick, trying to reach his boyfriend in every possible way after a couple of days he had had no news about him, just to discover Kibum had left without bothering to tell him a ing word about it.

“Taemin had a discount for a trip in Jeju,” he had told him that afternoon without even trying to sound apologetic, “I couldn’t pass up the offer. I’m sorry I forgot to tell you.”

Jonghyun knows all too well he isn’t sorry and that crushes him. The more time flies away, the more his conversations -his whole relationship- with Kibum resemble an injection of poison in his veins: they leave him empty, almost devoid of life.

He can only be thankful the Heavens have sent him the antidote, he thinks, and offers Jinki a wavering but sincere smile.