Chapter 21

Forbidden

Heyheyhey!!! It's been a while guys, but I finally made time for an update, so here's a 3.8k-words long chapter to make up for the wait! Forgive me for being so late on my updates >.< anyway, I hope you enjoy! Oh, and thank you to the new subscribers! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

TIME SKIP: Two Weeks Later

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING.

As soon as the bells' sound rang through Kai's ears, he shot up from his seat and stuffed his things into his bag in record time. He felt like he was suffocating under the angry yet sad gaze from a certain blonde haired boy sitting just a couple of desks away from him. The boy looked at him with such intensity that Kai felt like he'd burst anytime soon. He felt a pang of guilt every time he saw the blonde. The feelings that he forced himself to reject seemed to crawl their way back into his chest whenever he made eye contact with Taemin. The blonde looked increasingly weak. His once full cheeks were now hollowed, pushing his cheek bones into view. His eyes constantly seemed  tired and the stars that used to shine in them had disappeared.    

For the past week, ever since he saw Kai with fang marks on his neck the day after he'd met Minji, Taemin couldn't help himself but stare at the vampire as whirlwinds of emotion flowed in him. He felt betrayed, angry, jealous and most of all, broken. He knew this day would come eventually, but he'd secretly been hoping that it never would, and that Kai would realize that he belongs with Taemin. He wanted to feel happy for the latter, suspecting that he had finally found his soul mate Minji, but it was impossible. Taemin began to hate the long black-haired girl, even though she had never even uttered a single word to him before. He just felt that Minji was snatching the person he loved the most away from him. He hated himself for thinking and feeling the way that he did, for being selfish. But it was beyond his control. He thought that Kai was over him, and he couldn't accept that fact. After all the meaningful time they spent together, the inexplicable connection that bonded them, the not-so-discrete looks they shared, the warm touches they couldn't keep to themselves, Taemin refused to believe that the vampire was able to forget this easily. But the vampire showed no sign of anything other than ignorance, so Taemin was forced to face the truth. 

And now, it pained him to see the vampire scurrying to get out of the class, obviously trying to escape him. As he followed Kai with his eyes, he watched the latter exit the classroom and suddenly pulled by the arm by the last person he wanted to see Kai with; Minji.

Kai was surprised by the sudden gesture from his fellow vampire. Minji led him across the hall now filled with the flocks of students. Kai just watched her long silky black hair flow behind her back as she walked at a rather fast pace, almost impatiently. After a few turns around the corners of the second floor of the school, Minji's pace slowed to a brief stop as she opened the door of an empty classroom and directed Kai inside, closing the door behind her. When she lifted her head, it was only then that Kai saw her eyes. The color of emeralds. Kai's eyebrows knitted in confusion. It's the middle of the day...how is she in her vampire form? 

As Kai tried to find an answer, Minji took slow steps towards the latter and her voice finally broke the silence in the room. 

"Oppa, I'm hungry," she announced, accenting her statement with a small pout on her lips. 

Kai was lost for words as a battle started in his mind; on one hand, they were in school, surrounded by students and teachers who could potentially walk in on the sight of them in the middle of their feeding. But on the other hand, it was dangerous for Minji not to get her feeding; the thirst for blood could drive a vampire to do horrible acts. Kai knew it was risky on both ends, but the first seemed like a smarter choice. He got up from the desk he was leaning on and headed towards the door, double-checking it to make sure that it was locked. From the small window on the side of the door, Kai made sure the coast was clear before turning around to face Minji.

"Ok, but make it quick," he said as softly as he could, but the nervousness and fear of getting caught was apparent in his tone.

Minji wasted no time and practically pounced on the latter, attacking the tender skin of his neck. She pushed her body against Kai, trapping him between herself and the door behind them. Kai's threw his head back, a small thud being heard as he hit the door, and a breathy moan escaped his mouth. Minji tried to be as gentle and clean as possible, not wanting to ruin Kai's uniform with blood stains, but her grip was still dominating. She slowly traced her fingers along Kai's arms and wrapped hers around the latter's neck in an attempt to get rid of any existing space between their bodies. Her hands found their way to his hair and she tugged at them gently, exposing more his skin as his head was further thrown back. Kai felt like his knees were going to collapse from the sheer pleasure he was feeling. His body searched for support and found it when his hands strongly gripped Minji's hips. He bit his lips to prevent any sinful sounds from escaping, in fear of getting caught. But he failed to stop the low growls his throat produced whenever Minji  a little harder or the trail of blood that threatened to stain his uniform traveling down his neck towards his collarbones.

