eighteen

7 Minutes in Heaven

"WHAT?!"

"Shhhhhh! Hana! Keep your voice down will you? The world doesn't need to know!" Hani hushed her twin sister.

Hana snorted like a pig, and almost spilled her drink. "The world totally has to know! This is the guy that you knew all your life we're talking about! And now you guys are dating! How sweet is that?!"

Hani smiled to herself. Yes, how sweet was that? It was like she was living in her own movie. She couldn't deny the fact that for the past week, Luhan had been quite attentive to her every need, not to mention extremely romantic. He was, for lack of a better word, really really sweet. Sickly sweet. He carried her bags, he held her hands, he sent her home every night and pick her up every morning, he gave her good morning kisses, goodbye kisses, and all the kisses in between. She had always wondered what it would be like to be someone Luhan doted on and now she knew. No wonder his ex-girlfriends all wanted him back. He treated her like a queen. Sometimes though, when she woke up in the morning, she still couldn't believe the fact that Luhan, who used to be her best friend, was now her boyfriend.

"Hi ladies. What did I miss?" Chanyeol's voice startled Hani out of her reverie, and she smiled at him, taking him by surprise.

"Whoa. This twin just showed me all her teeth. Are you ok Hani?"

Hana pulled her boyfriend to the seat next to her and quickly spilled the beans before Hani could stop her. "She's more than ok Chanyeol. She's with Luhan now."

Chanyeol furrowed his brow. "What do you mean she's with Luhan now? She's always with Luhan."

"No silly! With with Luhan. Like together. Like dating! They're a couple now!" Hana gushed excitedly.

Over the rim of her coffee cup, Hani watched as Chanyeol's eyes almost bulged out of their sockets, and she smiled. She enjoyed that sight immensely. And he had every reason to be surprised. She was still in shock over her own surprise.

"Really?!" Chanyeol squealed. Yup, Chanyeol squealed. And a few heads turned their way. Normally, Hani would hide her face, but this time, she just didn't care. Even Luhan, who was standing behind the counter looked their way, but Hani smiled at him, and shook her head, indicating that everything was fine.

He flashed her his iest smirk, and Hani died a little inside. She recognized that 'smirk'. The right corner of his lips would lift, and it would look like he was winking. He used to do it all the time when he found someone he could flirt with. It was an expression he mastered well, and she was sure he spent hours in front of the mirror just perfecting it.

"Wait a minute, you guys are totally lying right? When does Luhan get off work? I'll ask him myself."

"In 5 minutes time."

Chanyeol leaned back into the chair and crossed his arms. He still had the look of disbelieve on his face when he suddenly lunged forward, leaning in close to Hani. He furrowed his brow. "How can you be with Luhan when you're with Yixing?"

The smile from Hani's face slipped and Hana nudged Chanyeol's ribs. Her boyfriend had the worst timing ever. Why couldn't he just keep his big fat mouth shut? She could see how upset Hani became and growled under her breath in annoyance.

Chanyeol flinched. "What? I was just asking."

"You didn't have to-"

"No, it's ok Hana. Your boyfriend's an idiot. We all know that." Hani cut in as she glared at Chanyeol. Why did he have to talk about Yixing now when she was just starting to enjoy being Luhan's girlfriend? Stupid, stupid Chanyeol. It wasn't that she didn't want to think about Yixing, it was more of the fact that she hadn't completely forgotten him, at least not yet.

"Not that it's any of your business Chanyeol, but Yixing broke up with me."

"Oh."

Hana waved her hand nonchalantly. "Let's not talk about this anymore." She said, dismissing the topic. "Let's talk about our annual ball. When are we going to get out dress Hani? The ball's next month!"

"We still have a few more weeks Hana, I'm sure we'll have time." Hani replied. She could see Luhan walking towards them and silently prayed that her expression was just right. She didn't want to look upset in front of him even though right at that moment, she did feel like crying a little inside. Stupid giant Chanyeol.

"And your date for the ball?" Hana teased as Luhan came within earshot.

Hani chuckled and shrugged offhandedly. "Dunno. No one asked me yet."

"Hey! I asked you two days ago!" Luhan exclaimed as he slid into the seat next to Hani. He immediately reached for her hand and placed a kiss on her palm, sending her toes tingling, and Chanyeol scoffing.

"But Luhan kissed Hani's hand all the time." Chanyeol said with a huff. "Dude, is it true that you and Hani are together now?"

Luhan chuckled. "Why? Do you need proof? I don't mind kissing her right now. I've been dying to since 2 hours ago."

Hani's cheeks flamed and she hit his shoulder lightly. "No no, we don't have to proof anything to this idiot. Let's just go."

"Where are you guys going?!" Chanyeol shouted to their retreating backs.

Hani turned around and stuck her tongue out at him before she waved goodbye to Hana. "Don't be a busybody Chanyeol! Bye Hana! See you later!"

"So where are we going?" Luhan asked when they walked out hand in hand. Hani could see other girls checking Luhan out, and she gripped his hand tighter and pulled him closer to her. He was precious goods. She wasn't about to let anyone steal him from her.

"Anywhere. I don't care as long as I'm with you." Hani grinned. Luhan pulled her to a stop and tugged at her hand, turning her towards him and forcing her to look at him. He raised his eyebrow questioningly at her, and leaned in. "You know what, you really shouldn't say stuff like that. Don't flirt with me Hani."

"Why not?" She asked, her eyes wide and innocent.

