Chapter 24

Forbidden

Taemin woke up feeling tired yet light hearted, and a little disoriented. He looked around his bedroom; his clothes were scattered haphazardly across the floor, the bed sheets were an absolute mess, and the smell of was still evident in the air. A slight ache made itself known at a particular spot between his legs and then his mind cleared; he remembered that Jonghyun came over, talking about his life and asked Taemin about his life, and Taemin remembered crying at the mention of Kai's name. Something had overcome him in that moment, He recalls asking something of Jonghyun that he thought he'd never do; he had asked Jonghyun to have with him. And they did. And he should be feeling guilty about this because he still loves Kai, but he doesn't. It was great. Jonghyun was great. He handled him with such delicate hands, like he was made of glass. His hands merely ghosted across the blonde's pale skin, never daring to dig deep into the skin in fear of hurting the already fragile boy underneath him. He moved in and out of Taemin at an agonizingly slow pace, and Taemin had to beg the latter to go harder. It as only then that Jonghyun obliged, but not without hesitation. The last thing Jonghyun wanted was to cause the boy pain. But if the sinful sounds coming out of the blonde's swollen lips were anything to go by, Jonghyun knew he was doing a good job, knowing exactly what to do to drive the latter over the edge. As Taemin remembered the care with which Jonghyun treated him, he smiled fondly at himself. He didn't realize until now how much he had missed being with the troubled teenager, but that was all in the past. He sat up on his bed and noticed a letter on his bedside table. 

Sunshine,

 

I know I wasn't the boyfriend you deserved.

But thank you so much.

For showing me what love is and what it feels like.

If I could go back, I'd treat you like the prince you are.

But I know that could never happen.

I know it's the best decision for us.

But I want you to know that I love you,

and I always will.

Tears began to roll down his cheeks. Jonghyun really did love him.

I don't know what happened between you and Kai,

and I don't want to intrude in your relationship.

but Kai is a good guy.

I don't know him like you do, but from what I've seen,

he has a good heart. 

He may have hurt you one way or another,

but I'm sure it wasn't on purpose.

Trust me, Sunshine.

Be strong. Try to move on.

There's someone out there who'll give you all the love you deserve.

And that guy will be the luckiest guy in the world.

You can do it Sunshine. Be strong.

I love you.

 

Jonghyun

The tears finally rolled off his chin and dropped onto the letter. He cried again, but this time, it was different. Those were bittersweet tears. He finally felt light hearted after months of feeling like his chest was compressed. He could finally feel like he was able to breathe properly again. He'd made up his made.

He wasted too much time drowning in his self-pity, hopelessly hoping that Kai would somehow come back to him and love him, and Taemin is tired. He is tired of feeling sorry for himself, he is tired of all these negative and unpleasant emotions, and now he wants a change.

He'll no longer allow himself to feel sad over Kai. He'll move on and live happily from now on.

He gets up and heads to the bathroom. He turns on the shower water to steaming hot and lets the heat consume him. He comes out five minutes later feeling like a new person altogether, not even bother to dry the water off. He catches his reflection in the mirror and only now noticed just how skinny he's gotten. His ribs stock out form beneath the thin layer of skin that covered them. He looked sickly, having neglected his health tremendously over the last couple of months

With body still damp with water, he heads to the kitchen and opens the fridge. Container upon container of food and side dishes have been stacked, his mother having prepared them for him before their business trip. He took a few containers ut and set them on the counter. The feeling of hunger suddenly invading his stomach. It'd been a while since he actually had an appetite. 

The blonde set the food onto a plate and placed it in the microwave to heat up. While the food cooled down a little, he decided he'll watch a movie and selected one from the numerous DVDs he owned. He settled on 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' and sat down comfortably on the couch with his plate of delicious home cooked meal in hands.

After the movie ended, and his stomach as full with just a little room for desert, Taemin decided to head out to the convenience store nearby and get ice cream. It was around 9 pm and the weather was nice. However, for some reason, the night had a eerie feeling lingering in the wind. A chill traveled through his body despite the good weather and he wrapped his sweater tighter around himself. He felt eyes on him, like someone was watching him from a distance. He turned his head to get a look behind him and managed to get a glimpse of a figure behind a wall moving quickly to hide itself. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but he decided to brush it off since he was now in front of the convenience store. 

He headed straight to the freezer and grabbed a small tub of cookies-and-creme flavored ice cream and headed to the counter. As soon as he saw the cashier, however, his mood altered slightly. 

The cashier was a beautiful petite girl with long black silky hair. The girl whose name was still unknown to him, but whose existence was undeniable.

Minji.

"Good evening," she greeted politely, offering a sweet smile. Taemin could only curl his lips in a thin line in an attempt to smile back.

