Chapter 11

Forbidden

A second later, Kai felt like his insides were crushed from the impact. Jonghyun had sent a relentless fist to Kai's stomach that made him curl in pain. He dropped to his knees and fell to his side in a fetal position. The two others kept kicking the already injured boy on the cold wet asphalt. Kai felt like he was going to die. The continuous kicks to his stomach knocked the wind out of him and he felt like he could no longer breathe. Just before he had time to catch his breath, he felt himself being pulled up by his hair. Jonghyun's face inched closer to his.

"You really don't want to mess with me, Kai. You take something from me, and I'll take something from you. If you take Taemin, I'll take your life. It's simple," he warned in a low whisper, almost as though he was trying to be nice.

Kai was disgusted. Jonghyun was a liar and a cheater. He had broken his deal of leaving him and Taemin alone if Kai had won. He was so proud of his victory, but it was all for nothing, because Jonghyun refused to leave them in peace. The anger he felt that morning towards Jonghyun during their fight returned. He wanted to beat Jonghyun and make him just as bruised as he is, but he couldn't find the energy to gather up that strength. The frustration grew as he realized that in that moment he was helpless and weak against someone so despicable. After a while, his body jerked up and coughed blood. The three boys towered over him, watched him suffer, mocked him.

Suddenly, he felt his hands fidgeting and trembling. He checked his watch. 11:58 pm. 

Jonghyun approached. "Awww, look at the poor little baby, Do you wanna call your mommy?" he teased. 

Kai's body began to shiver. He felt his fangs piercing out of his mouth. One of the boys approached him to give him another beating, but suddenly, his feet were no longer on the ground.

Kai had grabbed him by the throat in a swift move and held him up in the air. The other boy behind Jonghyun let a loud gasp escape his mouth at the sight, while Jonghyun backed up and watched speechlessly. 

Kai's mind was shut out, now preoccupied by anger and hunger only. It was midnight, and his had transformed. He tightened his grip around the guy's throat until his face became purple and he was gasping for air.

"Stop, you're killing him!" said the guy behind Jonghyun. 

"Why the should I care?!" screamed Kai, digging his nails into the guy's throat. 

The guy behind Jonghyun run towards Kai and pushed him. In response, Kai let go of the guy in his grip and turned his attention to the second guy instead. He pinned him against the ground.

"I'm going to kill you!" he screamed again, his now blue eyes wide with anger and his fangs sparkling under the moonlight. He began lowering his head to reach the guy's neck for a bite, unable to control his body.

Jonghyun finally snapped back to the unbelievable reality in front of him. "Stop, Kai! Listen to me!"

But Kai didn't listen. Jonghyun decided to make his fist meet Kai's face again. Kai fell off off the guy he was on.

"Go! Get the out of here!" he ordered the two boys, who quickly got on their feet and ran from the situation.

As Kai was struggling to get back on his feet, Jonghyun backed away and analyzed Kai from a distance. He noticed the change in his eye color and the growth of his fangs. Though they were minor changes, he looked completely different in that form.

"You-You're a monster," Jonghyun said, his voice mixed with fear and shock. After saying those words, he bolted towards his friends, who were already out of the dark, wet alley. 

Kai didn't bother running after him. The only thing he cared about in that moment was his lust for blood. His instincts were screaming for a taste of a warm red drink and he wanted it now. His home was seemed too far to reach in time to satisfy his craving. Suddenly, he heart a mewling noise break the silence of the night. He slowly approached it. 

In the meantime, Taemin had decided to go to the convenience store near his house. He was unable to sleep because of the napping he'd done with Kai earlier. He craved candies and ramyun. He put a dark hood over his head and headed out. After getting his goodies which he carried in a plastic bag, he exited the store and unwrapped a lollipop and placed it in his mouth. Without warning, a dreadful sound reached his ears. It was the sound of pain, but not from a human; rather, it sounded as though it was from an animal. More specifically, a cat. Taemin felt concerned and followed the sound. it lead him in the back of the convenience store. From behind a dumpster, he could hear chewing and slurping sounds. He slightly peaked over. Suddenly, the sound of his bag of goodies echoed through the deserted neighborhood as it dropped on the ground. A gasp escaped Taemin's lips just before he placed his hands over them. 

