Chapter 15

Forbidden

The next morning, Kai woke up feeling energy course through his veins like never before. His senses were sharper than ever; his eyesight was as clear as water, his hearing copied that of a bat's, and he felt like he could run as fast as a cheetah. This is amazing. I've never felt this alive before. Where is this feeling coming... That's when the memory hit him. Taemin...I drank his blood... He looked at his hands and clenched and unclenched them. He felt stronger. This is different from how I feel when I drink animals' blood. Maybe it's because Taemin's has that scent on him...Can he really be my soul mate? His mood was affected too; he felt particularly happy and ready to take on whatever the day had to offer him. He hopped out of bed and got dressed, after which he headed downstairs to the kitchen where his parents were making breakfast. 

"Kai? Is that you? What a surprise! You woke up so early," his father exclaimed.

"I was just about to head upstairs to wake you up, but you're all dressed already," his mother said, surprised.

"Yeah, I slept really well last night. I feel great!" Kai answered, a wide smile spreading across his face. "Eomma, Appa, I got a question: what does it feel like to drink from your soul mate?"

Kai's parents exchanged a nervous look. "It feels different. A good kind of difference," said his father finally.

"Does it feel like your senses are stronger? And do you feel energetic?" Kai asked.

"Y-Yeah son...that's exactly what it feels like. But...how do you know? Have you found your soul mate?" asked his mother.

"Oh, um," damn it, I seem suspicious now... "no, I was just wondering...that's what I imagined it would feel if you drink from your soul mate. But I haven't found mine yet," he lied again.

His parents were suspicious. They looked at each other nervously again.

"Alright then, I'll be heading out now," Kai said in between bites of his breakfast. 

"But it's so early. You still have 2 hours before school starts," his remarked.

"Yeah, but I need to go somewhere before class starts. I'll pack some of this for a friend," Kai said, grabbing a container from a cupboard and filling it with some of the breakfast that his mother prepared. He then placed the container in his bag and put his shoes on. "Bye!" he said to his parents before closing the door behind him.

His feet led him down a familiar road, near a familiar convenience store, and an even more familiar house. He knocked on the door. A few minutes later, a sleepy blonde haired boy beauty revealed himself at the door, eyes going wide from surprise after seeing Kai. 

"Good morning!" Kai greeted cheerily.

"O-Oh, Kai! What a surprise!" Taemin replied, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Did I ever tell you how adorable you look when you're sleepy?" Kai said suddenly, earning a blush from Taemin. I don't know why I just admitted that, but oh well.

"T-Thank you," Taemin said, flustered. He then moved aside, letting Kai in.

Kai went straight to the kitchen, setting the breakfast he had packed on the table. "Go get dressed. I brought breakfast so we can eat together before going to school."

Taemin was still confused as to what was happening. Is it just me or is he particularly energetic today... "Alright," Taemin said with a smile, "I'll be back in a few minutes." He rushed up stairs and quickly washed up and got dressed.

Meanwhile, Kai took out some plates and began filling them with the breakfast he had packed. He decided to cut some fruits and add them to the already big breakfast. He set the table and waited for Taemin to come down.  

Several minutes later, Taemin descended the stairs wearing his school uniform, looking fresh and clean. 

"Wow," he said at the sight of the large breakfast and how Kai had prepared everything. 

"Let's dig in before it gets cold," Kai said with a smile.

They both pulled chairs and began eating. Taemin's parents were gone to work, so the house was quiet and peaceful. Just two friends enjoying each other's company on the tranquil morning. Taemin continuously stared at Kai. The rays of early morning sunlight began to settle in the kitchen and rested on Kai; his beautiful caramel skin glowed and his dark eyes shimmered in the light. The sight made the air get trapped in Taemin's lungs. 

Before he had a chance to realize what he was doing, Taemin got off from his chair and inched closer to Kai. His lips softly landed on the vampire's cheek. 

"Wh-What was that for?" Kai asked, feeling flustered at the sudden move.

"No reason..."

After a few silent bites of their food and several glances at each other, Taemin spoke again.

"What are you doing up so early anyway?"

"I rested so well last night, I hadn't slept that well in a while," Kai explained.

"Ooooh, no wonder you're so full of energy!"

"You noticed too?" Kai chuckled. "I think it's because of your blood. I've never felt like this before. My senses are sharper, I feel like I could run a marathon for days on end, it's amazing!" Kai said enthusiastically. 

