[MinKey] Sugary prescriptions

Love's the same, yet different

Pairing: MinKey
Rating: G
Length: 838 words
Prompt: Minkey - Key faints at the end of a concert
A/N: Hopefully this won't too much lol Thank you a whole lot to you all for reading/commenting the previous chapters! I hope you'll enjoy this one too :)

 

 

 


 

 

 

It had all happened in a fast blur.
Kibum could still recall how the air around him felt suffocating - hot and soaked with the heady scent of sweat -, and how the loud rock music exploding out of the speakers made his ears throb with the beat - his arms moving out and his feet flying away from the ground second after second, jump after jump. 
It had felt overwhelming to stand in such a huge crowd- to be a tiny part of that wide ocean of people sharing different stories but the same passion for music-, and his heart had been beating so fast he couldn’t even feel it anymore.

And then… and then stop - just stop.

Everything went black and the world disappeard into the dark pit of unconsciousness without even giving him the time to realize it.

 



                                                                                                            ***
                                                    



When he woke up, his mind was a jumbled mess of unawareness - because when had he even fallen asleep in the first place? - and misplaced memories flashing up behind his heavy eyelids.
He briefly remembered that childhood incident where he had been knocked out pretty bad -his eyebrow scar a constant reminder that skateboarding with your hyper active dog was never a good idea -, and felt like he was living a deja-vu. Only this time there weren’t cooing parents around him, but a faint bustling as a background noise and the pungent odor of he-didn’t-even-know-what. 

His eyelashes fluttered a bit in the effort of opening his eyes and a couple of faint groans escaped his lips at the same time. 

“You’re finally waking, huh? Took you a while.” A deep voice mumbled from somewhere near him - he didn’t exactly know where, though, since his eyelids weren’t cooperating yet.

All he could offer back were another groan and a couple of swears, causing the other man to let out a soft, almost shy but incredibily pleasant chuckle. 

“Open your eyes, sleepy head.” The mistery man offered sweetly, suddenly grabbing his wrist and making Kibum’s skin tingle under the callous touch. He finally managed to lift his eyelids - his sight being a bit blurry for a few seconds, before the world cleared up and two huge, brown orbs materialiazed in front of him.

The guy had a cute, friendly smile, brown curls softly cascading on his slightly sweaty foreheard and a paramedic uniform.

Oh.

Oh.

He was a paramedic.

“W-what happened?” Kibum managed to croack out, only then realizing the grip on his wrist wasn’t an affectionate gesture, but most likely a way to get his pulse. The other didn’t answer, he just let out a sligh hum, before parading a couple of fingers right in front his eyes.

“How many fingers do you see?” He murmured and Kibum could feel those big eyes intenly observing his face, making him feel a bit self-conscious for some weird reasons (he concluded his fainting incident must have really gotten to him).

“Two…?”

“Mh. Seems like you’re alright, aren’t you?”

“Yeah,” and he couldn’t help but roll his eyes a bit “if you exclude the fact that I feel like Jackie Chan kicked me in my ing head”

The other let out another chuckle and fondly shaked his head, before helping Kibum to sit up. 

“Nah, nothing like that. You just fainted at the end of the concert.” He informed him while doing the last check-ups. His patient barely made out what he had just said though, letting himself getting distracted by the faint lisp he had detected, which added another touch of cuteness to that gorgeous paramedic the Heavens had graciously sent to him (because with his consciousness, he was also regaining his sense of aesthetics, thanks God). 

“At least I managed to stay awake 'till the last song.” Kibum countered back with a flirty smile, watching as the guy-  Minho, he finally read on the tag- was slightly taken aback by his new acquired attitude. 

“You’ve been lucky,” Minho nodded, trying to re-gain his composure back - his eyes sparkling with an ounce of interest “it was a great concert. And it doesn’t happen every day, to get to see Rolling Stones.”

“But next time, drink and eat a bit more.” he concluded with a wink, revelling in the way Kibum spluttered embarassedly at that.

“Sure, doc!” was the joking reply. It seemed like it was time for the both of them to part, since all the check ups had been done and nothing was out of place, but Kibum found himself stalling, trying to come up with a way to ask the other out.

It came out he didn’t have to, though.

“There’s a coffee shop, a few blocks from here,” Minho started and his lisp made his companion genuinely smile now “and they have the most disgustigly sugary chocolate cake. Just what you need to feel better, you know?”

“Is that a medical presciption?”

The charming paramedic didn’t even have to counter something back, before Kibum basically dragged him out of the infirmary tent.