fifteen

7 Minutes in Heaven

Both girls whipped their heads so fast Yixing could’ve sworn he heard something crack. Not to mention, the identical shocked faces slightly unnerved him.

Yixing chuckled. “You two looked like I just caught you doing something illegal.” He said before wrapping his arm around Hani’s waist. “Everything ok girls? What was it that you can’t tell me?”

“That is uhh... it’s uhh...” Hani stammered nervously.

“That there’s a kiss scene in Hani’s script.” Hana cut in.

Yixing’s happy face slipped into a frown. “Kiss scene? Hani and Luhan?”

“Yeah.” Hana nodded her head. “But don't worry about it. I’ve already decided to take it out.”

“Really?” Both Yixing and Hani said simultaneously.

Hana rolled her eyes at their obvious joy. “Yes. Really. Good God, it’s like Luhan is some sort of a disease or something. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go find Sehun. Yah! Oh Sehun!”

~~~

“Hey!” Yixing ran up to her and engulfed her in a big bear hug. “You were great!”

Hani laughed, rubbing her cheek against his shoulder. Their final performance was over, and she would like nothing more than to put everything behind her. Images of her performance with Luhan still swam in her mind, and she inwardly shook it off. What they showed everyone, it may be acting on her part, but she knew Luhan was expressing his true feelings. Trust Hana and Sehun to write a script based on what he truly felt. “Thanks! You did great too! You could totally pass as a gay guy.”

Yixing grinned, holding her at arm’s length. “Yeah well, being gay is great and all but then I can’t have you.”

Hani smiled at him, the guilty feeling bubbling at the pit of her stomach. She never did tell him what happened between her and Luhan that night. She wanted to. She had tried multiple times to let him know, but every time she opened she shut it again, for fear of Yixing leaving her. Maybe he didn't have to know. It wasn’t as if it meant anything to her anyway. Though she did vaguely remember how her heart had skipped a few beats. But still, it was Luhan. It was just Luhan.

“Are you tired?” He asked her softly.

“Sort of. Why?”

“I thought maybe we can go have dinner and a walk or something.” Yixing suggested.

Hani leaned in and placed a quick kiss on his lips. “A date with you? Yixing sshi, I’m never too tired to have a date with you.”

Yixing grinned at her and dragged her out of the building. “Then c’mon. Let’s go. I’m starving.”

They had dinner at a fancy restaurant before Yixing whisked her away for a romantic walk down Han River. Han River was beautiful at night, but Yixing would undoubtedly argue that his girlfriend was even more beautiful. His mind flew to her performance earlier. She was great, there was no doubt about that, but he could see she was quite stiff and awkward with Luhan. In fact, she had been awkward with him since the stage rehearsal. Did something happen between them? Dare he ask? Did he even want to know? It was to his advantage wasn’t it, that she wasn’t speaking to him?

Yixing cleared his throat, the curiosity getting the best of him. “Hani baby...”

“Wait a second.” Hani turned to look at him, a smile on her face. “Say that again.”

“Say what again?”

“That. What you just called me.” Hani replied.

He smirked at her, pulling her closer to him. “What? Baby?”

Hani giggled, the sound of it disturbing the dark serene night. “Yes that. You should call me that. Call me baby.”

The hold on her waist tightened, and Yixing nuzzled her cheek lovingly. “Ok... baby.”

“I love it.” Hani grinned at him. “Now what was it that you wanted to say?”

Should he say it?

“Uhh... Did something happen between you and Luhan?” He asked hesitantly. The question was out of his mouth before he could think twice, and now that it was out in the open, he couldn't take it back. All he could do was wait for her answer. What would she tell him?

Hani furrowed her brow, the nervous jitter returning. Was she that obvious? “Nothing’s wrong with me and Luhan. Why’d you ask?”

“It’s just... you guys looked awkward.” Yixing replied. “Is it because of me?” He asked timidly.

“What?” Hani exclaimed incredulously. “Why would you think that?”

He pulled her to a nearby bench and placed her on his lap. Then he shrugged, earnestly looking at her beautiful face. “I don't know. You guys seem sort of awkward with each other. I don't want to be the cause of your strained friendship. I may be jealous of him and all, but I don't really want to break your friendship off.”

Hani smiled at him, nuzzling his cheek in the process. Bless him. Why was he being so nice to her? So what if her heart skipped a beat when Luhan kissed her? It definitely meant nothing. But this man right here though, she was sure meant the whole world to her. But as much as she knew he would understand, telling him that she locked lips with Luhan might still be a bad idea. “Yixing, Luhan and I, we’re ok. We’ve known each other for twenty years, we were bound to have awkward moments right? We had an argument of some sort during rehearsal, and neither one of us have gotten over it yet so yeah, maybe that was why we seemed strained to you.”

It wasn’t a complete lie, so technically, she wasn’t lying to him. Technically.

“Oh, what was the argument about?”

Hani bit her lip and looked away. “Nothing that important. “ She mumbled before standing up from his lap and pulling him up as well. “C’mon let’s go back to the apartment. I’m getting cold.”

Deciding not to probe any further, Yixing followed after her. She changed the subject. And it was so damn strange. Why wouldn’t she tell him? Was there something he wasn’t supposed to know? Why would she hide it from him? How was he to find out? He wasn’t suspicious of his girlfriend, merely curious. What he didn't know was that curiosity killed the cat, and it might probably kill him too.

“Wait right here ok? I’m gonna go take a shower.” Hani said once they reached her room. Yixing knew he shouldn’t pry, but he couldn't shake off that feeling of needing to know. He sat on her bed and scanned the room. His feet were dangling off the ground and gently, he swayed them, until his heels hit something that was hidden under the bed.

He bent down and peered under the bed, and his eyes caught sight of a shoe box. Taking it out slowly, he contemplated with himself. Should he open it? Did he want to look inside? When curiosity finally got the best of him, he lifted the lid open. There were a bunch of letters inside and a book. He picked up the book and flipped through, realising that it was Hani’s diary. He didn't plan on reading, until his eyes caught sight of an entry dated a few weeks ago.

This was why he shouldn’t pry. He knew he shouldn’t, yet he still did it anyway. And he didn't like it at all. He didn't like what he found. He rummaged through the letters, all addressed to the same person. His hands shook, and anger slowly bubbled inside him. After throwing everything back into the box, he pushed it under the bed and stood up. Yixing rubbed his face wearily, feeling extremely betrayed. How could the girl he had grown to love do this to him?

“I’m back!” Hani exclaimed happily when she returned, completely missing the look on Yixing’s face. She wrapped her arms around him, and smiled. “What do you wanna do?”

Yixing removed her arms from around his waist, and walked past her. “I have to go.” He said. His voice was so cold it sent an uneasy shiver down Hani’s spine. She heard the front door opened and shut, and frowned at the now empty room. What the hell happened while she was gone?


Chapter Posted on: Jun. 26. 2015

This chapter was so difficult to write. T_T But I hope you guys like it! And uh-oh, what did Yixing find?!?! Cue drum rolls. Hope you guys like this chapter! Tell me what you think ok?! =D