"Wow! I'm flattered," Taemin said, holding his hand to his chest dramatically, pretending he's in a movie. They both laughed.

"What about you? How did you feel after I fed from you?" Kai asked.

"Me? I-I feel good..!" Taemin lied. Actually, the feeding had a toll on his body; he felt weak. But after hearing the great affect it had on Kai's system, he decided to lie; he knew that if he told the truth, Kai would stop feeding on him for Taemin's sake, but Taemin didn't want that. He wants Kai to always be happy and full of energy the way he is now, so he's willing to let his body suffer. He'd do anything to keep that bright smile on the vampire's face.

After finishing breakfast, they both headed out of the house and towards the school. Kai's energy didn't die down in school; instead, he and Taemin's classes ended earlier because Kai kept the pace by participating a lot during the lectures, so the content was covered quickly and the students were out of the classes before their finishing time. 

Since they finished their last class early, the two friends decided to take advantage of the opportunity and go to Taemin's house to work on their science fare project, which was coming along very well. They needed as much time as they could get to finish the project because the science fare was approaching.

When they entered the house, the both headed straight to Taemin's room. They spent a few hours working on the project, took a break to fill their empty stomachs, and went back to working. 

It was around 7 PM and they were done working on the project for the day. Taemin was laying on the bed, his arms under his head as he watched Kai gather his things, ready to leave, sadness washing over him. He didn't want the vampire to leave. His mind searched for excuses to make Kai stay.

"Hey Kai," he began.

"Hmm?" said the vampire, still putting his things away in his backpack.

"Do you...want to feed?" Taemin asked nervously. 

Kai immediately looked at the blonde haired boy, and his eyes shifted to his neck. He could almost hear Taemin's pulse through his milky skin as he remembered the feeling of the blonde boy's warm blood on his tongue and passing through his throat, how nice it was when he placed his mouth on Taemin's neck, how warm he felt as their skins touched when he was laying on top of him...No, No! Stop it Kai, you can't feel that way about him! You can't fall in love with a human! But Kai couldn't deny that it was so tempting.

He stood frozen, having an inner battle with himself about whether he should or shouldn't act upon Taemin's proposition. The offer was incredibly tempting, but from his experience on the previous day, how Taemin's touch made his mind go places, he was afraid that he'd fall for the boy. He's already commited a taboo, he doesn't want to make it worse. 

But it was SO TEMPTING.

Just before he could protest, Taemin straightened up, inching closer to Kai. He wrapped his hand softly around the back of Kai's neck and pulled him closer to his body. When he was close enough, Taemin tilted his head, giving the vampire better access to his neck. He pulled Kai closer until he could feel the tip of his nose on his neck. Kai hesitated a moment, but eventually gave in and brought his mouth closer, his lips ghosting Taemin's neck. Taemin once again felt goosebumps creeping all over his body at the feeling of Kai's breath on his skin. He felt Kai's breathing getting heavier before he finally pierced his skin with his fangs. Taemin let his eyes close. Somehow the pain he felt last time was now replaced by pleasure. He pulled Kai even closer until their chests were glued together. Kai subconsciously hooked his arms around Taemin's small waist and pulled him into a breath-stopping hug. He felt high; the taste of Taemin's blood was intoxicating. 

Kai climbed into the bed, his mouth never breaking contact with Taemin's neck as he continued to his blood. He and Taemin crawled on the bed until they were at the center of it, Kai now hovering in top of Taemin. Their legs were tangled together in a desperate attempt to close whatever distance was seperating them. Their bodies craved each other's warmth and touch. 

Taemin traced his hands along Kai's thighs and pulled them closer to his body, causing a light flinch from the vampire. Kai bit harder into his flesh, earning a pain and pleasure combined moan from Taemin. The blonde haired boy clenched the vampire's shirt with one hand while the other gripped his hair. 

After several more gulps, Kai seperated his lips from his prey's neck. He the beads of blood that had formed, cleaning the bruised area with his tongue and mouth. The feeling left Taemin begging for more. Kai, I want you. 

A heavy breathing Kai faced a breathless Taemin, their faces so close to one another's they were practically breathing in each other's mouths. Taemin took this chance to test the waters, planting a soft kiss on Kai's chin, to which the vampire twitched. Taemin decided to experiment again, this time brushing his lips very lightly against the vampire's blood stained ones. Kai's lips trembled, his breathing becoming ragged. 

