Chapter 2

Forbidden

When Kai woke up from his nap a few hours later, he went downstairs to discuss his plans with his parents.

"Eomma, Appa, I want to transfer school."

"Why, is there anything wrong in your current school?" asked his mother.

"Ani, I just, um...I just want a change, that's all," he lied. I have to be in the same school as the blonde haired guy, or else I'll never get the answers to my questions.

His parents shared a confused look. "Well, um, alright Kai. Do you have the transfer papers?"

"No, it can be done online." 

"Alright then, go ahead. Let me know when you're done."

"Ok, thanks!"

Kai returned to his bedroom, opened his laptop, and began filling his application. Once he was done, he began preparing his backpack and set his alarm earlier for the next day so that he could go shopping for his uniform. After finishing all that, he was left with his thoughts. He suddenly felt anxious. I wonder what that guy will be like. I wonder what he likes. Is he the sporty kind or does he prefer to stay home and watch anime? What kind of foods does he like? Is he a good student? I wonder what his personality is like. Why am I thinking of all this when I'm not even sure about this whole soul mate situation..? He remembered how the boy was sitting on the bench, lost in his own world yet focused on filling in his application. He's quite handsome, I have to say. Then he thought about the boy being his soul mate. I wonder what it's like to have a soul mate. Wait, if he's my soul mate, then...We're going to...do things that soul mates do...right? He felt his cheeks heat up and shook his head. It's too early to think about this. Besides, he's a guy, how could he be my soul mate? 

He checked the time. 11:57 pm. It was almost time. Time for him to transform. His sat on his bed to ready himself. 11:58 pm. His body began to feel weaker, like it was being drained of energy. His hands and fingers began fidgeting. The veins under his skin became apparent. His skin became pale and cold. His vision became blurry. 11:59 pm. His mother entered the room, holding a glass of warm blood, and sat next to him on his bed. 12.00 am. His fangs grew out, his eyes became a bright blue color and there was only one thing on his mind; BLOOD. His mother quickly handed him the glass of blood, which he began to drink slowly. 

"More!" he screamed.

"Stay here, don't move," his mother ordered, as she left the room and headed to the basement, grabbing some blood-bathed meat. She quickly went up the stairs and handed it to him. By that time, his father had joined Kai and was his back comfortingly, trying to calm his blood-thirsty son.

Kai ate the meat in just a few bites, before he finally calmed down.

"Are you alright now?" his mother asked.

"Yeah, thanks. And I'm sorry for screaming."

"You don't need to apologize. We've all been through this, we know how you feel," she reassured, petting his hair.

"Alright, go to bed now. You have to wake up early tomorrow. It's your first day in a new school," reminded his father smilingly.

"Yeah, I'll just go brush my teeth."

After cleaning himself up, he went to sleep.

* * *

The next day, he woke up before the alarm because he was anxious. Ugh, I wish I wasn't this nervous. This was an entirely new experience for him. He didn't know what to expect, what kind of person that blonde haired guy will be, if he's a vampire, if they'll get along. All these worries kept piling up. Just then, his mother entered the room.

"How are you feeling?"

"Nervous," he replied honestly.

"Nervous? Really? You've never been nervous for school before," his mother said, surprised.

"Yeah, it must be because of the new school."

"Oh, right. Well, get washed up and come downstairs. I'll get breakfast ready."

He went to the bathroom and stood under the hot water in the shower. He attempted to calm his nerves. It's ok, Kai. It's just a potential soul mate, that's all. It's probably just a mistake anyway, I mean, it's a guy...But either way, he seems pretty cool. I hope we can be friends.

He got out a few minutes later, ate breakfast, and left the house to go to the uniform shop. After picking it up, he headed to his new school.

When he got to school, he visited the principal to finalize his admission and get his schedule. He walked through the hallways, looking for his locker, but he was unable to find it. Why is it this hard to find a locker? He kept looking at the little paper the principle had given him, which had his locker number written on it with terrible handwriting. Is that a '6' or a '0'? Lost in his thoughts, he didn't watch where he was going and collided into somebody, causing that person's books and papers to fall.

"Chesonghab–​" Kai began, but lost his words when he saw who he'd collided into.