Chapter 4

Forbidden

After first period was over, Kai and Taemin had to unfortunately part ways; they didn't share second period class. However, they did have third period class together; math. The two new friends decided to eat lunch together at the cafeteria before their third period class.

Kai went to his locker to get his things for the next period: P.E. He was being followed by someone. When he got to his locker, he turned his head to the right and saw Jonghyun opening his locker that was right next to Taemin's.

"My my, looks like you two really are soul mates," Jonghyun commented.

"What?"

"Your locker is next to Taemin's, you share a class with him, the teacher assigned you two as partners...what's next, marriage?" he teased.

Kai decided it would be best not to answer. What am I even supposed to answer to that?

Jonghyun suddenly presented his hand to Kai. "I'm Jonghyun."

Kai shook his hand. "I'm Jongin, but people call me Kai."

Jonghyun chuckled. "Kai? Sounds like 'rock paper scissors'." He began to laugh.

Just then, the bell rang. Kai shut his locker and left, not bothering to look or talk to Jonghyun anymore. 

As he left, he heard a mumble from Jonghyun. "Rude." Kai simply ignored it and continued making his way to class.

He changed into his gym clothes and headed outside with the rest of the class. They were heading towards the soccer field. About ten minutes later, Jonghyun could be seen running towards the students in his gym clothes. The teacher sighed when he saw Jonghyun being late. 

I guess this guy's really popular with the teachers. 

Just then, he heard whispers from a group of girls behind him. "He is sooooo hot. I love bad boys," they said, followed by giggles. 

And I guess he's popular with girls too.

When Jonghyun saw Kai, he sat next to him. 

"Ohhhh, well look who we have here, Mr. RockPaperScissors."

The teacher shushed Jonghyun and began talking to the class.

"For our first class today, you have to play a match of soccer. I'll test your abilities, so give it all you've got! I've made two teams already, so when I call your name, raise your hand so your classmates can know who's on their team."

Kai and Jonghyun were placed on opposite teams.

Jonghyun analyzed Kai's body. He's too skinny. There's no way he could beat me at soccer. This is a piece of cake.

The teacher placed the ball in the middle of the field and blew his whistle, announcing that the match had begun.

One student had the ball, and passed it to a second student. The second student, seeing that Kai was free, passed it to him. Kai ran across the field towards the net. Jonghyun approached him in an attempt to kick the ball away from him, but Kai moved so swiftly and quickly that Jonghyun missed and ended up falling. He looked behind him at Kai, and Kai kicked the ball into the net. Damn it.

Kai's team mates ran towards him and high-fived him. Then, the teacher whistled and placed the ball in the middle again, readying for the second round.

During the second round, Kai once again had the ball and ran towards the net, never allowing the opponents to take the ball from him. He scored another goal.

One of the opponents went to Jonghyun. "Yah, are you sure you're the champion of soccer in this school? It doesn't look like it," he said to him.

"Shut up," Jonghyun shot back to his team mate.

Every new round, Kai was able to get passed the opponents and score a goal. Each time he scored, Jonghyun became more and more angry. Who is this guy...

After a while, P.E class was over, Kai headed to the bathroom to wash his sweaty face. Then, he went to the changing room, where Jonghyun kept glaring at him.

"Yah, Jonghyun, I think this guy's better than you," said a student, pointing at Kai.

"Shut up! You know I haven't played soccer in a while!" Jonghyun said angrily.

"Yeah, sure, whatever," said the student, chuckling.

Soon, everyone had left the changing rooms, with the exception of Kai and Jonghyun. Jonghyun approached him.

"Don't think you're all that just because of a soccer game, get it? You're just a new student, a nobody in this school. Let's keep it that way," he said. He shot Kai a threatening look before leaving.

Maybe coming to this school wasn't such a great idea.

He checked his watch. Crap, I'm late! Taemin must be waiting for me. He quickly gathered his things and left towards the cafeteria where Kai and Taemin had decided to each lunch. Taemin was waiting at the entrance, next to a familiar looking guy. As Kai approached, he noticed that it was Jonghyun, who was whispering in Taemin's ear. Taemin seemed bothered again, and slightly pushed him away. By then, Kai had arrived. When Jonghyun saw him, he whispered one last thing to Taemin before leaving.

