[JongYu] Bathtub responsibilities

Love's the same, yet different

Pairing: JongYu
Rating: PG-15
Prompt: write a fantasyJongYu (I opted for an a/b/overse) with fluff and sweet romance. The rating can go from a minumum of PG-15 to a maximum of R
Lenght: 1578 words
A/N: It took me quite a while to write this one because I had another idea in mind at first, which was way more captivating in my opinion. It went off topic though and I wasn't even that sure about how to develop it, so I just limited myself to post the WIP. I re-started the request from square one and this is what came out. It's slightly longer than the previous chapters. I hope you will enjoy it! :)

 

 


 

 

The life of an alpha was a hard life, that much Jinki could tell.

 

Even though he had just recently gotten in charge – their previous leader now too old to deal with their hyperactive and messy pack-, he had already had a taste of what this new position entailed and was tragically about to have had enough after less than one year.

 

It wasn’t like Jinki was one to give up without even trying first.
But truly the power he supposedly had over his fellow werewolves was definitely not worth all the troubles he had to deal with every day (not to mention the wild range of responsibilities everyone put on him). Making sure Taemin didn’t sneak out at night, ensuring that they all got along (which proved to be an almost impossible task when it came to Minho and Kibum), checking they didn’t go and mess around with other packs…really, Jinki was already in for retirement.

 

It was even worse, in his opinion, when your omega happened to be Kim Jonghyun of all people.

 

“Stop it!” Jinki spluttered as the restless wolf happily swayed his big, fluffy tail. Jonghyun though didn’t seem to give a damn about his frustrated companion and the annoyed glare he sent at his way; he just moved around a bit more, seeming quite amused as yet another splash of water ended up soaking the other and making those long, silky hair stick to his face in an enticing way.
(Wet Jinki had always been a sight to behold, the annoying wolf thought while feeling quite accomplished – he was only doing humanity a favor.)

 

The alpha on his hand was a bit annoyed at the whole ordeal: bathing his companion was supposed to be a quick task to soon get rid of and not such a time-consuming activity. He had yet so many stuff to do after that (he always had) and Jonghyun never seemed to get it. Jinki was starting to feel so frustrated and  a deep frown slipped on his usually serene face.
He needed more soap on his sponge and a more compliant mate to bathe.

 

“Jonghyun, seriously! Let’s do this quickly, okay? I don’t have much time.” he intimated.

 

The answer was almost immediate: yet another vigorous sway of his tail, and the omega had the other soaked to the bone once again. Jinki could swear the happy yip following soon after had sounded way too similar to a mocking laugh and took revenge in scrubbing the mud-covered fur a bit too hard, too annoyed to give a damn about the consequential whine.

 

He expected many things after that, like his mate retorting with another splash or by nipping at his long hair (because the younger knew damn well how he hated having wolf’s spit all over them. Not that anyone could be pleased at that, let’s be real). What he hadn’t foreseen was for Jonghyun to still down once and for all.

 

That never happened… it was so weird. He almost felt speechless at the new, sudden quietness.

 

He should have been happy at the repentine change in attitude, he knew that, so he felt a bit silly for feeling quite upset at it instead. 
But Jinki knew there was something wrong in that silence: he could perceive a weird tension in the air that certainly hadn’t been there before and he knew on some level that he was the one to blame, no matter how many times he told himself Jonghyun was being unreasonable and deserving of every scolding in the world.

 

The calmer his mate kept behaving, the quicker he could bathe him (how had he managed to get so dirty in the first place was beyond Jinki) and go worry himself with other important tasks, such as paying bills, dealing with pack formalities and scold the hell out of Kibum for having insulted the rival pack leader of all people.

 

Except that… were those things really more important than his mate, he grimly asked himself while roaming his eyes on his omega’s dejected demeanor.

 

When had the last time they had spent some alone-time together been, really? Jinki couldn’t even remember.

 

Maybe, he finally realized while looking into those big, deep brown eyes, there was much more to Jonghyun coming back home in that state than what he had first thought; maybe being childish and borderline annoying at time was the younger’s way of trying to finally grab his mate’s attention and Jinki had once again been too dense to take the hint. As smart as he was, he was a bit slow when it came to that stuff but he really tried his best. 
Only his best wasn’t always enough.