After several blissful minutes, Minji detached her lips from the latter's flesh and they both stood there, still tightly intertwined in each other's limbs and trying to catch their breath. Minji surprised Kai by peppering his neck with slow and tender kisses. Her lips moved higher, working on his jaw line and eventually, when she was a mere centimeter away from his mouth, she stopped. The two had been feeding on each other everyday, sometimes even multiple times in a day, but their lips had never met. Minji could no longer resist. She got on her tip toes until was aligned with Kai's and placed an experimental peck on his mouth. When she saw that the latter wasn't resisting, she captured his lips in a slow but deep kiss. Kai was taken aback by the unexpected move, but he couldn't fight back; the love and care that Minji was channeling with the movement of her lips against his made Kai want to stay. He brought his hands up to her neck and pulled her closer, further intensifying the kiss. Kai basked in the warmth and love radiating from Minji. Suddenly, the image of Taemin popped up in his head. He subconsciously pictured that he was kissing him instead of Minji. Their lips moved perfectly in sync and Kai felt so at peace. His body movements change slightly, handling Minji the way he handled Taemin; he wrapped his fingers around her silky hair and tugged at it roughly. Minji's head jerked back slightly and her low moan reached his ears. That was enough to snap Kai out of his fantasies and back to reality. He slightly pushed Minji off of him as the all too familiar guilt returned. Minji looked at him with a confused expression. 

"What's wrong?" she asked, disappointment apparent in her voice. She began to feel self-conscious, thinking that maybe it was too soon for a kiss and Kai hadn't liked it. But she just wasn't able to resist.

"N-Nothing...we should get going before anyone comes," he said. Sensing her distress, he smiled reassuringly at her and offered her his hand. Minji's expression quickly changed to relief and happiness as she interlaced her fingers with his and they both walked out the classroom and headed to the cafeteria for lunch.

The rest of the day went by smoothly, until he remembered that he has to go to Taemin's house to finish up their science fare project. He checked his watch nervously thinking just why the hell time was passing by too fast for his liking. He didn't want to be around the blonde; it was too much to handle. But he didn't have a choice. 

When the bell rang, he dragged his feet towards Taemin's locker. On his way, he tried to hide as much of Minji's bite marks as he could, not to make the situation between him and Taemin even more awkward than it was. When he got there, he leaned against his locker which was right next to Taemin's and waiting for the blonde to gather his things from his. Taemin offered him the a small smile of acknowledgement as soon as he saw him, and the vampire did the same. The blonde closed his locker and they both headed to his house. The walk was a long and uncomfortable one, as it has been for some time now. You'd think that they'd get used to it, but they couldn't. 

It was only once they entered the house that Taemin spoke. 

"Are you hungry? I made your favor–" Taemin began to explain, but was cut off.

"No, I'm not hungry. Thanks," Kai said abruptly; eating together would mean that he has to spend more time around the suffocating presence of the blonde, and that's the last thing he wants to do. 

"O-Oh, okay..." Taemin responds with a nervous chuckle. Kai didn't miss the broken look on the latter's face when he'd said that, despite his chuckling, and he knew he had hurt him. He didn't mean to sound as harsh as he did, but he couldn't do anything about it now. 

Taemin turned around then, heading towards his bedroom. Kai attempted to ease the situation. "A-Aren't you going to eat?" 

"N-No...I'm not hungry either," the blonde explained. Kai suddenly felt anger and concern wash over him. He eyed Taemin's body from head to toe and wondered how many times Taemin skipped his meals considering his rapid and worrisome weight loss. His heart throbbed as he thought of the blonde neglecting his health and thinking of the possibility that it could be because of him. 

Once they get settled into Taemin's room, they began working on the project. It was almost done; most of the pieces were placed, except for a few that had to be placed at the center and required them to work together in close proximity. Kai was very careful with his moves, trying his best not to touch blonde who smelled so ing incredible. He still carried that soul mate scent and Kai was still unable to tell why. He had Minji now, a fellow vampire who fits all the criteria of a soul mate, so why does Taemin still smell like belongs to Kai? 

