CHAPTER VIII: The Recording

Let's Pretend

The meeting with the manager was quite quick. We all agreed that we’ll have it tomorrow. He said to always meet the issue head on. They will prepare questions we will need to anticipate and we’ll formulate the answers to them and memorize them all. We’ll have it done tomorrow as well before the press conference. It’s supposed to be just after lunch.

 

He had a schedule for a recording right after meeting the manager and asked me to stay with him. Since I am technically on a hiatus from work and will have to make a convincing act for the “relationship”, I agreed with him and I am now inside the studio and listening to him on the other side. He is singing one of his most recently written songs, a Japanese version, I think.

 

“Donnani hanaretomo itsudemo aieru

 

Kokoro wo ubaware koi ni ochite

Unmei kanjita kimi ga subete

 

*I’m missing you

Girl you are meant for me

I thought you were mine

Futari no koi no yukue wa kiri no naka

Girl you are meant for me

I thought you were mine

 

Donnani hanaretomo itsudemo aieru

Kimi tono omoide ga boku wo setsunaku suruyo

Itsumo”

 

English Version:

(No matter how far apart we are,

I will always love you

 

My heart was captivated, I fell in love

This feeling of destiny, you are my everything

 

I’m missing you

Oh, girl you are meant for me

Thought you were mine

 

The destination of our love is hidden in fog

Oh, girl, you are meant for me

Thought you were mine

No matter far apart we are,

I will always love you)

 

The song sounded a bit upbeat but there was a certain longing and love that you can feel. I wanted to closely listen to the lyrics and had my eyes closed but I felt a certain tug and I opened my eyes. Right at that moment, I saw him look straight in my eyes while still singing the song. It felt as if we were back in my favorite bench and he had was playing his guitar and playing his song, just for me. The feelings were so raw and I couldn’t break the stare we were in. I stand to lose my heart, I may already have, but there was no way I can stop it. And right now, I’m just going to let it.

 

The song ended and I heard him ask, “so, how was it?”

 

“You are amazing, you know that, right?” I said with a smile I think was stretched from ear to ear.

 

He stepped out of the other side and was now standing right next to me, looking down.

 

“Hearing your confirmation is better than anything else.” Then pulled me up. “Let’s go.”

 

Go? Was he not supposed to record until much later?

 

It was then that I noticed that it was just the two of us inside the room. “Where is everyone?”

 

“They’ve left. You didn’t notice?”

 

“I guess I didn’t.” I said while grinning and blushing at the same time.

 

Before we could even get far, we heard his manager call out to him and tell him he is being summoned by the CEO about some issues with the promotion and other details.

 

I decided to give the rest of the day for myself and I also needed to look for an outfit for the press conference. He agreed but without leaving his stylist with me to help me look for a dress. I didn’t want to fuzz that much and agreed.

 

I had a blast looking for the dress. It was something I haven’t done for such a long time. Plus Jonghyun’s stylist was a real nice man and helped me a lot. I was able to relax myself and by the time I got home, I was ready to hit the sack.

 

My last thoughts before slept chose to pull me to dreamland was Jonghyun and how magnetic his stares always seem to be. His voice is so charming. Would it have been better if he met me first? If only….