What Taemin saw was a figure hunched over the lifeless corpse of a cat. The figure brought the dead cat closer to his face and continued chewing and slurping on it. He seemed to be drinking its blood. When the mysterious man heard the sound of items falling near him, he looked back quickly and met Taemin's horrified gaze. Taemin gasped after seeing the man face to face.

It was Kai, barely recognizable from the cat's blood all over his mouth. Taemin's breathing began to quicken at the sight of his friend. I-It can't be...right..? Th-That's not Kai...is it? He was in denial. But he was unable to reject the reality in front of him; Kai was the blood out of a cat. Taemin's knees were trembling, fear attaching itself to him. 

Kai dropped the dead cat on the cement, his eyes now interested in the person in front of him. Taemin stepped back, too slow to his liking; he wished he could run away, but the shock seemed to have paralyzed his feet. A new fear settled in his body, fear of what was coming next.

Kai approached Taemin slowly. Taemin noticed that his features had changed again, and had become the way they did the previous day; his eyes were the color of the ocean and he had fangs poking out from the edges of his mouth. I've never seen a medical condition like this before. Kai suddenly pushed Taemin on the wall of the convenience store and held him in place with strong hands. His nails started digging into his skin, and Taemin hissed in pain. "K-Kai, y-you're hurting me," Taemin said, but Kai brushed it off, almost as if he didn't even hear him. He looked at Taemin with a kind of craving and desperation that he couldn't explain. In a split second, he roughly held Taemin's jaw in his hand and pushed his face to the side so that his neck was fully exposed. Taemin struggled against the strong arms that left him helpless. Kai approached his neck slowly, growling noises escaping his mouth like a hungry wolf. 

Taemin froze in shock. He couldn't properly process the situation he was in; he had just witnessed his close friend feeding off a cat like an animal and his behavior had changed to match that of a starved carnivore. Just hours earlier, he had spent his time cuddled against a body that gave him so much warmth and comfort, but now that same body was ice cold and filled him with fear. He stayed still as Kai inched his yearning mouth to his neck, unable to make his body do anything else. 

Suddenly, Kai shook his head and his arms covered his face as he let out a scream that filled the dense atmosphere of the night. He looked like he was in agony, like he was struggling to refrain himself from something. 

"RUN!" he growled, his eyes meeting Taemin's just in time for him to notice that they had changed back to their usual chocolate color and his fangs had shrunk back to normal size. A sudden feeling of relief overcame Taemin at that moment because he knew Kai had returned in that split second. "HURRY, RUN," he ordered again. His body was shaking and the veins in his arms and neck were bulging from the pain of fighting with himself, seeking to control his vampire desires and get in touch with his normal self, but since it was the blooming of mating season, he had very minimal control ov his instincts. Therefore, trying to control it was an agonizing and straining process, but Kai was determined to do so, not wanting to scare Taemin by feeding off of him. 

"Kai, what's going on?! Is this your condition?! Let me help you, tell me what to do!" the clueless blonde haired boy insisted. He had never seen a human in a condition like Kai's before, but he was bent on trying to help his friend in desperate need. 

"NOTHING, JUST RUN, PLEASE!" Just when Kai had finished saying this, just when he thought he had managed to get back to his normal self, Taemin noticed that one of his eyes had started to change to blue again, and his fangs were threatening to grow back. 

Taemin ran. He sprinted like never before. His legs only stopped when he reached his home. When he got to his room, he closed the door behind him and let his body sink to the floor. Countless questions assaulted his brain, demanding answers, but there was nothing he could do. His heart refused to go back to normal pulse. Images of what had just occurred clouded his mind.

The pestering questions led him to open his laptop. He searched article after article for any medical condition that can explain what he had witnessed. He spent hours on it, but reached no result. There was no explanation to what happened to Kai.

After hours of research, his eyes finally began to feel heavy. His mind was exhausted from trying to make sense of it all. His eyelids gave up just as the early shades of sunlight crept inside his bedroom, and he fell asleep on his desk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: OOOHHHHHH SHOOOOTTT! A lot of crazy things happened in this chapter! I was exhausted just from writing these intense events >.< Hmm, things will start to change now...let's see how it goes.

Thank you so much for all your birthday wishes! I had a great time :)

And as always, thank you for leaving positive comments and for sharing your thoughts, I really appreciate it and they let me know that I'm doing a good job because I have no self-esteem and need constant reassurance, ugh -.-"

I hope you enjoyed it and I hope your day is filled with smiles (^-^)