CHAPTER XXV: The Explanation – Part II

Let's Pretend

“So here I am, trying to straighten things out. Once I arrived, I immediately drove here, wanting to explain things. I didn’t want to just call you, I wanted to surprise you and tell you everything. Absolutely everything.” He said meaningfully.

 

“Including the blanket and the cupcakes and umbrella.” I felt quite confident that I was right in all my assumptions, now that everything is up on the playing field.

 

It was now his turn to get startled and surprised.

 

“Wh-what? I.. ah.. what?” He seemed totally confused which made me laugh so hard.

 

“Hey, what are you laughing at? I am going to have to have a long talk with Krystal, and maybe think about this Minhyuk guy.” He said. Already, I can see the gears in his head turning.

 

I continued to laugh since he just, in a way, admitted the acts and he was not even aware of it. Also, I could see a tinge of blush slowly creeping into his face and ears. Oh, how cute he is when he gets all flustered.

 

“Hey, stop laughing already.” He tugged my hand and kissed it. That immediately made me stop but instead squeak at how he can change my emotion from mirth to tingling sensation.

 

“I just find it so amusing that you actually admitted to stalking me.” I again.

 

He laughed at that, which surprised me but made me feel lighthearted. “I did, didn’t I?”

 

“Yep, you did. But don’t worry, I like that about you, a lot.” I said, and with my free hand, squeezed his cheeks. He crinkled his nose after that and my heart swelled even more. I thought, how can you stop yourself from loving such a wonderful guy?

 

“Also, don’t blame Krystal. She hasn’t even told me anything but I slowly figured things out. It all felt like putting the puzzle into place. All I was waiting for was you to confirm me everything.”

 

“You’re not scared of this stalker-ahjussi?” He teased.

 

I laughed. He was right, he was a bit of a stalker. But I was fine with it. “How can I be scared of the man he helped me and saved me from myself?” I raised his hand to my cheek and closed my eyes thinking, how can I be frightened of the man I have learned to love?

 

 

He asked me specifics on how I found out about it, saying how he was all careful not to be discovered and I slowly explained to him how I came up with everything and added them all up. We also talked about what his legal team had been up to and what were our options. We all talked about this until I got surprised when I saw the sign to the hospital.

 

I looked at him and noticed the fatigue on his face and realized, he must have said and done all the things in the car just now to take my mind off the fact that my parent were in the hospital and to also keep him concentrated on his driving.

 

I sighed which he heard and said, “Everything’s going to be alright, okay?” I nodded. Not wanting to say that not only was I worried about my parents but that my sigh was actually a sigh of relief that it was him with me. Because to be honest, I feel safest when I am with him.

 

We parked that car and walked to the entrance door where we met Krystal and Minhyuk. We immediately went to the lobby desk and was provided the room number for my parents.

 

On our way upstairs, I was starting to get very worried. Jonghyun probably felt and instead of just holding my hand, he held my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. Krystal and Minhyuk followed us but remained quiet.

 

Right outside the door, we heard some shout “ouch!” and I immediately opened the door. Only to be surprised again. Frustrated to add to that. How I hate opening doors now. It’s giving me all sorts of mixed emotions. Because right inside the door, across from me, was my dad and mom and Eric and Choa, all laughing their heads off.

 

Things seems to be all good. My dad was in the bed with very slight bruises on his left arm while mom was sitting beside the bed but no sign of any bruises or bandages.

 

I immediately went to them and asked if they were alright. They said they were good and that they were actually just parking the car when they bumped into a goal post. The doctor just advised my dad to stay for the night for observation to make sure there were no internal bleeding or concussions.

 

“No one bothered to call me and tell me you were both okay?” I said, not really meaning it but teasing that they got me scared and all.

 

Eric and dad, both now with same mannerisms, raised their hands like two little boys caught doing mischievous things and said, “we tried to contact you but we couldn’t get through to you. Krystal said you were already driving back here and that you might have forgotten to bring your phone.”

 

I checked my knapsack and did not find my phone. I guess, in all the commotion and haste, I did forget about it. But wait, “how did you know Krystal and why do know her number?” I remembered to ask. Not that I was totally surprised. By now, nothing should be able to faze me, after all the revelation of the day.

 

“Well.. you.. uhmm.. should probably explain, uncle.” Eric said, transferring the ball over to my dad.  

 

“Huh? Uhmm.. well.. it’s like this. You see..” dad started to say but he seemed to have been lost for words. “Geez, this is hard, why don’t you just explain, Jonghyun.” Dad finally gave up and pointed a finger to the guy beside me, grinning like a hyena.

 

He then laughed, clearly amused at what was happening and I just raised my brows. Everyone inside the room stared at us as if both of us had gone mad. I turned to look at Krystal with an inquiring look of my own and it was then that it probably finally clicked to her.

 

“Oh, my God! You finally know now, don’t you?” She gasped. I nodded and everyone else, except for Minhyuk, followed.

 

“You all have a lot of explaining to do. You were all in this guy’s plan and no one cared to tell me?” I said, trying to sound as if I was reprimanding them. But my wide grin probably didn’t get the message across.

 

“We just wanted you to be happy.” My mom said.

 

“And I am.” I said, with conviction.