Chapter 16

Forbidden

Before you read this chapter, be sure to go back to the previous one and re-read the last section of the chapter (the section where Kai's parents visit the witch) because I changed it up a little bit: the witch won't be visiting Kai's house in a week's time anymore, the timeskip will be of a month instead! I think it's pretty clear, but if you have any questions about the minor change, don't hesitate to ask!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIME SKIP: ONE MONTH LATER

It's been a month since Kai started feeding from Taemin. With every feeding, the vampire felt as healthy as ever, his body full of energy everyday. However, it wasn't the same with Taemin; with every feeding, Taemin's body grew weaker and weaker, the life being drained out of him every time. He never showed it though. He always acted strong in front of Kai, never letting him know the condition his body was truly in. But it didn't bother Taemin. 

He loved when Kai fed on him. He loved the way Kai's eyes wanted him, craved him, hungered for him. Taemin was hooked on the way the vampire's eyes desired his body when the temptation became impossible to fight. In that moment, it was like nothing mattered to Kai anymore other than the blonde haired boy who managed to lure him every time. He knew that it was mostly for his blood lust, but Taemin still enjoyed it. It pleased him that he was able to make the vampire forget about the world and focus only on him. He relished how the vampire craved him so much he didn't bother being gentle anymore, pinning Taemin on the wall and the bed, making it impossible for the blonde to escape, not that he wanted to anyway. He liked Kai's strong hands holding him down, pulling his hair, his fangs piercing deeper and deeper into his skin as he tried desperately to quench his thirst for the latter's blood. ? Hell yeah.

The truth is, Taemin had fallen for Kai. Hard. 

Ever since the first day they had met, Taemin felt a kind of chemistry between them, the kind that he has never felt with anyone before. There was something different about Kai that Taemin couldn't understand. He just felt inexplicably drawn to him. Are we really soul mates? Before he knew it, Kai had settled into his mind, occupying it day and night, refusing to leave. He was never a very touchy person, but that changed when he and Kai became closer. His body demanded skinship, every innocent touch sending shocks throughout his body. He often caught himself playing with Kai's fingers, or petting his hair, or holding his arm and touching his legs whenever they were around each other. They spent hours with each other, never once getting bored. Even when they weren't speaking, they basked in comfortable silence. It was never awkward between them.

Kai felt the same way, though he always suppressed it. Falling in love and mating with a human was forbidden. He's already committed on taboo repeatedly, but he's trying to suppress his feelings for Taemin. He won't allow himself to fall for him. Not until he finally gets clear answers to this incredibly frustrating and confusing situation. 

It's undeniable that Taemin carries a scent. THE scent. The soul mate scent.  That much is clear to Kai, but it doesn't make any sense. He could ask his parents, but that would just make matters worse because they are already very worried about him. He feels terrible for lying to them, but he vowed to himself to come clean once he's figured everything out. 

In the meantime, he decided to experiment, just like Taemin had suggested. They both thought that somehow if Kai gets a taste Taemin's blood, some questions would be answered. But they were wrong. All it did, instead, was leave them in a lustful state, their minds screaming to take things further. But it never happened, because Kai always pulled away. He knew that if he allowed himself the pleasure of giving in to his desires, he would fall in love with the blonde boy, and that's something he was avoiding at all costs. He tried distancing himself from Taemin, but he was too attached. They were like powerful magnets, never able to separate from each other. 

Consequently, Kai became addicted. Whenever Taemin offered himself to Kai for feeding, the vampire would give in. Taemin's blood was intoxicating, engulfing his mind with pleasure, happiness and everything positive. It made him forget about the world and his worries as it trickled its way down his throat. It allowed him to be completely peaceful during those precious moments. Taemin was his , his heroin, his drug.  

Not only was Taemin's blood addicting, but so were his touches. When his mind was in a daze, Taemin always laced his hands all over Kai's body. His warm fingers traced along his skin, hitching his breath as Kai struggled to focus on feeding. His quiet moans of pain and pleasure were like melodies to Kai's ears. Taemin always attempted to make Kai give in completely, to make him throw his conscience to the wind, but Kai stayed stubborn. The vampire undeniably craved more, but he stopped himself and Taemin every time things got too heated. 

