seven

7 Minutes in Heaven

“Will I see you again tomorrow?” Yixing softly said.

Hani giggled. Yixing was nuzzling her cheek. He was soft, and the feeling of skin to skin was so surreal to Hani. Especially Yixing’s skin. Never in a million years did she think that could happen. She wanted to pinch him, just to make sure he was real and solid, but refrained herself from doing so. There was no need to do such a thing, because Yixing was currently hugging her tightly, his head leaning against her shoulder.

“Don't we have class tomorrow?” Hani said.

“Oh. I forgot.” Yixing sighed. Then his face lit up. “We’ll go to class together. I’ll meet you at your locker?”

Omg. He wanted to wait for her at her locker. She had often envied how Chanyeol waited for her twin every day without fail. Now there was someone who was willing to wait for her as well. Life really couldn't get any better.

“Sounds great.” Hani beamed at him. Any moment now, her face might just split in half. “It’s getting late. You should go.”

Yixing shook his head, tickling her chin with his hair. “I don't want to leave you yet.”

If her fist was big enough to stuff into , she would’ve done it a thousand times today to prevent herself from squealing. She was sure everything Yixing said came straight out from a romantic novel, like he had swallowed the book whole. He was so cheesy, and Hani loved every bit of it.

They stood there for another ten minutes, just basking in each other’s presence before Yixing really had to leave. He gave her another kiss goodbye, and Hani could’ve sworn that her feet lifted off the ground. So this was how her twin felt when she first dated Chanyeol. She was floating on cloud 9, and it felt as if everything was right in this world. Life was pleasant and beautiful.

“Thank God you’re home!” Hana exclaimed as she ran over to her sister. “Where’ve you been? I’ve been trying to contact you!”

“Hmm?” Hani said in a daze. “I went out with Yixing. Didn't I tell you?”

“Not important right now.” Chanyeol interrupted. “You need to go get Luhan.”

And just like that, life was no longer pleasant and beautiful. At the mention of Luhan, Hani scowled.

“No Chanyeol. I don't need to go anywhere. He can rot in hell for all I care.”

“What’s gotten into you? He’s your best friend!” Hana cried.

“Is he? He was following me Hana! How is that a best friend?” Hani shouted. “He was spying on me and Yixing! Just because he doesn’t have a girlfriend doesn’t mean he has the right to stick his face in my business!”

“Hani...” Chanyeol stepped in quietly. “Sehun’s on the line. He wants to speak to you.”

Hani huffed at him angrily, before snatching the phone from his hand. She was exhausted. She had been nervous around Yixing the whole day, and that had taken a lot of her energy away.  And she was so looking forward to chatting the night away with him. He had promised to call later. Now Luhan just had to be missing and destroy everything! Why couldn't he just be happy for her?

“Hello?” She snapped at Sehun.

“Hani nuna,” Sehun said anxiously. “I found Luhan hyung. He’s at a bar in Gangnam and he’s drunk.”

Hani rolled her eyes. “Not my problem Sehun. Call a cab or carry him home.”

“I tried nuna, but he’s asking for you.”

Hani growled under her breath. She shouted at Sehun. “What can I do Sehun? It’s not like I can carry him home!”

“Nuna, please just come.” Sehun pleaded. “I don't know what to do.”

Hani wanted to leave him there at the bar. Even if the bar threw him out, he can sleep in the park, she really didn't care.  To say she was angry was an understatement. She was still furious with him. But a small part of her, the part that still cared, knew she should go. Her best friend needed her. And so with a dejected sigh, she asked him to text her the address before she walked out the door, grabbing Chanyeol’s car keys in the process.

“Yah! Don’t you dare get any scratches on the car!” Chanyeol shouted.

When Hani got to the bar twenty minutes later, Sehun ran to greet her. He pointed at where Luhan was seated, and it looked to Hani as if he had passed out. Well, good enough. Maybe then she didn't have to make conversations with him.

Just as Sehun was about to carry him to the car, his eyes fluttered open. Luhan caught sight of Hani, and he giggled.

“You cameeeee.” His words were slurred, and Hani cringed. She could smell the beer on his breath. “I’m soooo glad you cameeeee.”

“C’mon hyung. Nuna will take you home.” Sehun said as he dropped Luhan into the passenger seat of Chanyeol’s car.