Luhan, not caring that they were in public pushed her against the lamp post, causing Hani to let loose a small surprised gasp. He emitted a deep growl in his throat before he crashed his lips on her, catching her off guard. She definitely did not see that coming.

When his brain was finally in need of air he pulled back, giving her lower lip one last tug. Hani was breathless when he detached himself from her, her vision clouded by stars. This was the first time he kissed her with such passion, and if she was being completely honest, she absolutely loved it.

An elderly lady who walked past gave them a disapproving glare, and Hani blushed. She was so caught up in pure bliss that she had momentarily forgotten where they were. Then she glanced at Luhan, happy to see that he was still slightly panting. She couldn't believe that she had that kind of effect on him.

"Hmm... Maybe I should flirt more if that's what I'm gonna get." She said with a flirtatious smile.

He leaned in and placed a kiss on her cheek before they continued walking. "I swear to God Hani, if you do it when we're not in public, I might not be able to stop myself."

"Maybe I don't want you to stop." Hani replied with a teasing smirk.

The corner of Luhan's lips lifted and he winked at her. "Shall we go back to the apartment then?"

Hani giggled. "You are one dirty dirty guy Mr. Lu."

"Hey! You were the one who started it first!" Luhan defended himself.

"Whatever. Let's just go and eat. I'm hungry."

Luhan chuckled. "But you're always hungry."

They had a nice lunch, talking about nothing in particular. Her view during lunch was completely mesmerizing. They were sitting by the big glass windows, and with the rays that penetrated through, Luhan was bathed in the shining sunlight. And it was simply breathtaking. Goodness, how was this even real? He looked like a freaking angel. How can the man she was secretly in love with for the past twenty years be sitting in front of her as her boyfriend? As someone who was completely in love with her? It just didn't make any sense. How could she be so lucky?

"Hey..." Luhan softly said as he reached for her hand. "Why are you so quiet? What are you thinking about?"

Hani shook her head, snapping out of her reverie. She couldn't express it in words, the way she felt. And even if she tried, she would fail miserably. "Nothing." She said with a reassuring glance at him. "Shall we go?"

"Where do you have in mind?" Luhan asked when they were finally outside.

Hani leaned her head against his shoulder and looked up adoringly at him. "I told you. I don't care as long as I'm with you."

"That's fine and dandy and all but Hani, getting us lost is not my main priority right now, even if I'm lost with you."

Hani giggled and pointed at the straight road ahead. "Let's just go straight for now and take the bus home when we're tired."

"Call." Luhan replied. "So tell me, when did you start having feelings for me?"

"Honestly," Hani softly said. "I don't know. I mean, I guess my little crush started when you saved me from that big bully that stole my teddy bear..."

"7 years old." Luhan said glancing at her. "You've really loved me that long?"

Hani laughed as she cupped his porcelain cheeks in her palms. "Why are you suddenly asking me this? What brought this on?"

Luhan looked at her seriously, and tightly gripped her waist. He stared at her with a fierce intensity, and she bit her lip anxiously. Why was he looking at her like that?

"I love you." He whispered. "Hani, I love you. I promise I will always be here for you. And I promise to always love you from now on, with all my heart. Forever."

Hani pressed her lips together, trying hard to prevent herself from bursting into tears. The things this guy say could melt even the coldest of women. It sounded to her like Luhan considered her as the center of his universe now, as his sun as he revolved around her. Was he really willing to succumb to her every need? She was so speechless that all she could do was nod her head at him, and one traitorous tear made an escape and rolled down her cheek, causing Luhan to take a step back.

"Oh God, why are you crying?" He questioned worriedly.

Hani let loose an incredulous laugh and wiped the lone tear away. "Nothing. It's just... I love you too."

"And that's sad because?"

"I'm not sad! It's just," Hani stared at their intertwined hands and laughed again. "We're holding hands Lu, and I just... never thought I'd ever have a chance with you. "

Luhan gripped her hand tighter and brought it back to his lips. "Let me assure you Hani that no other girl will ever have a chance with me after you completely stole my heart."

She giggled, feeling giddy at his choice of cheesy words. Was he always going to serve her such cheesy platters from now on?

"Hey... where are we?" Luhan wondered out loud.

Hani, after getting over her initial giddiness, looked up and glanced around. They weren't lost were they?

"Oh I know where we are!" She said after catching sight of the street name. Then she stopped walking, and Luhan furrowed his brow at her. "Why did you stop?"

"Lu, let's not go this way "

"Why?"

"This is Deoksugong Path Lu! Legend says that if you walk down this path with your significant other, then we'll split real soon."

"And why is that?"

"Because in ancient times, those couples that wanted a divorce had to walk down this path to go the court."

Luhan snickered and shook his head. "Since when do you believe in legends and superstitions Hani?"

Hani her lips nervously. "I don't. But I'd rather not risk it."

"But the nearest bus stop is down this path." Luhan said as he tugged her hand. "C'mon, let's just go. Those legends aren't even real. What's real is the love we feel for each other. Walking down this path won't change that."

Hani allowed herself to be pulled, although she did still have some qualms about it. All legends held some shred of truth somehow. If not, it wouldn't have started at all.

And besides, all good things must come to an end... right?

 

Chapter Posted on: Jul. 11. 2015

 

Enjoy! So sorry for the late update! And to everyone who missed Yixing, he'll be back real soon. I left a huge clue at the end. Can anybody give me their best guess? ;)