The vampire shrugged it off, not wanted to think of it too much. Things were going the way they were supposed to and he didn't want to ruin it; his parents were finally off his back about finding a soul mate when he had told them about Minji and they'd met her. They seemed so relieved and happy, and Kai was glad knowing that he was no longer a disgrace in his community. But it didn't come without a price; for the sake of his parents' happiness, he sacrificed his own. Though he didn't show it, he felt miserable inside. He felt alone and empty, like he had lost the thing that was most precious to him. And that was exactly the case. He had lost Taemin, the person who made him feel whole, who gave him energy and who made him the happiest. Yes, Minji was a sweet girl, kind-hearted and beautiful and any man would be dumb not to want to be with her, but Kai still felt like something was missing when he was with her. 

Kai focused his attention back on the project. He could feel Taemin looking at him every so often, as though he wanted to say something but stopped himself every time. It was unnerving and Kai quickened his pace, wanting to leave as soon as he was done his part. He distanced himself from the floor on which the project was to go get a tool from the desk that wasn't far from the machine they were working on. As he made his way back from the desk, Taemin turned around at that exact moment and bumped into Kai, the force strong enough that the blonde was going to fall on the project. Kai quickly wrapped a strong arm around the blonde's waist and pulled him towards himself, a little to close than intended. Taemin's hands gripped Kai's biceps and their chests were almost touching. They both looked at the project below them and sighed in relief knowing that it was safe. Then, Taemin turned around and looked at the vampire dead in the eyes. Their gazes locked for a few seconds, as though they were mentally exchanging words they weren't able to tell each other but desperately needed to hear. Kai was the first to break eye contact, feeling uncomfortable under the burning touch that Taemin's hold had on his skin. The touch was so simple but Kai refused to admit to himself just how much he missed it, craved it, needed it. He couldn't even remember the last time they shared skinship but he could never forget how it made him feel.

From this distance, Taemin could smell Kai, and it angered him that it wasn't the scent that he was addicted to. Instead, the vampire carried a scent that he couldn't recognize. A girl's scent. His mind went immediately to Minji. It had to be her, there was no other explanation. His eyes trailed down to the vampire's neck and he noticed that the right side was slightly red from irritation, but the collar of Kai's shirt covered most of it. Taemin's finger reached the collar and tugged at the fabric, revealing fang marks, some of which looked fresh while others looked older and in the process of healing. His anger was now replaced with pain, as though someone had stabbed him in the chest. His previous feelings of betrayal doubled as he now had confirmation that Kai engaged in feeding sessions with someone other than him. He felt like he had no right to, but he couldn't stop feeling possessive of the vampire. Even after all this tine, he still believed that Kai belonged to him. 

The vampire was was the first to pull away. He lowered Taemin's hand from his collar and fixed it back to the way it was before resuming the project. 

But Taemin had other things in mind. 

He gently laced his fingers around Kai's arms again, not sure of the reaction he'll get from the vampire. Kai stood frozen at the touch, refusing to meet the blonde's eyes.

"Kai," Taemin said, his voice almost inaudible. When the vampire didn't respond, Taemin tightened his grip around the caramel biceps between his fingers and repeated the vampire's named more loudly, more confidently. The latter finally looked up, meeting the blonde's pleading gaze. Kai could see the burning desire in Taemin's eyes, the same desire he had a few months ago, when he'd feed on the blonde. Right then, Kai knew he was in trouble. 

Taemin fisted the fabric of Kai's shirt and the vampire felt a pressure on his chest as the blonde pushed him slowly. His back came in contact with the wall a few steps later, and Taemin had a piercing look in his eyes. The vampire's breathing quickened as he made sense of the situation at hand. He watched as Taemin ed the first button of his school uniform. The vampire's pulse increased as the latter took his time undoing the second button and never breaking contact with his intense eyes. Kai was frustrated at himself because why can't I move. He wanted to get out of there. He can't allow himself to go back to the blonde. It's not like Taemin was blocking him; Kai's feet just wouldn't obey and he found himself being trapped by his own body.

When Taemin was finally done, he took a step forward, and Kai wished he could melt onto the wall. The blonde lowered the collar, exposing his neck. Kai felt like he'll burst any second. The memories hit him hard as he saw the faint fangs marks almost healed. HIS fang marks. The nostalgia was overwhelming; he felt himself salivating at the memory of the blonde on the bed, Kai hovering over him, gulping down his blood in long, lusting swigs, the taste of the delicious warm liquid dancing on his tongue and traveling down his throat. 

