[OnKey] Born to shine

Love's the same, yet different

Pairing: OnKey
Rating: G
Lenght: 342 words
Prompt: “If you thought Gwiboon was good, I’ll show you how much better Kibum is!” (input sentence. Had to write a six sentences long grabble yada yada, by now you all know the deal lol)
A/N: Nothing much to say about this drabble, just that I think I screwed up the decent job I had done on the previous one <3 Hope you'll like it though lol Also, on another note, can I ask you to check this blog post out? It's about requests :) Thank you in advance for you attention and I'm sorry for bothering you ; ; 

 

 


 

 

“If you thought Gwiboon was good, I’ll show you how much better Kibum is!” the boy confidently smiled, while holding the elder’s hand.
Jinki felt his heart warming up at the genuine statement and at the way his partner’s eyes shone almost in secret, under the lamp post’s soft glow. 

They’d been walking together back to the dorm - the pleasant date they had just been on was still lingering in their hearts and minds-, when Jinki found himself blurting out an awkward, conscious confession about that secret crush he had nurtured in fifth grade. 
The harbouring affection pumping in his heart had done the trick: it had been the last push to lay all of his card down for the other to see, as it didn’t seem right to let unspoken secrets (as silly as they may seem) tarnishing their steps.

He didn’t know what reaction the other would have. Yet he was somehow aware he should’ve expected Kibum’s hand tightening on his and the confidence resounding in his voice.

Jinki could remember Gwiboon being such a shy, insecure girl - her arms always subtly wrapped around her as if she felt uncomfortable wherever she was; as if she felt she never belonged.
At that time he was so deeply attracted to her. Then again her demeanour saddened him, as if he could sense she always kept something back from the world, suffocating herself into that meek shell that the others liked to see.

Jinki hated it instead. 
He could peer into her eyes and her smiles, into the way she moved her hands and set her jaw determinedly at times. He sensed her colorful, unique soul dying just to burst out and finally shine under everyone’s eyes.

That very soul he had patiently waited to see, was now glowing brightly in front of the whole world and most of all in front of him, lightening their steps as they walked; and it was dazzling.

“I don’t need you to show me.” Jinki finally whispered, tightening his hand back.

 “I already know.”