[OnHo] Yep.

Love's the same, yet different

Pairing: OnHo
Rating: G
Prompt: write about a friendship that turns into more

Length: 489 words
A/N: my first Onho ever! It may be simple and banal... but I don't know, I think it's cute all in all :) I hope you'll think so as well! <3

 

 


 

 

There was this undeniable awkward atmosphere, whenever they got too close to each other or acidentally grazed their hands. Minho could feel it - his adam apple bobbing nervously along his throat and his fingers getting clammy with sweat - but didn’t think that made any difference.

Jonghyun had often told him it did. 

“Confess already,” he would boredly hiss in his ear every time he got a bit too flustered at some compliment the elder had casually spurted at him in the middle of a chat. But being the realistic guy he was, he knew that was not an option.
Jinki was older, he already went to college and spent his nights out drinking with his friends, while Minho on the other hand was nothing more than a high school brat with a crush on his neighbour. It was so pathetic that this lame wanna-be-lovestory of his couldn’t possibly go well. 

It didn’t matter that the elder cleared out his schedules just to help him out with chemistry homework, nor that he seemed to laugh too hard at his jokes or that his lips quirked up in a faint smile whenever their thighs touched in Jonghyun’s cramped car.

No, Jinki was just too out of his league, stat. 

He kept reminding himself of that every morning and that was why he almost choked on his french fries when the red-head boy straight out told him “I like you” (at Mc Donald’s of all places because romanticism had never been the other’s forte). If only Jonghyun had been there, he would have probably sneered in his ear an annoying “told you so, ”, and it was weird he had the time to realize that when he was almost dying for a freaking potato chip.
Not to mention he was feeling so light headed and that an unhealthy amount of blood was definitely rushing to his ears.

Jinki wordlessly handed him out his coke and waited for an answer, looking at how Minho was basically gulping the whole thing down in one go (hoping that the sugar would give him some courage? He didn’t know).

“so…what about you?”

“I—” Minho started, just to clear out his throat seconds later, “I—I mean…when…?”

“Does it really matter?” the elder questioned, while titling his head to the side “If you want to know the day, I don’t really know. But— yeah, I like you.” 

“Yep.” he added seconds later as an after thought. It made Minho smile, because that confession was just so clumsy, just so Jinki that not even the sticky table of that fast food or his hands covered in grease could ruin it.

“Well… yeah
— I mean, I think I like you too.”


Maybe it was his closet-romantic spirit talking for him, but he found that the elder’s smile was really nice and that he didn’t mind the way he was slowly stealing all of his french fries.

“Yep.” he mimicked him.

He felt accomplished at the loud laugh following soon after.