He recalled a Friday night, when he and Taemin were in his room, passionately working on their project. After a while, Taemin's eyes and touches were successful in luring Kai into another feeding session, his conscience being muted by the thought of the upcoming pleasure. Kai gave in and let himself mold onto Taemin, their bodies sinking in the bed. As usual. Kai hovered on top of Taemin's demanding body, his hands on the blonde's neck and hair as he took long lusting swigs at the boy's intoxicating blood. Every time he fed, Kai became more and more aggressive, due to the frustration of trying to suppress his longing feelings for Taemin. His fangs dug deeper and deeper into the boy's bruised and fragile skin, leaving the latter into a groaning mess, his hands making fists around Kai's shirt and pulling the vampire's hair. Kai had told him to stop him whenever the pain became hard to handle, but Taemin refused; this is the closest he'll get to satisfy his lust for the vampire, and he wasn't going to reject the opportunity. He doesn't mind if his neck is sore, or if he struggles to hide the bruised areas, or if it makes his body extremely weak, as long as he can feel Kai's warmth and skin against his own. 

On that Friday night, Taemin had tried to take things further again. As Kai on his blood, Taemin's warm yearning hands slithered under the latter's shirt. He could feel the goose bumps peeking on the vampire's skin. As Kai's fangs sunk deeper into his flesh and sent shocks of pain through Taemin's body, the blonde boy dragged his nails along the vampire's back, earning a groan from the latter. Kai separated his lips from Taemin's neck, trying to catch his breath. Taemin somehow managed to pull Kai's shirt off of him. He looked into the vampire's now blue eyes; dazed and confused. Taemin's hands laced along the vampire's torso and placed soft kisses on his bare shoulders and collarbones. 

All of a sudden, in a swift movement, Kai grabbed Taemin's wrists and pinned them on the bed above his head. His grip on them got tighter as he stared at the blonde boy under him. Taemin's eyes grew wide in surprise. He could detect a mix of frustration and lust from the vampire's eyes, but his mind only focused on the anger that they displayed. He was hurt once again. He had pissed Kai off just now and he knew it. 

"Please...don't," the vampire managed to whisper, sending needles through Taemin's heart.

Taemin remained still for the rest of the feeding. His eyes were closed shut and tears were rolling down his temple and ears. He didn't even feel the pain anymore. He felt numb instead. His body no longer felt warm; cold had settled in that even Kai's warmth was unable to beat.  

He hated himself in that moment. He hated that he was so greedy, always wanting more of the vampire. But he couldn't help it. 

He's fallen in love with Kai.

That night, after Kai had left, Taemin vowed to himself that he won't touch the vampire again.

It's been weeks since that happened. For the first time in their friendship, things began to feel awkward between the two as they both started to drift apart, little by little. 

They still spent a lot of time together in school and after school working on the project, but not beyond that anymore. They barely spoke now, only about important school related things. Taemin told himself it was for the best, at least until Kai gets some answers. It was hard to see their relationship getting cracked, but they both stayed strong.

The two even decided that it would be better if Kai didn't feed on Taemin as much anymore. It was easier to get over each other that way. 

Because of that, Kai's body weakened; since Kai was drinking from Taemin, his body had become addicted to his blood. It was like alcohol; once he stopped, the withdrawal symptoms began to appear. Kai felt incredibly low on energy and depressed, and he had frequent mood swings. On the other hand, ever since Kai stopped feeding, Taemin regained his health. He felt horrible seeing his beloved vampire in that state, but he reminded himself that it's for the better.

*

Meanwhile, during the past month, the witch was busy preparing a brew in her home. She huddled over her boiling cauldron, eyes rolled back, body movements strange and abnormal. allowed passage to unusual sounds as she chanted, which filled her dark house with eerie noises. The witch added a few drops of blood to the brew, followed my a single strand of blonde hair and a mysterious liquid. As Sycorax's chants got louder, the mixture boiled more and more aggressively, thick smoke fogging the room. Suddenly, the sound of a small explosion erupted from the cauldron, echoeing off the walls of the witch's worn down home.

She unhaled the scent of the mixture. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and an evil smile crept up her thin, wrinkled lips. The flames on the candles, the only light provided in the room, suddenly went out, darkness crawling on every inch of the chamber.

She slowly lifted her arms. A hoarse whisper broke the silence as the witch spoke to herself. 

"It's ready."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So I decided to make a little summary of Kai's feedings on Taemin because if I described all of them in detail, it would just get repetitive and boring. I hope you don't mind! (^-^)