[OnKey] Second impressions

Love's the same, yet different

Pairing: OnKey
Rating: G
Length: 302 words
Prompt: “Were you always this funny?” (input sentence. I had to write a 6 sentences long drabble. But you know sentences limits are not my forte, by now.)

 

 


 

 

“Were you always this funny?”

Jinki’s breath hitched in the middle of his laugh at Kibum’s soft and sincere question. He searched that handsome face for any trace of maliciousness, only to find curious eyes blinking up at him. More surprisingly, there was a tender smile too, quirking up those plump lips, that made him feel lost for a moment or two.

The young hairstylist was famous for his snide, acid remarks and Jinki, being the idol Kibum seemed to hate the most out of all, certainly wasn’t new to his harsh treatment.
He liked the other though - he loved how he could make his voice tremble with affection at his sight alone, or how clammy his hands would get or how his lips naturally bent up near him -, and couldn’t help but keep being fond of the beautiful, fierce man in spite of it all.
His stubborn affection was what led them up to that point - to their awkward but slowly blossoming friendship that Jinki carefully tip-toed around and treasured maybe even more than it was worth.

“I am not…?” was the hesitantly murmured reply that he came up with in the end.

A moment of silence followed, filled up only with the soft chatter of the other people in the pub. That sudden question had felt somewhat scaring and unexpected and Jinki gulped, so afraid his reply had been the wrong one, that he couldn’t even look at Kibum in the eye, preferring to trace the rim of his glass with his nervous fingers instead.

“I thought so too,” the younger finally spoke up, “but I was clearly wrong.”

Jinki didn’t even have to turn his head: when he felt hair tickling his cheek and a head softly leaning on his shoulder, he didn’t feel afraid anymore.