 

But he was still in time to make it up, right?
The alpha hoped so.

 

“I was thinking,” he started saying, his plump lips in a nervous gesture, “what about we go into our room after we’re done here?”

 

As much as Jinki was a  born leader deep down (as it clearly showed in time of need), he had always been clumsy when it came to personal relationships. He knew he had sounded awkward as hell – his voice should have been confident and not an unsure mumble-, but he forced himself not to mind that much, reveling in the way the other’s big ears had sprung up at his words. Jonghyun could be the cutest when he tipped his head to the side, just like a curious dog – his eyes sparkling with interest and trepidation at the same time.

 

The elder hoped his mate was aware of what he was trying to do with that suggestion, but since he didn’t trust himself with these type of “subtle messages”, he decided elaborating himself a little more couldn’t hurt. The lack of any answer – not even a faint yip or a shake of that furry head made him feel even more convinced he was failing epically at his intent.
Or who knows, maybe Jonghyun just wasn’t good at picking up – maybe they were both bad at that and it wasn’t a case they had ended up in that weird, clumsy but precious relationship of theirs.

 

“We— we could watch a movie. You wanted to see ‘Lo hobbit’, right? Or  we could… you know. Cuddle. Or something.”

 

“I mean, if you want to.” He added as an afterthought when Jonghyun just kept staring at him with an unreadable expression (not that reading wolves’ expressions was exactly that easy in the first place). 
After a few second though, the younger’s muzzle opened up in what resembled an amused grin, making Jinki feel even more awkward than before, but also weirdly proud of that soft comfort that was once again spreading out in the air between them.

 

He had been so smooth, mh? But what did it matter when the wolf in front of him finally turned in his tiny, but toned (and perfect if Jinki had a say) human shape? The soft fur between his fingertips left space to hot, bronze skin – the one he liked to often caress- and he couldn’t help but drink in that sight.
Jonghyun was smiling and the alpha loved it.

 

“Is that a yes?” he questioned still a bit unsure and yet already sensing a positive outcome for their conversation.

 

Instead of straight out replying, Jonghyun displayed a mischievous grin that kind of spoke of troubles – giving his mate chills because, no matter if it was about almost setting the kitchen on fire like that one time or just about giving him reasons to be frustrated, the omega was capable of massive trouble in a way or another.

 

His fearful predictions almost made him miss how the other quickly bent over the bathtub to get as near to him as possible. All of a sudden their faces were in such close proximity the alpha could swear he could feel the playful flatter of the other’s black, long lashes against his own skin. Maybe the coquettish display was meant to be comical, or at least appear so, but it had a whole other effect on him – because, damn, it was his mate, who was there and grinning and .

 

Jonghyun was a little and he knew it.
Jinki was so ed – but to be honest, he was happy he was, he secretly thought and gulped when the younger his lips with mirth.

 

“I’m thinking of something better than ‘Lo hobbit’, Jinki.”

 

The low murmur felt hot against his lips – Jonghyun had basically purred those words as if they were the most seductive ones on Earth and the alpha was prone to concede that. 
How long had it been since they last… ?
He didn’t know, but that had definitely been too long for both, if their perked s and already heavy breathing were any indication. It was weird to think about the unexpected turn their conversation had taken but neither really cared when that unspoken promise lingered between them.

 

“Sounds like a plan.” The alpha finally pulled himself enough to smirk back, suggestively caressing his omega’s scalp at the same time.

 

Taemin’s disasters, Minho and Key fighting in the other room, all those damn pack responsibilities finally flew away from Jinki’s mind, because for that one night he couldn’t care less about being the pack’s leader.

 

That night was for the two of them only.

 

 


 

A/N (again because I never shut up):
I like this one way less than the previous two :( 
Hope you enjoyed it anyway ; ; 
And thanks to all of you for the sweet comments you have left me till now! ; u ; 
It means a lot to me, so let me send a huge, warm virtual hug to all of you! <3