ten

7 Minutes in Heaven

Do you remember the first time I was in this room?

It was so awkward! I didn't want to play the game at first you know.

Well, aren’t you glad you played in the end?

Hani’s face lit up with a smile as she recalled their midnight conversation. He had climbed into bed at around 3am, and as sleepy as she was, they did talk for half an hour. It was strange to be in bed with Yixing. It had always been Luhan, and their late night conversations had always revolved around Luhan and Luhan’s girlfriends and what he should do with them. But with Yixing, everything was about them. There was no I or you, there was only us. And that was the biggest difference between them.

A small giggle slipped when she felt his soft lips showering her left cheek with kisses. He was trying to wake her up, but her eyes remained tightly shut, enjoying the sensation of his lips on her skin. That was of course, until he started to tickle her side.

Her eyes flew open and she squealed, trying her hardest to avoid his fingers. She was ticklish and unfortunately for her, Yixing had figured out her weakness. He didn't continue for long. Somehow during the squirming, he had managed to place himself on top of her and they had stopped at that. He hovered over her, his eyes full of something Hani was not yet ready to admit. Staring into his eyes felt like she was staring straight into his soul. His hair was messy, but he was still breathtakingly beautiful. He was so beautiful it pained her to even be looking at him. How did she get so lucky?

Yixing was slowly leaning down, his eyes glancing at her parted lips. He wanted to capture them, she looked so captivating in the morning light. When he finally placed his own over hers, his voice box emitted a low growl and it was the most beautiful thing Hani had ever heard. That should be another thing that was illegal about him. In fact, all of Yixing was illegal. He should be captured and locked away somewhere for an eternity.

“Good morning...” He murmured against her lips. “Had a good sleep?”

“Awesome sleep.” She replied with a grin. “And you?”

“Slept like a baby.” Yixing said before leaning into her neck. “But now that we’re awake, shall we do some-“

“LEE HANI! Wakey wakey! It’s time to ge-“ As the door to her room slammed open, the words on Luhan’s lips died. Yixing and Hani sprang apart, trying their best to look nonchalant. Hani’s heart beat increased, and her cheeks flamed with embarrassment. She cleared uncomfortably, totally missing the ashen look on Luhan’s face. She might’ve missed it, but Yixing didn't. And he was once again struck with the thought that Luhan liked his girlfriend more than a best friend.

“Luhan!” Hani choked out as she climbed out of bed. “Hey! What are you doing here so early in the morning?”

“Hey Lu.” Yixing nodded his head at the other man as he swung his feet off the bed. He stood to his full height and Luhan’s face fell again. He was suddenly very angry at Hani, not because Yixing was wearing his favourite ACDC t-shirt, but because... well just because. He was just angry. He wanted to throw something against the wall but there was nothing within his reach that was fragile enough.

They slept together.

Oh God, did they really sleep together? What kind of sleep? The normal kind or that kind? Luhan tried not to imagine it, but it was too late. There was something that was suddenly fragile enough to be thrown now, and that was his heart. And he was sure Hani had smashed it against the wall not once, but a thousand times. Now the broken pieces lay scattered at his feet and he stood there, motionless and speechless.

“Oh yeah, we’re going home aren’t we?” Hani said as cheerfully as she could. “Hold on, let me take a shower.”

She slipped out the door, Yixing following suit. He spared the other man no glance as he reached for Hani’s hand, and he whispered something loud enough for Luhan to hear. “Want me to join you?”

Luhan’s knees buckled and he crashed against the wall. His fingers were trembling, and he wanted to cry. His tears however, refused to fall. He was jealous, angry and everything in between. How could Hani do this to him? How could they already be sleeping together? They had only been together for two weeks!

“Hey Luhan! Man you’re early!” Chanyeol, who practically already lived in the apartment, greeted him.

“H-hey.” Luhan replied shakily. To say he was heartbroken was an understatement. He was devastated. It felt as if Hani had stabbed him over and over again with a blunt knife.

“You ok?” Chanyeol asked, concerned. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Yixing and Hani sharing a kiss and it hit him. Luhan was jealous. “Dude you wanna ride with me and Hana later?”

“Uhh yeah, sure.” Luhan said distracted.