Kai was screaming internally. His body was yearning for more but his conscious was yelling to stop. This is what he was afraid would happen. He was afraid they'd go too far. An intimate moment with Taemin would be dangerous. Just as Taemin was about to kiss him, Kai pulled away immediately. You have to stop, Kai.

"What's wrong?" Taemin asked.

"That's enough." 

Taemin felt like his heart was being ripped. Those words from Kai hurt him a lot. He...he doesn't want me...

Kai stayed still a moment, sitting on the edge of the bed, waiting for his breathing to steady. "I'm going to go now..." he said finally.

Taemin didn't protest. This is the second time he's rejected me... His chest hurt too much and he was drained from energy once again. His eyes began to feel heavier and before he knew it, he'd fallen asleep. Kai placed a blanket over Taemin, washed up, and exited the house, heading towards his own home.

He went straight to bed, feeling out of energy as well. 

As usual, his mother entered the bedroom at midnight with a glass of blood. This time, her husband accompanied her. Once again, Kai didn't move an inch. He remained asleep, despite his usual transformation time. Something was definitely not right.

"Again. It's the same thing as last night. He definitely needs to transform at this time, but why doesn't he..." his mother whispered.

"I've never seen this before. It's like he's an adult vampire, not needing blood, but that's impossible at his age...he doesn't even have a soul mate...Unless," said his father, his eyes becoming wide suddenly at the thought of the possibility. "Unless he's getting his dose of blood elsewhere...Only powerful blood can make vampire who's come of age not thirsty for blood at midnight...blood that surpasses animals'."

"You mean..." began his mother, but stopped when she saw her husband nodding. Her heart dropped. "We have to do something before it's too late."

"Let's go see the witch. She'll help us."

Some time later, Kai's parents arrived at the witch's house. 

"Ahhhh, I knew I would be seeing you soon," said Sycorax, whose wrinkles seemed to have doubled since the last time they visited. "I'm assuming it's about your son, Kai, isn't it?"

Kai's parents nodded. 

"Well then, the prophecy has begun..." The witch knew exactly what was going on.

The couple shared a nervous look. "What should we do?" asked Kai's father finally.

"Is the boy a human?" 

"W-We don't know," sobbed Kai's mother.

There was a pause in which Sycorax looked through her crystal ball and hummed a few chants in a language unknown to the couple. 

"Bring me back a hair from the boy's head," said the witch. 

"B-But how...we never see him," asked the father. Just then, his wife noticed a blonde hair on the hoodie her husband had borrowed from his son.

"Here! I found one! I'm sure this is Taemin's, Kai is always around him!" said the mother triumphantly. But just before she gave it to the witch, she had a concern in mind. "Please don't do anything to harm the boy...I just want Kai to be like the rest of us, please don't harm Taemin in the process," the mother begged. Though she'd never met Taemin, she was nonetheless concerned because she knew he was innocent in all of this and wouldn't want him to get hurt.

"Don't worry," said the witch in a stern voice. The mother handed her the hair carefully.

The witch proceeded in dropping it into a small boiling cauldron at the corner of the room, a toxic odor escaping from it. The pot sizzled at the hair touched the liquid inside. In a moment, the cauldron emitted a green light. The witch turned around to face the couple.

"The boy is indeed a human," she informed, her voice raspy from God knows how many years because she looked too old to have a heart inside her that still beat.

Kai's parents echanged a horrified look, the mother's eyes filling with tears again.

After a pause in which she was deep in thought, the witch finally spoke again. "I will fix it. In a month's time, when the moon is shining bright, this mess will be over," she shared.

"What are you going to do?" asked the father.

"Nothing worth fearing."

The couple nodded and gave Sycorax a hopeful smile before leaving her house and going to their own.

"Everything will be alright now," Kai's father said to his wife comfortingly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hiya! Sorry for the late update; I've been busy lately but my schedule is pretty much empty for the next few days so I'll update as much as I can! Personally, I'm not exactly satisfied with the taekai moment at the end so I might change it another time. But if it pleases you, then please let me know!

Also, OMG HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN BTS' 'DOPE' MV??? IT'S AMAZING I LOVE THEM SO MUCH IT'S SUFFOCATING. 

K I'm gonna leave before I fangirl too much, bye (^-^)