“Nuna, why was he drinking? He doesn’t drink.” Sehun frowned.

“Yeah well, your guess is as good as mine.” Hani shrugged, her eyes lingering on her best friend. What has gotten into him lately? “Go home Sehun, I’ll take care of him.”

“Okay nuna, I’ll see you tomorrow.” Sehun said with a wave.

“Bye Sehunnnnnn!” Luhan shouted before he exploded into another fits of laughter.

Hani made her way to the driver’s seat, and after securing the seatbelts on her and Luhan, she drove slowly back home. They didn't talk on the way home, and Hani was glad. The car was small, and there was no way for her to run out if things got uncomfortable. Yes, it was true. She was starting to become uncomfortable with him, and she didn't like it at all. He was her best friend for God’s sake. Talking shouldn’t be difficult.

Chanyeol was waiting for them when they reached home, and he helped carry Luhan into her room. Once settled, he walked out of the room, leaving Hani and Luhan alone. Hani sat at the edge of her bed, and sighed yet again. The sleeping face of Luhan reminded her so much of their younger days. He looked so young, so peaceful. There was once when they were ten years old, she had drew on his face when he was sleeping, and instead of getting mad at her, he had asked her to draw more butterflies on his right cheek, and a dinosaur on his left. He let her do all those things because he was her best friend. But where was her best friend now? Why had he changed so much?

She could see beads of sweat forming on his forehead, and she reached for his jacket. Just as she was about to , he grabbed her hand and he opened his eyes.

“Are... are you ok?” Hani asked. She was angry with him, yes, but she was also quite worried. There must be a reason why he was doing something he didn't like doing.

“Hani...” He croaked out. His voice was barely there, and Hani had to strain her ears to hear. “Why can’t it be me instead?”

Hani furrowed her brow. “What are you talking about Luhan?”

“Does it really have to be Yixing? Why can’t you like me instead?” His eyes were glassy with tears, and Hani’s breath caught in . Was this what it was? Her liking Yixing? But what did that have to do with Luhan? He didn't even like her in that way.

“Luhan, you’re drunk.” Hani said crisply. He was talking nonsense and he most probably won’t remember this whole conversation. “I don't know why you want to go and get drunk but right now just go to sleep ok? We have class tomorrow.”

She made to get up but Luhan wrenched her hand towards him, causing her to fall on top of him. She would blame this later on alcohol, because the only plausible explanation to his next action was the poisonous alcohol. It was alcohol that drove him to kiss her right smack on her lips, it was alcohol that caused him to deepen the kiss, and to stick his tongue down .

“Luhan!” She shoved him away, angry at what he just did. She slapped him, and it felt as if she put her whole force into it. She was mortified. How could her best friend do this to her? She touched her swollen lips, her eyes wide with shock. Again, she would blame this on alcohol later on. But right now, she wanted to punch his face.

“Hani baby...”

He was sobbing now, his hands still on her shoulders. “I’m sorry.” He whispered. “I just... I love you. Please, I love you. Leave Yixing and come to me. Please...”

She pushed his hands away and stood up. “Go to sleep Luhan. I’ll see you in the morning.”

Hani’s fingers were trembling. As she plopped herself on the couch in the living room, her whole body was shaking. Luhan loves her? Since when? How did this come about? But then again, he’s drunk. He might not even remember what he said come morning. Yes, Hani nodded her head. It was the alcohol talking. It wasn’t Luhan. The sane Luhan doesn’t love her that way. The sane Luhan only sees her as a best friend and nothing more. She would forget this conversation in the morning too. Maybe right now, she was having a really horrible nightmare.

And with that thought in mind, she drifted off to an uneasy sleep.

A few kilometres away, Yixing put down his phone. He had been trying for ten times, but Hani wasn’t answering. Maybe she had fallen asleep. Yixing smiled to himself as he settled into bed. Never mind, he will see her tomorrow. 


Chapter Posted on: May 27. 2015

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Just a little note, this story is far from perfect. The idea is there, I just don't feel like I wrote it well. I'm writing after work and before I got to bed so yeah, that's why. It's not as well written as I hoped it'd be. But anyhow, i hope you guys still like it though! Please do tell me what you think! Thanks!