Chapter 25

Forbidden

It was around 10 pm when Taemin and Minji stood in front of Kai's house. They knocked impatiently at his door. A few seconds later, Kai opened the door and his eyes went wide in shock.

Having to see just one of them is hard to deal with, but seeing them both together is a nightmare. His eyes kept shifting from Taemin to Minji.

"I-I uh, um...Hi?" he said awkwardly, not knowing what to say in a situation like this.

Taemin and Minji both exchanged a look before turning back to Kai. "We need to talk," they both said in unison, and Minji pushed her way inside. Kai nervously closed the door behind him.

The three went to Kai's bedroom Taemin sat awkwardly on the bed, silent because he didn't know what to say, while Minji paced back and forth around the room and Kai remained standing on his spot, too overwhelmed to move. After Minji seemed to have collected her thoughts, she finally spoke.

"There are SO many things I would like to discuss to you about," she said angrily, throwing a look towards Taemin, who shifted uncomfortably under the glare, "but right now, there's a bigger problem."

She motioned for Kai to sit on the chair near his desk and she herself sat down on the bed next to Taemin, keeping as much distance from him as possible. It's only natural, since she suspects him of being intimately involved with Kai.

She took a deep breath before continuing. "I'm not who you think I am," she began. 

Taemin and Kai exchanged confused looks. "W-What?" Kai asked.

"I think someone's messing with me..."

"What do you mean?" Kai proceeded to ask.

"I mean that I think someone tempered with my memory!" 

The two boys remained silent, surprised at her statement.

"I mean...I keep having all these flashbacks. I just had one a few minutes ago too! And weird things are happening to you and I both, and I saw the old lady again, and–"

"Wait wait wait, slow down! Did you say you had another flashback?" Kai asked, and Minji nodded. "What did you see?"

"I got this flashback when our hands touched," she said, looking at Taemin. "In the flashback, I went to a different school before I transferred. My school uniform was different; it was yellow, not navy blue like ours. And there was this guy...I think I had a crush on him. But anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I had a whole different life before...before that night, when the old lady gave me that rose. All these memories are coming back to me somehow."

Taemin was astonished and confused at the whole situation, but he judged it better not to ask questions and let the other two just think. Kai stayed silent, trying to understand. After thinking for a bit, he continued. "You said you saw the old lady again tonight. What was she doing?"

"Well, my head started hurting all of a sudden, like a huge throbbing pain, similar to the one we had a few days ago. Then, I saw her, across the street. It looked like she was just...watching us. I know she has something to do with this whole situation so," she pointed Taemin with her head, "he and I went after her. We ran a few streets down the block but she just...vanished. We couldn't find her anywhere." 

"She just vanished..." Kai repeated lowly, completely immersed in his thoughts. She's an old lady, she can't possibly outrun two teenagers...But then again, how can someone just vanish. Unless...

Then, it something clicked in his mind. 

"I got it!" he exclaimed, shooting off his bed and pacing back and forth in front of Taemin and Minji, trying to collect his thoughts before voicing them.

Soon, Minji followed and grabbed Kai's shoulders. "What is it?!"

"I...I think I know who's behind all of this."

Now Taemin was curious to know too. "Who is it?"

"I could be wrong though, but from everything that's happened so far, it's not impossible. It's the only explanation."

Now Taemin was curious to know too. "Who is it?"

I've only ever met her once in my life. You see," he began to explain to the blonde, "every vampire tribe has a witch that is involved with them. When a vampire is born, his or her parents take them to the witch. The witch foresees the future for the vampire to see whether or not this newborn is at risk of betraying our kind and getting us discovered, or whether the newborn is harmless, kind of like a prophecy."

Taemin was amazed. The vampire culture was truly fascinating.

"So this witch...what did she say about your prophecy?" Taemin asked.

"I don't know...I never asked my parents."

Minji finally spoke again. "But what does that have to do with anything?"

Kai took a deep breath before he continued. "I think maybe the old woman that you saw is the witch form my tribe."

"But...But what does she wants from us?" Minji asked, still very confused. 

"I have no idea! But maybe...maybe it has to do with my prophecy, maybe–"

And then Kai froze. 

All the pieces that were floating in his mind began to connect as Kai recalled the strange occurrences since his coming-of-age day. 

As much as he wished his suspicions were false, the evidence was too strong to deny.

A million emotions ran through his body. 

Sadness.

Disappointment.

Relief.

But one stood out more than the others.

Anger.

Minji and Taemin were taken aback when Kai slightly pushed them aside and aggressively opened his bedroom door. They followed him cautiously to the end of the hallway. There, he stood in front of his parents door and began banging on it.

Taemin and Minji exchanged yet another confused look. What the hell is going on?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome back!

Soooo this update took longer than intended because I spontaneously came to the decision that I was gonna restart playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and I got caught up in that for a few days now. And I've also been having a Harry Potter 'marathon' for the millionth time since a few days now as well haha, I can never get tired them. College is gonna start in a few days for me so I kinda wanted to spoil myself a little before then hehehe sorryyyyy.

This chapter is a lot shorter than the last few, and it's mostly dialog, but that's only because it's a sort of 'intro' to what's about to come next hehehe so look forward to that! I think the next chapter (or maybe the one after that) will be the last, but I'm not sure yet because I'm just making this story as I go.

So, what do you guys think is going on here? What do all these strange events mean? Why do you think they're happening to the trio? What did the witch do exactly? Let me know what you guys think, I'd love to read your thoughts!

Anyway, I'll be back soon!

Byyyyeeee~