He avoided looking directly into her eyes. The guilt was killing him; Kai and this girl were probably already a couple when he had succeeded in seducing the vampire into another feeding just a few days ago. He felt horrible, like he'd made Kai cheat on his girlfriend by offering himself. He knows Kai has a weakness for his blood, and he used it against the vampire for his selfish reasons. I'm such a ing . I'm a ing horri–

"Will that be it?" she asked, eyeing the tub of ice cream that was still in Taemin's hand. The blonde was pulled out of his thoughts. He nodded and placed the container on the counter. After scanning the item and giving Taemin back his change, she put the item into a small plastic bag and handed it to the blonde. As Taemin reached forward to grab it, their hands touched lightly, and Minji went into a trance.

Minji walked down the hallway of her high school to reach her class for a another lecture. As she was busy replying to a text message, she bumped into someone. The person's juice spilled over her uniform blazer in the process, and she and the latter both gasped at the same time. She immediately felt the irritation surging through her, but when her eyes met the latter's, it vanished. The person who accidentally spilled his drink on her was none other than the boy she's had a crush on the minute he transferred to her school this year. He looked down at her with sorry eyes.

"Oh , I'm so sorry!" he quickly apologized. He reached his backpack for spare tissues but couldn't find any. "I ran out of tissues..." he mumbled embarrassingly. 

"I-It's ok..." she replied, taking off her blazer and heading to the bathroom to wash it off. Her uniform blazer was a nice mustard color, so the spilled orange juice didn't leave a harsh stain, only darkening the fabric. She washed it off and dried it under hand dryer before heading back out. She stumbled back, surprised to see her crush leaning against the bathroom door. He straightened up after seeing her.

"Sorry, I just wanted to ask if everything's alright now? Did the stain come off?"

"Y-Yeah, it did," she said lowly, mentally cursing herself for stuttering.

"Good," the boy said, showing a sweet smile, cute bunny teeth on display. Minji smiled back, gathering her courage and looking into those big, dark, shiny, beautiful eyes of the boy. "I'm Jungkook by the way. Jeon Jungkook," he said after a while, offering his hand.

"I'm Minji," she responded, shaking his hand. 

"Nice to meet you, Minji. I guess I'll see you around then," he said, and smiled once again before waving goodbye. Minji could only manage to wave awkwardly as she watched Jungkook's muscular figure turn a corner of the hallway and be out of sight. 

 

"Excuse me? A-Are you alright?" said a voice near her. Minji snapped back to reality and saw the blonde leaned over and a hand on her shoulder, supporting a confused expression on his face.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine...sorry about that," she said, as she cleared .

Due to the close proximity, a particular scent entered Minji's nostrils. She squinted her eyes, trying to understand the situation. Her eyes shifted to Taemin's and she looked at them as though they held the answer to her questions. 

Taemin felt like a deer in the headlights. He felt like he'd been caught red handed. He tried his best to stay composed under the cashier's intimidating gaze. She moved forward, getting a little too close for comfort for Taemin, and lightly placed her nose on the blonde's neck. She inhaled once, allowing as much air as into her lungs as they could manage, and then pulled back gasping.

It was faint, but it was there. The scent. Kai's scent. 

Taemin eyes grew wider and he gulped.

"Y-You...you smell like...like my boyfriend," she said, dumbfounded. "Why does your blood smell like my boyfriend's?" she asked, a little more impatiently this time. 

.

Taemin was tongue-tied. How could he explain to her that he'd seduced her boyfriend into a feeding? "I-I uh, well w-what hap–"

Suddenly, she began to whimper and clenched her head in pain. Now, Taemin was the one who was dumbfounded. He went behind the counter and held her shoulders, trying to get her to calm down. But the scenario was like a deja-vu. He was reminded of a few days ago, when Kai acted in the same way after he drank his blood.  , what do I do?!

Then, Minji looked up and got a glimpse of the corner of the street right across the convenience store. There stood an old lady. Watching with amusement as she suffered. Minji remembered that face; it was the old lady from her flashback of a couple of days ago, the one who'd given her the flower. 

"It's her! That woman...get her!"

Taemin looked in that direction, and saw the old lady at the corner of the street. Upon being discovered, she quickly made a move. Taemin and Minji both ran outside and in her direction, but she was nowhere in sight. They moved further ahead, but there was still no sign of her. 

The old lady had disappeared.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIIII~

I'm back, and I'm feeling awesome! I was able to sort out a few issues in my life and the future looks bright! Thank you so so so so much to the people who left nice and encouraging messages in the comments! That seriously meant a lot to me. They were so sweet honestly, ugh y'all give me cavities :P

How were y'alls holidays? Mine were enjoyable (and tiring and SO MUCH FOOD OMG)! 

This chapter was kind of uneventful, but that's only the calm before the storm! The next chapters are gonna be quite dramatic!

I added jeon jungkook from BTS in this chapter just because BTS ARE MY LIFE AND I FELT THE NEED TO INCLUDE ONE OF THEM IN THE STORY SOMEHOW hehehe. If you're confused about what that whole scenario was about, it was a flashback! Just in case it wasn't clear.

Also, thank you to the latest upvoters and the new subscribers!! Sarangheyo <3

College doesn't start until two weeks so I'll update (and finish) the story as fast as I can.

Annyeong for now!