Half an hour later they departed to the twin’s hometown. Like planned, Luhan rode with Chanyeol and Hana, while Yixing and Hani followed closely behind. Chanyeol tried to engage Luhan in a conversation, but the other man didn't even have the energy to utter even a single word. Hana tried to question Chanyeol, but he mouthed the word ‘later’ to her. Hana frowned but said nothing. Did something happen to Luhan? Why did he look like a kid who just had his candy stolen from him?

In the other car, Yixing was a nervous wreck. Hani squeezed his hand reassuringly. “You’ll be fine Yixing.”

“What if your parent’s don’t like me?” He fretted.

“My parents will love you. They only have Chanyeol to compare to, and trust me, you are so much better than Chanyeol.”

“You only say that coz you’re my girlfriend.”

Hani laughed. “I only say that because it’s the truth. You’ll be fine Yixing. I won’t leave your side.”

When they finally reached, the first person they greeted was the twin’s grandmother. “Halmoni!” Both Hani and Hana screamed. The girls sprinted towards their grandmother and crushed her against them in a bone crushing hug. Chanyeol hugged her next but her hold on Luhan lingered.

“Aigooo. Are you and Hani together now? When will you two get married? I’m not getting any younger you know!”

“Halmoni!” Hani quickly spoke up. “Luhan and I aren’t... together.”

“Why not?” Her grandmother questioned. “You used to love him in high school.”

“Halmoni, Hani has a boyfriend now, and it’s not Luhan.” Hana said, completely oblivious to the awkwardness of the whole situation.

“Oh? Who?” She asked, interested.

Hani pulled Yixing, who was silently fuming with anger and jealousy, forward for introduction. “Halmoni, this is Yixing.” She said with a smile. “We met at the university. Yixing, halmoni.”

Luhan had walked away by then. Nobody noticed, but Chanyeol did. And he made a point to talk to his friend later, once the day was over.

“Ehh... he’s not Luhan.” Grandmother said as she scanned Yixing up and down. “But he’s adorable too, so I guess he’ll do. C’mon kids, let’s eat. I’m sure you’re all hungry.”

Yixing and Hani stayed behind, and as soon as everyone was gone, Hani looked apologetically at Yixing.

“I’m sorry. Halmoni can be so em-“

“Am I always going to be compared to Luhan Hani?” Yixing sighed. Did he really have to go through all of this? Was he always going to be in Luhan’s shadow?

Hani cupped his cheeks and placed a chaste kiss on his pouty lips. “Does it really matter what they think Yixing? I like you and you alone. You’re my universe now. You have a lovely way of talking, I’m sure you’ll capture halmoni’s heart in a beat.”

“Will I?”

“Don't you trust me?” Hani breathed as she stepped closer. Their noses touched and she was tempted to let their lips meet again, but the prospect of any elders walking in on them wasn’t pleasant, so she rested her forehead on his instead.

“Don’t leave me?” There was a deeper meaning to that sentence, and Yixing hoped Hani heard it.

She did, and she smiled at him. “Never.”

And the heart of the man standing in the corner, already in a thousand pieces, shattered into millions. He slid down the wall, trying to stifle his sob. Was he too late? Was there no future between him and Hani now? He glanced down the hall, remembering all the little things they used to do. They laughed, they cried, they shouted, they whispered. They did everything together. They were inseparable. Will he ever have the chance to be like that with her once again?

“Let her go man.”

***

Chanyeol was about to retire to bed when he heard it, and he quietly peeked through the tiny crack the door created. What he saw almost made him shout in shock and surprise.

 “Does it really have to be Yixing? Why can’t you like me instead?” His eyes were glassy with tears, and Hani’s breath caught in .

“Luhan, you’re drunk.” Hani said crisply. “I don't know why you want to go and get drunk but right now just go to sleep ok? We have class tomorrow.”

She made to get up but Luhan wrenched her hand towards him, causing her to fall on top of him.

And then he kissed her. And from the looks of it, Luhan even had his tongue down .

“Luhan!” She shoved him away, angry at what he just did.

And then she slapped him hard on his cheek. Chanyeol almost screamed, almost.

“Hani baby...”

He was sobbing now, his hands still on her shoulders. “I’m sorry.” He whispered. “I just... I love you. Please, I love you. Leave Yixing and come to me. Please...”


Chapter Posted on: Jun. 4. 2015

Hope you guys liked this chapter! =D and thank you for commenting! keep them coming ok? i really do appreciate them! And thanks for subscribing as well! Love you loads! =D