"Ugh, whatever Jonghyun, just leave me alone," he told him. "Oh hey, Kai!" he said cheerily.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late, I had P.E. I hope you didn't wait long.

"Ani, it's fine."

He led Kai inside the cafeteria. When they had gotten their food, they went to find a seat. They found an empty table that happened to be across from where Jonghyun was sitting, surrounded by girls.

"So Kai, are you doing anything tonight?" Taemin asked.

"Ani."

"I was wondering if you wanted to come over at my place so we can start planning for the science fare project."

"Sure, what time?"

"Can you come right after school? My house is close by."

"Yeah, that's fine."

Jonghyun, who was eavesdropping their conversation, couldn't stay quiet any longer.

"Yah Taemin, don't you think it's too early to be inviting him over at your house? You've only met him today!"

"Not everyone is dangerous like you Jonghyun. Besides, it's for our project."

Not knowing what to argue back, he sighed and got up to leave.

"I'm sorry about that," began Taemin, "Jonghyun can be a little...moody, sometimes. Just don't take it to heart ok?"

"Ok, I'm fine," Kai reassured.

"Great! What do you have next period?"

"Math."

"Oh cool, me too! Are you any good in it?"

"Yeah, I guess I am."

"Lucky! I can never understand math," Taemin said, pouting. 

He is SO adorable. 

"Don't worry, I'll help you," reassured Kai, to which Taemin smiled sweetly.

After finishing their lunch, they headed to their last class of the day. The teacher assigned them a few numbers from their textbook, which Taemin and Kai did together. Thankfully, Jonghyun didn't share that class with them.

Finally, things seem peaceful now. It was like a breath of fresh air for Kai on his first day.

The bell rang, announcing the end of their first day of school. Kai followed Taemin to his house. 

"Wow, your house is really nice," Kai complimented. 

"Thanks," Taemin answered, opening the door. 

"Your parents aren't home?"

"Ani, they come later at around 8pm."

Taemin was leading them to the kitchen when Kai noticed the massive pool in the backyard.

"Wahhhh, you have such a huge pool!" Kai noticed, as he kept staring at it.

Taemin joined his side. "You want to go for a swim?" he asked suddenly.

"Really? I'd love to! Wait, but I don't have any swimming shorts," he said, looking at his school uniform.

"No problem, I'll lend you mine!" Taemin said, as he gestured Kai to follow him. He led him to his bedroom; it was painted royal blue and filled with paintings, sculptures, drawings and other art pieces. Kai was in awe.

"Did you make all of these?"

"Yeah."

"Wow...you're amazing, they're beautiful!" Kai stated.

"You really think so? Thanks," Taemin said, blushing. After looking through his drawers, he finally found the swimming shorts. "Here you go," he said, handing them to Kai.

"Oh right, I forgot." They both chuckled.

After changing, Taemin and Kai headed in the backyard and jumped in the pool. 

They spent the rest of the evening talking about anything and everything. They got along so well, even if they had just met. At some point, Taemin got out of the pool began drying his hair with a towel.

Kai stared at his wet and shirtless body. His skin is so milky and smooth looking. He's so lean and fit. Gosh he's beautiful. Suddenly, he shook his head and cleared his throat. No, stop it Kai! Don't take it any further. You still need answers to your questions. 

"I think I should head home now," Kai stated.

"So soon? Stay for dinner," Taemin insisted.

"No, I, uh, I've got to help my dad with something at home," he lied. Truthfully, he was getting hungry for blood. "Thanks for today, I had fun."

"Alright, I'm glad you did. Come over any time you want, ok?"

"Are you sure it's alright? I mean–"

"Yeah, you're more than welcome. I'm glad we get along well," Taemin said.

"Me too," Kai smiled. 

After changing, Kai said his goodbye to Taemin and left, heading home. On his way, he kept thinking about him. Taemin is so sweet. I haven't met a guy like him before. I hope we keep getting along.