Chapter 8

Forbidden

When Kai arrived to Taemin's house after his soccer match with Jonghyun, he was welcomed by the delicious smell of food. He followed the smell to the kitchen and saw Taemin on the stove. He was blasting some music that Kai recognized to be BTS' 'Danger'. Taemin was dancing to it while cooking. The music was so loud that he hadn't heard Kai walk in. Kai stared at him admiringly. Why is he so cute! He sneaked up behind Taemin and poked his sides. Taemin jumped in surprise.

"OH MY GOSH, you scared me!" Then, his eyes opened wider. "How much did you see?"

Kai laughed. "Enough to know that you're a great dancer."

Taemin blushed in embarrassement. "There's nothing to be embarrassed about!" Kai said, pinching his cheeks. 

"Thanks," Taemin replied cutely.

"It smells so good in here, what are you cooking?"

"I'm making bokkeumbap. I hope you like it." 

Kai helped him by setting the table and cleaning up a bit, after which they both sat down at the table and began eating.

"Wahhh, it's so good!" Kai said, as he took his first bite of the meal. "You're even good at cooking! You always amaze me."

Taemin blushed immensely and smiled shyly. 

After eating, the two went to Taemin's room to work on the project. This time, they put their entire focus on it, not allowing themselves to be distracted. Their project was progressing, but there was still a long way to go. After spending 3 hours straight on it, Taemin let his body drop on his bed.

"Ouf, I need a little break," he said, his face buried in the pillow. Kai continued to work.

After a few minutes, Taemin turned around to face him. He held his upper body up with his elbows and stared at him.

Kai began to feel uncomfortable under his gaze. "What," he mumbled, without looking back at him.

"Nothing," Taemin responded, as a smile began to form on his lips. 

He continued to stare at him some more, and Kai chuckled. "What do you want Taemin?"

"You look so cute when you're focused," he admitted.

Kai blushed. He smiled at the thought of Taemin finding him cute.

Taemin never stopped staring at him. "Yah, stop staring at me and get back to work now," Kai said, as he threw a pillow at Taemin playfully.

"Why? Is it bothering you? Are you flustered?" Taemin said with a mischievous look on his face. He was slowly getting up from his bed and approaching Kai.

Kai scratched the back of his head nervously. "No," he managed to say in a low voice.  

Taemin stepped forward. Please don't come any closer, please don't come any closer. Taemin was now dangerously close to him. Kai froze. The bedroom was so silent, Kai was afraid that Taemin could hear his heart continuously hitting against his rib cage. 

Taemin ran his fingers seductively along Kai's torso and abs. "Does this make you uncomfortable?" he asked in a whisper, staring directly into his eyes. Kai took a step back, trying to put some distance between himself and his seducer. But with every step that Kai took back, Taemin stepped forward. Eventually, Kai was against a wall, no longer able to move back.

Taemin continued to look into Kai's eyes, but Kai refused to look back, too flustered. He kept his head down. Taemin dragged his nails softly along Kai's bare arms, making him get goose bumps all over his body. Kai's head continued to sink lower, but Taemin held his chin up with his finger and made Kai face him. He was a blushing mess. Taemin looked at the vulnerable guy's lips and noticed that they were slightly trembling. When his fingers reached Kai's hands, he hissed and jumped back a little and looked at them.

"Your hands are ice cold!" Taemin said, surprised. When he looked back into Kai's eyes, he noticed that their color had changed from brown to blue. "Y-Your eyes, when did they–" Taemin began, but then he looked back at Kai's fingers, which were now trembling and fidgeting. 

Kai quickly got a glimpse of the time. 11:59pm. .

Taemin held Kai's face up so he could get a better look. He began to see a set of fangs growing in his mouth. "Kai, what's–" 

"I have to go," Kai interrupted, pushing Taemin's hand away. He left the house as fast as possible, running at full speed towards his own house. When he entered the door, he was full in his full vampire form. He collapsed on the ground while his parents tried to get his dose of blood down his throat. When Kai was done drinking it, he lost consciousness.

He woke up several minutes later. In front of him stood his parents, their arms linking and their faces full of anger and worry.

"WHERE WERE YOU?" his mother shouted.

"DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?" added his father.

"DID YOU FORGET THAT YOU'RE A VAMPIRE?"

"WHAT IF SOMEONE SAW YOU?"

Kai suddenly remembered Taemin. Taemin saw me. He saw my eyes and my fangs. . His parents saw the stressed look on their son's face.

"He saw you, didn't he..." asked his father, referring to Taemin.

"W-what?" Kai answered.

His mother gasped and joined Kai's side. She held his wrist. "No...please Kai, tell me this isn't true." His mother's eyes were wide with fear.

"N-no, Taemin didn't see," he lied. 

"You're lying!" his father suspected.

"No I'm not! I left the house as soon as possible!" Kai defended.

"How could you be so irresponsible! Do you want the humans to find out about us?!" his mother shouted.

"No...I'm sorry, we were so focused on the project, I lost track of time..."

"How could you lose track of time, Kai! You can't keep doing this, you'll get yourself discovered and we'll be in big trouble!" his father added. 

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again, I swear," he said, hanging his head in shame.

"After you finish that science fare project with Taemin, I want you to stay away from him, you understand?" said his mother with a serious tone.

"Yes..."

Without another word, his parents left the room. Kai buried himself under his blanket. So many thoughts went through his mind. Did Taemin see everything? Maybe he didn't fully see, maybe he'll be in denial. I screwed up big time. He hit himself on the head. You could've been in big trouble! Now your parents are losing trust in you! He recalled the events of that night. How could you not check the time, pabo! What could've made you so lostㅡ 

He cheeks suddenly began heating up. Taemin... He recalled what he had done. What were you thinking...why did you do that..? His heart picked up the pace as he remembered the way Taemin stared at him. "You're so cute when you're focused", he replayed those words in his head.

And then, he remembered how close Taemin had gotten to him, how his speech sounded so y when it was low and husk when he teasingly said "Why? Is it bothering you? Are you flustered?" The sound made his body tense up.

He remembered how whenever he tried to distance himself, Taemin always approached, and soon he was helpless against a wall. He remembered the way Taemin touched his body, how it felt like little electric shocks on his skin, how it made his knees weak, how he wanted to run away from the situation but at the same time, he was subconsciously begging for more. 

"Is this making you uncomfortable?" Of course it is Taemin, but why did you do that...You're just toying with me, right? His body shivered as he felt Taemin's touch on his skin again. He sighed deeply. I shouldn't be feeling this way about him...this is wrong. Mom and Dad are right...I need to stay away from him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: AHHHH Taemin, you tease >.< I decided to make this chapter more exciting with this little intimate moment between TaeKai and to release it earlier than planned for y'all because your positive feedback makes me happy, so I hope you enjoyed ≧﹏≦