nine

7 Minutes in Heaven

“You have something right there.”

“Right where?”

“There, right there.”

“Is it gone?”

“Hold on, let me get it for you.” He leaned in and kissed the side of , trying to off the pizza sauce from her face.

Hani squealed in surprise and her peel of laughter resonated in the now quiet apartment. Their movie had ended half an hour ago, and now they were having fun eating the rest of the pizza and just enjoying each other’s presence.

“Where’s Chanyeol and Hana?”

Hani shrugged as she stuffed the rest of the pizza into . “Ouh shomewhere.”

Yixing laughed and if Hani wasn’t concentrating hard on chewing the pizza, she would’ve definitely drooled. Two weeks being her boyfriend and he still had that effect on her. Her stomach would flip with frenzy every time he so much as glanced at her, and would fall to a bottomless pit if he flashed her his beautiful smile. And his dimple, oh my God. She swore to God it wasn’t legal.

She reached out and traced the dip in his cheek. “Your dimple is so attractive.” She didn't want to say it out loud, but she just couldn't help herself. Sometimes, she still couldn't believe that this handsome man in front of her was someone who happened to like her back, her boyfriend.

Yixing caught her finger in between his lips and slowly on it. Hani let out a small surprised gasped, her toes tingling. What is this feeling deep in her belly? It was strange, but it wasn’t totally unpleasant. Yixing was looking straight into her eyes, as if challenging her to take it to the next step. But next step? Already?

“So we’re alone?” He softly breathed.

It suddenly hit her, and her cheeks reddened considerably. But they had just known each other for two weeks! He couldn't possibly be thinking about that could he?

Hani cleared and looked away. “Uhh ermm... uhh...”

Her boyfriend laughed and placed a kiss on her cheek. “I just asked if we were alone, I don't know why your cheeks are so red. What dirty little mind you have.” He teased.

Her cheeks couldn't get any redder, so she settled for a light slap on his chest. “Shut up. I wasn’t thinking about anything.”

“Sure you weren’t.” Yixing snickered.

“You should go.”

“Already?” He pouted. Hani wanted to capture the moment, but she had somehow misplaced her phone. Damnit. Yixing’s pout was cuter than a kitten.

“Yes. Already. It’s really late.” Hani said. “Come back here tomorrow so we can go see omma and appa together ok?”

“Do you really want to send your hot boyfriend out at 12 midnight alone? I mean, the street is infested with girls looking for action! Aren’t you a little bit scared that he might get ?” Yixing asked in exaggeration.

Hani looked at him, contemplating what he said, before finally giving in. Her boyfriend was literally on legs and if she, the naive girl that she was could see that, imagine what all those whorish girls would see. She shuddered in fright. No, she wasn’t about to risk that.  But she wasn’t going to give in completely to him either. “Fine. You can stay. But you sleep out here. I’ll go get some clothes for you to change into.”

“Really? Out here? On this small couch?! Are you serious?” Yixing called after her. She giggled as she made her way into her room, trying to find something of hers that was large enough for him. But then she saw Luhan’s clothes in one of her drawers and quickly pulled out a black shirt and a pair of sweatpants. Erm, Yixing wouldn’t notice right?

“Here.” She said, handing him the black shirt and pants.

He smiled gratefully at her before taking the clothes. “Whose are these? Chanyeol’s?”

Hani hesitated. “Uhh... Luhan’s.”

Yixing’s face slipped into a frown. Luhan again. Why did it always have to be about Luhan? Ever since they started working on their dialogues, all Hani talked about was Luhan this and Luhan that. You know what Luhan did today? And Luhan is so impossible! What a jerk Luhan is! Look, Luhan bought me chocolates and a teddy bear! He’s so sweet today! Quite frankly, he was tired of hearing Luhan’s name. It was like he got a package when he dated Hani. Get a girlfriend plus her shadow for free! And she even has his clothes in the apartment? Does that mean he has the privilege of sleeping at the girls’ apartment? Where does he sleep? Out here on the couch too? Or with Hani in the room? And did he have to ask for permission like he just did?

“What’s wrong?” Hani said when she caught the look on Yixing’s face. Uh oh, not good.

“Why do you have Luhan’s clothes?” Yixing asked through tightly pressed lips.

Hani was definitely in trouble now. “Uhm.. he uhh....”

“Has he been sleeping here with you a lot?”

“No!” She quickly blurted out. It was a lie, but she wasn’t sure if she sounded entirely convincing. And why did she have to lie in the first place anyway?

“Luhan doesn’t sleep here.” She was surprised her nose hadn’t grew in length. She was lying like a rapper spitting out rhymes.

“Yixing, please don't be jealous of Luhan.” Hani said as she reached for his hand. “He’s just a best friend.”

“But I don't understand how you guys can go so long without dating, or even liking each other that way.” Yixing said in slight frustration. “How can you not be attracted to him at all? I thought I was gay when I first saw him!”

Hani let slip a small giggle before quickly sobering up when she caught Yixing throwing an annoyed glance at her. She moved closer to wrap her arms around his waist, and rested her head on his shoulder. He was tensed, and she damn well felt it.

“Yixing, do you see me here with Luhan? No right? I’m here with you. And I find your jealousy super cute but really, you have nothing to be jealous about. I don't like Luhan that way.”

“But he likes you that way.” Yixing pointed out.

“What? Don't be ridiculous.” Hani waved it off. What happened that night was to remain a secret in the deepest and darkest dungeon of her mind.

“He followed us on our date remember?” Yixing raised his eyebrow.

“He was just worried about me, that’s all.” Hani replied offhandedly. “I’ve never dated before-“

“You’ve never dated before?” Yixing asked, the corners of his mouth lifting. “So I’m your first boyfriend?”

“Pshh... I didn't say that.” Hani said, feeling slightly embarrassed. Then deciding to quickly change the topic, she hurriedly uttered her next statement, “Look, you can sleep in the room with me if you want. But come in after I fall asleep. I’m going to go take a shower.” She continued before literally fleeing from the scene. Did she just tell him she never dated before? God, he must thought she was some sort of a prude or something.

Later that night, she felt a pair of strong arms encircling her waist, and Hani smiled in her sleep. So he came after all. His hair tickled her neck but she was too sleepy to care. It felt good to know he was right next to her, and she drifted once again into dreamland, holding hands with Zhang Yixing.

Somewhere in the apartment, her phone buzzed and the man who sent the text waited for an hour before he too, finally succumbed to sleep.

We’re still going together tomorrow right? I’ll come by the apartment first thing in the morning ok?


Chapter posted on: Jun.2 2015

Please enjoy!!!! Thanks for subscribing! love you guys loads! =D