twelve

7 Minutes in Heaven

The sun was shining brightly in the sky, yet it couldn't return the color to Chanyeol's cheeks. With every read of the dialogue, his face turned a shade whiter. He visibly blanched when he got to a particular scene, and Hani let out a large laugh. She knew where he was and she couldn't take it anymore. The strange scrunch of his face was hilarious. After a second Luhan joined in, and by the time Chanyeol looked up from the dialogue, both Luhan and Hani were rolling on the floor, clutching their stomachs which had begun to hurt.

Chanyeol groaned into his hand. "Do I really have to do this guys?"

Picking herself up, Hani grinned at him. "Do what Chanyeol?"

"Do I have to," Chanyeol glanced at the dialogue again, and howled in despair. "Do I really have to 'run my fingers through his hair and blow into his face'?! Like why the freaking hell would I do such a thing?!"

His voice was a decible higher than when he started speaking, and Luhan returned to rolling on the floor with laughter.

Hani took pity in him, and patted his shoulder almost sympathetically, although she very much would like to roll on the floor with Luhan. "Chanyeol, this dialogue is brilliant. And I thought you wanted to be a good actor. Accept it as a challenge. And don't you dare try to mess it up. My grade is hanging on this."

"But but," he stammered. He looked to be on the verge of tears. "You want me to be... gay with Yixing!"

Luhan finally stopped laughing, and pointedly looked at him. "Dude, it's just for 10 minutes. It's not like we're asking you to kiss him."

Sehun and Hana appeared from the kitchen, and Hana sat herself next to her boyfriend. "What did I miss?"

"Your boyfriend here refuses to act out my gay script." Hani rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah. He's a bit of a homophobic."

"Well tough luck because the script is brilliant and there's no time to write another one. Now where is ours?" Luhan extended his hand for their script, and both Hana and Sehun had the decency to look slightly abashed.

"Sorry hyung. Uhh, we haven't started. We don't know what to write about."

"What?!" Hani shouted. "We're acting next week and you don't have anything for us?! Will we even have time to practice?!"

"Chill Hani. We'll get it done by tonight." Hana said with a roll of her eyes. Her twin could be so dramatic sometimes.

"You better Hana. My grade depends on this!" Hani fumed in anger. Just then the doorbell rang, and she knew that her boyfriend had arrived. Just the thought of it turned her frown upside down, and she skipped her way to the door to open it. Sure enough, standing on the other side was her handsome boyfriend Yixing, who was looking at her with the dimple smile on his face. "Hey you."

Her knee joints rattled, and she held on to the door frame for support. How he still managed to shook her baffled her, even after a month of dating.  "Hey you too." She replied, returning his smile with one of her own. "Come on in. Everyone's here. You're gonna love my script."

As Yixing stepped into the apartment, he raised his eyebrow at her. "Let me guess. We're a gay couple?"

Hani gasped at him in surprise. "That was a lucky guess right?" She asked after he greeted the others. She didn't miss the curt nod he gave to Luhan, nor did she miss the icy glare Luhan threw at him. But she chose to ignore both because quite simply, she had absolutely no time to care at all.

"Nope." He said, poppin the 'p'. "Chanyeol's pale face is a dead giveaway."

"Yah, do you know that I have to," he glanced at the papers in his hands once again, and made a gagging sound. "Say 'Peace is where you stand'?"

"Oooh. That's a good one." Yixing smiled at Hani. "Did you come up with that?"

"Definitely." She replied as she looked lovingly at him. "Thought of you when I came up with that."

"That's so sweet of you." Yixing murmured as he leaned in. He wanted to kiss her so badly, he didn't care that everyone was watching. But he knew that his favorite twin might not like it at all, so he refrained. He will corner her later for some sweet make-out time.

"Ugh." Chanyeol uttered in absolute despair. "You guys are sweet and all, but Yixing, do you know that we have to do all this gay stuff in front of people? What would they think of us?!"

Sehun snickered, and almost immediately received a slap at the back of his head from Chanyeol.

"Chan ah, I know you're homophobic and all, but it's all just acting. Besides, everybody knows we both have girlfriends. Take it like a man dude. It's a challenge. I thought we wanna be good actors."

"Spoken like a true aspiring actor Yixing." Hana grinned at him before she turned to look at her boyfriend. "C'mon baby, just imagine you're looking at my face when you act this all out. Why don't you guys rehearse now?"

"You're one to give pep talks Hana, you haven't even written our dialogue yet!" Hani scoffed.

"What?" Yixing furrowed his brow. "You haven't started? Have you guys brainstormed anything?"

"We're working on it hyung. We'll get it done soon." Sehun reassured.

"There's not gonna be a kiss scene is there?" Yixing asked with a frown.

Luhan spoke up. It was the first time he spoke since Yixing arrived. "So what if there is? I thought it's all a challenge? Hani should take it like a man too you know."

The temperature in the room had dropped a few degrees, even Chanyeol had stopped wallowing in self pity. He looked from Yixing to Luhan worriedly. Now was not the time to bicker. He was going to be gay for God's sake, he didn't have time to break a fight!

"Uhh..." Hani said finally. The tension in the room was so palpable she could almost touch it with her fingers. "Let's not get carried away ok guys? They haven't even written the script yet." She continued awkwardly. Then sensing that no one was going to say anything else, she stood up and clapped her hands loudly. "I'm sure everyone's hungry! I'll go and make us some spaghetti. Yixing, help Chanyeol out ok? And Sehun and Hana, you guys better have something once I'm done."

"I'll come with you." Luhan said after breaking eye contact with Yixing. He followed after Hani, aware that the other man's cold gaze was  burning holes into the back of his head. Not that he cared. He wasn't about to ask permission from him just to spend time with Hani. She didn't even belong to him.

Yixing could hear their playful banter in the kitchen and Chanyeol could literally see smoke coming out of his nose. He felt for Yixing. But how could he tell Luhan to stay away from his own best friend?

"Noona... noona." Sehun nudged Hana who had begun to doze off. "Noona, I have the perfect idea for our script." He told her of his idea and by the time he finished, Hana had a skeptical look on her face.

"Are you sure Sehun? Yixing might not like it at all."

Sehun grinned at her. Apparently, Chanyeol wasn't the only one who noticed the secret crush Luhan harbored for Hani. Sehun had seen it too. And in his opinion, the best way to convince people of your acting is to have real feelings involved.


 

 

Chapter posted on: Jun. 10 2015

This is from my phone once again. I'm starting to love writing in between work. Haha. Hope you guys like this one! Please enjoy! Don't forget to tell me what you think! :)