fourteen

7 Minutes in Heaven

“Hani...”

“Don’t.” Hani said, quickly raising her arms as if to protect herself from him. Her tears were flowing down her cheeks like waterfalls, but she was just too upset to care. She wasn’t sure who she was upset with more. Luhan because he had initiated the kiss or herself for allowing it to go on for so long? But deep down in her heart, she knew it wasn’t Luhan’s fault. She was the one who had asked for it. He was merely acting on his feelings.

“Hani please. Don’t be like this.” Luhan pleaded. He tried to capture her, but with every forward step he took, she took two steps back.

She turned her back to him, and now she was positively sobbing out loud. She felt immensely guilty. In fact, guilty didn't even come close to the way she was feeling at the moment. Yixing. What had she done to Yixing? How could she do this to him? “Just go Luhan. Go please. I don't want to see you right now.”

Luhan pressed his lips in a straight line and launched forward, grabbing her shoulder and spinning her around. He cupped her beautiful face in his large palms and forced her to look at him. This was it. He was going to just confess. It might ruin their friendship forever, but he couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't deny what he was feeling any longer. His heart ached all the time because she was always so close, but so untouchable.

“Hani, I love you.” He said before he could regret it. He saw her eyes widening slightly, and his grip on her shoulders tightened. “I love you Hani.” He repeated, his eyes never wavering from her face. Though he wished he could say the same about his resolve. “I don't know when it happened, probably when Yixing came into the picture. I know I might have been a little late but I... Oh God, Hani. I love you. Can’t you just... leave him and come to me? I promise I’ll make you happy always.”

Hani stared into his boyish face and her lips quivered. He really was handsome. And he loved her. But he was right. He was late. Very late. And he only started loving her after Yixing liked her. Which could only mean one thing to Hani. That he didn't really love her.

“You don't love me Luhan.” Hani said in a small voice.

Luhan shook his head frantically. “I do! With all my heart!”

Hani looked at him sadly and broke away from his grip. “No you don't. You said it yourself. You only love me after Yixing started liking me. Which means all you want is something you can’t have.”

“That’s not true! I-“

Hani cut him off. “Just go Luhan. I’ll see you tomorrow for our stage rehearsal.” Without waiting for any reply, she walked towards her room, slamming the door shut in Luhan’s face who had followed after her. She threw herself onto her bed and cried herself to sleep. Oh Luhan, why did it have to be now?

~~~

“You want me to what?!” Hana shouted in her face.

Hani cringed, but she wasn’t about to let her sister get away with it. “Hana please. I don't feel comfortable doing that with Luhan in front of everyone.”

“But Hani! It ties up the whole dialogue together! I can’t just take it out!” Hana whined. “Didn't you guys practice the kiss last night?!”

“Uhh yeah...”

“Wait a minute.” Hana cut in, her face splitting into a grin. “You guys actually practiced the kiss last night? How was it? Was he good?”

“Hana-“

“Did something happen last night? Did you guys finally realise the feelings you have for each other? Is that why you want me to take it out? Coz you don't want Yixing to know?” Hana asked in one breath, jumping to conclusions as always.

“I do not have feelings for Luhan, Hana.”

“But he has feelings for you.” Hana pointed out.

Hani gave a start. “How did you know that?”

Hana scoffed. “Oh please Hani, it’s so damn obvious. He hates Yixing, which means he’s completely jealous of him, which could only mean one thing. He loves you.” Hana elaborated. “Now tell me, did something happen last night?”

Hani sighed, wondering if she should tell her twin. Her head was a complete mess. And her sister was good at giving solutions. Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea to tell her. She needed a second opinion after all. “Luhan and I... we uhh, we did kiss last night. And then he... told me he loved me.”

“And then?”

Hani shrugged sadly. “And then nothing. And now I feel so guilty. I can’t believe I did this to Yixing. I have to tell him.”

“Are you crazy? Of course you can’t tell Yixing!” Hana exclaimed incredulously. Her twin was crazy! Was she asking for Yixing to break up with her? Besides, it wasn’t as if they kissed on purpose. They were kissing because the script stated they should kiss. It was just unfortunate it led to something none of them expected.

“Can’t tell me what?”


Chapter posted on: Jun. 21 2015

This chapter is quite short! I'l write more soon! Thanks for reading guys!