two

7 Minutes in Heaven

Lee Hana’s smile slipped from her face. She definitely did not see that coming. Yixing has a girlfriend? Since when? And how dare he spring it out on them just like that? This was wrong! All wrong! This was a party, this was a game that she set up for her sister and Yixing! This whole party was organized so she could couple them up! And Yixing just had to destroy everything by bringing this stupid girl. Her sister must be devastated. Speaking of which, Hana turned around and caught sight of a flash of black hair running around the corner before she heard the door slammed a second later. She sighed inwardly. The night hasn’t even started and it was already a major failure.

“Oi! What are you looking at? Where’s your twin?” Luhan asked as he tapped Hana’s shoulder.

Hana threw a dirty glance towards the girl with Yixing, before she looked at Luhan. “In her room. Go get her will you?”

Luhan smiled at her and made his way towards his best friend’s room. He didn't even knock, he just went straight in like he owned the bloody damn place.

Hani jumped a foot in the air and glared at his reflection. “What the Luhan! I could’ve been changing or something! Why don’t you ever knock?!” Hani shrieked at him.

Luhan leaned against her wall and smirked, sending a wink in her direction. She looked... different. Good different. In fact, he had never seen her in a dress before. What made her dress up today? It couldn't be because of the stupid game could it?

“It’s nothing I haven’t seen before.” He grinned.

Hani blushed tomato red. He was so inappropriate. Yeah, he was her best friend, and yes, he might have seen a lot of her when they were younger and he hadn’t reached puberty yet, but he didn't need to say things that make him more like a man than a best friend. She never saw him in that way, but when he said stuff like that, then that was a different story altogether.

He smiled his adorable smile at her, and Hani threw herself at him. Her initial annoyance at finding out Yixing had a girlfriend gave way to sorrow, darkening her mood once again. And Luhan’s shoulder had looked so inviting to cry on, she couldn't help herself.

Luhan stumbled, caught by surprise. He held her tightly, bewildered by her sudden change in behaviour. What was going on with his best friend today? First she dolled up and now she was crying?

“Hey...” He said, all playfulness gone from his voice. “What’s wrong?”

Hani sobbed quietly, trying to find an excuse for her sudden burst of behaviour. “Nothing. I’m just... I’ve missed you.”

Luhan chuckled as he rubbed small circles on her back. “Really? You just saw me yesterday.”

She quickly wiped her eyes and plastered a smile on her face. Maybe Yixing wasn’t meant for her. It would do her no good to wallow in self-pity. Nobody besides her twin knew about her crush, and she would like to keep it that way. All these impulsive eruptions of emotion would just make other people curious, and that was the last thing she wanted.

“C’mon, let’s go out.” Hani said as she grabbed his hand, pulling him out of her room.

“Are you sure you’re ok?”

Hani saw Yixing by the window and her heart jumped to . He was smiling at the girl, and he looked so damn happy. She swallowed her tears, hoping and praying that they wouldn’t fall like Niagara Falls. It would be embarrassing, and it was so not her.

It wasn’t as if Yixing never dated in the past three years that she secretly liked him. He had been with one or two girls, but that never bothered her until today. Maybe she was evolving. Before, she would drown images of Yixing with another girl in her books and documentaries. But now, she just wished he would look at her the way she looked at him. It was silly to wish such a thing. She barely even talked to him. She couldn't even look at him in the eye.

“So what made you dress up today?” Luhan suddenly asked.

“Hmm?” Hani said, before she flashed him a small smile. She twirled on the spot for him, her hair flying about her face. “Pretty right?”

“Super pretty!” Chanyeol suddenly intervened, nudging Luhan out of the way. “That’s the dress I bought for Hana.”

“WHAT?” Hani shouted as Hana rushed over. “Hana! What the hell?!”

“Chanyeol baby, I’m sorry. It’s not my style.” Hana pouted at her boyfriend. “And I thought it suited my sister better. She looks hot doesn’t she?”

“Smoking.” Luhan nodded his head.

Hani smacked the back of his head soundly, and rolled her eyes. “Go home Luhan.”

“Not gonna happen babe. I’m actually looking forward to that stupid game we’re gonna play later.”

“Oh yeah? Who do you plan on kissing?” Hana asked.

Luhan smirked again. “Your sister of course.”

Hani made a face and shoved him away. “Seriously Luhan, you should just dig a grave and bury yourself in it.”

Hana pulled her sister to a quiet corner, and raised her eyebrow. “What the hell Hani, why is he flirting with you?”

“I’m as frazzled as you are. He’s been acting strange today.” Hani shuddered. “Everything he’s been saying to me, it’s kinda gross.”

“Are you ok though?” Hana’s tone had changed, and Hani knew what she meant.

Hani sighed. “I’m fine.”

“I didn't know he was going to bring someone...”

Hani shrugged. “Yeah well, it doesn’t matter. Let’s just go back to the party.”

It was almost midnight when they finally sat in a circle in the living room, Hani seated in between Sehun and Chanyeol. Right opposite her was Luhan and Yixing, and as hard as she tried, she couldn't tear her eyes away from the beautiful face of Yixing.His dimples were accentuated in the candle light and her heart skipped a beat. Oh God, was there no medication for her stupid heart?

There was a beer bottle waiting to be spun in the middle of the circle, and Hana stood up from her spot, getting ready to spin the bottle. She looked at everyone before her eyes lingered on her twin’s face. This was part of the plan that she couldn't control. If she could make the bottle stop at Yixing, she would. But she was going to have to leave this to lady luck. If luck was on her twin’s side, the bottle would stop at her and Yixing. So what if Yixing already has a girlfriend? Her twin was so much better than that girl. And once Yixing kisses her, then he’d realised that he was meant to be with Hani. It was slightly on the far-fetched side, but a girl could dream. And it was time her darling twin sister get what she wanted.

She sent a silent prayer, before she twirled the bottle. Hani watched the bottle spin in slow motion, hoping and praying that it wouldn’t stop at her. She wasn’t even supposed to be in this game. She was forced to play. In the subconscious of her mind though, she thought if the bottle was going to stop at her, then she wished the other end would point at Yixing.

Please let it be Yixing and Hani!

Please let it be Yixing!

Please let it be me and Hani!

Lady luck heard her, and with a click of her fingers, the bottle stopped spinning, and Hana grinned to herself, while Hani sat frozen in her spot.

Yixing! 


Chapter Posted on: May 17. 2015

Please enjoy! =D