The vampire's hands began to shake and his fangs were inching out. He was transforming.

"Feed on me," Taemin said in a commanding voice, but there was a hint of plead evident in his voice. 

And that's all it took. That's all it took for Kai to completely break and throw his conscience to the wind. 

He grabbed Taemin by the neck and pushed him on the bed and the blonde let out a small gasp of surprise and shock. The vampire climbed over him and Taemin instinctively traced his fingers along Kai's legs, hips and waist, even going was far as placing his hands under the latter's shirt. He knew Kai didn't want that, but his selfish desires got the better of him and he couldn't stop.

Normally, Kai wouldn't let the blonde touch him in this position, but he couldn't give a damn right now. It had been so long, too long, since he felt the blonde touch him like this and he finds himself thinking just how the hell he's been living without this for these past few months. He feels Taemin grab his hips and push them down a bit, creating the slightest friction between their crotches but it was enough to have them both let out a small moan. Kai was quick to dig into the beautiful skin of Taemin's neck, not able to keep his taste buds waiting any longer. The familiar taste of the blonde's addicting blood possessed the vampire's tongue and he let out a long sigh of content through his nose. 

Taemin didn't stop himself from letting out those sinful sounds of pleasure; he had missed this too much. He finally felt a tinge of hope in the restoration of their relationship, seeing how the vampire desired this just as much as he did. He wanted to how the latter how much he loved him. Kai felt like he'd go insane every time the blonde touched his bare flesh, his back or dug his nails in his skin. 

But all of a sudden, an immense bolt of pain surged through his skull. He quickly distance himself from the blonde and sat on the edge of the bed, holding his hands to his head.

"Oh my God, Kai what's wrong? Are you alright?" Taemin asked, very concerned about Kai's sudden change in state. The vampire looked like he was in agony but he couldn't understand why. He began to panic as Kai's eyes were shut so hard that they formed crinkles around them and tears were shimmering at their corners. "What's going on? Tell me what to do!"

"N-Nothing...I h-have to go..." Kai managed to say through a broken voice. 

"What?! You can't go like this! You're in pain! Let me help you," Taemin pleaded, but Kai was too quick.

He grabbed his things in lightning speed and sprinted out of the house. Taemin tried to follow, but when he reached outside, Kai was nowhere in sight.

WITH MINJI

Minji was in her room studying for her chemistry exam. She knew Kai almost always went to Taemin's house after school to work on their science fair project, so she always waited until he got home to call him. She checked the time on her phone, and it was the time around which Kai is normally done at Taemin's. She decides to give him a call.

Just as she presses the 'Contacts' icon on her phone, tremendous pain shoots through her brain and her her phone slips out of her hand, landing with a thud on the ground. She curls her body in fetal position and rocks back and forth, trying to understand what's going on. She falls from her chair onto the floor and it feels like deja vu to her. 

An image flashes in her head of that day, around to weeks ago, when she felt that same pain shake her body. But then, an unfamiliar memory comes to her mind.

An old woman whom she met as she walked out of the convenience store from her shift giving her a rose that smelled unlike anything she's smelled before. Minutes later, the pain in her skull began and she fell to the floor. The next morning, she had no memory of what had happened the previous night.

As her head felt like it was going to burst, only one question came to mind that could be the answer behind all this confusion; who was that old woman?

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Uhhhhhh, I'm guessing a lot of you wanna fight me for that kiss with minji and kai hehehe *hides behind a wall* I'M SORRY. But hey, at least there was a bit of taekai action in this chapter :) I feel like the story is progressing pretty slowly and it's just depressing at this point, but I'll get more into the plot soon enough and it'll get brighter *naruto voice* "BELIEVE IT!" 

So what do you guys think of this chapter? Why do you think that Kai felt pain when he drank from Taemin? And why do you think that Minji felt that same pain too? Tell me your theories, I'd love to know them :D

P.S.: I realized that I forgot to mention this and it might seem kind of irrelevant to say it now but ima say it anyway. In this story, when vampires are feeding, whether it be on humans or fellow vampires, it's kind of like...the equivalent to for them, but not quite; it's something very intimate and pleasurable, almost on the same level as when two people (or more; whatever makes you happy, hehehe *winkwink*) are having . Just a little detail.

Thank you, and I'll try to update soon!