five

7 Minutes in Heaven

It was close to 3AM when everybody finally left. Needless to say, after her wonderful 7 minutes in heaven, Hani had no idea how the rest of the night went. Yixing had quietly asked for her number when they exited her room, and she happily gave it to him. Heck, she was more than willing to give him her mind and soul and all four limbs if he had asked for it. It was just too difficult to resist that cute and adorable face.

Luhan had pestered her for information, but she sent him out to the grocery store for some ramen. Not that she wanted any. She was too full from happiness to eat anything. She just wanted him to get out of her face for a little while. How did she ever put up with him?

Maybe she should find him a girlfriend. Yeah. His last girlfriend was 4 months ago. He had nothing to do, nothing to keep him occupied, which was why he kept sticking his long nose into her business. She should find someone for him. Then maybe, just maybe, he’ll finally leave her the hell alone.

She was drying her long black hair when Luhan poked his head into her room.

“I got your ramen.” He said with a goofy smile.

“I’m really not hungry.” Hani shrugged. The presence of Yixing lingered still, and she just wanted to crash on her bed and soak it all in. Without Luhan being in the way.

“Aww what? You asked me to go buy in the middle of the night and then you tell me you’re not hungry?!” He sounded slightly annoyed, and Hani stuck her tongue out at him. “That’s what you get for being annoying. Now go away and let me sleep. It’s freaking three in the morning.”

“Fine. In that case...” Luhan took off his jacket and threw himself on her bed. “Let me sleep here tonight.”

Hani raised her eyebrow at him, and stood up from the chair. Luhan’s breath stopped short. The room was in semi-darkness, and in the soft light, she glowed. It was mesmerizing, the way she looked. And she was wearing the shortest of shorts she owned. Since when did she own such piece of clothing? And since when did she have such long legs? They looked almost endless. Why did he never notice that before? He watched as she sauntered towards him, imagining it all in slow motion. Why was she suddenly so attractive to him?

“Where am I going to sleep?” She whined at him. She tried to push him off the bed, but he wouldn’t budge.

“Right here.” Luhan replied, patting the spot next to him.

Hani scoffed. “Yeah right, like I can fit there. This bed is tiny for two. So go sleep in the living room. Besides, you know I thrash in my sleep.”

“You’ve given me a black eye before, I don't think I’d ever forget that.” Luhan countered. “Just lie down. I’ll hold you tight. Then you won’t move as much.”

Hani looked quizzically at him, trying to figure out what had gotten into her best friend today. Luhan gulped anxiously. Was he being that obvious? He didn't care at all that she thrashed in her sleep, he just wanted to fall asleep with her in his arms.

Ever so slowly, Hani placed herself beside Luhan, trying her hardest not to shift so much. Maybe figuring out Luhan could wait until tomorrow. Right now, she was just too tired to think about anything but Yixing.

“So what’d you guys do just now?” Luhan whispered into her neck.

His breath tickled her shoulder, and Hani looked at him through one eye. “Seriously? We’re still there?”

“Can’t you just tell me? I’m your best friend.” Luhan pouted. Any girl would’ve kissed him senseless whenever he did that, but he knew it wouldn’t work on Hani. Regardless, it was worth a try.

“I didn't even tell Hana anything and she’s my twin.”

“Fine. Don't tell me. I don't care.”

“You shouldn’t have cared in the first place.” Hani argued.

“Let’s go eat ramen. “ Luhan said, changing the topic. It was pointless. She was never going to tell him. He just had to wait until Hani tells Hana and Hana tells Chanyeol before that big monkey blabs everything to him.

“Luhannn, I’m sleepy.” Hani whined again. “Can’t we just go to sleep?”

“But I want to eat ramen. And I want to try out that kiss scene from Lady and the Tramp.” Luhan said with a grin.

Hani’s eyebrow shot up into her hairline, the feeling of bewilderment creeping under her skin. Her hand flew to his forehead, trying to test his temperature. He could be sick. Maybe that was why he was acting so peculiar.

“Luhan, are you ok?” She asked, slightly worried.

Luhan swatted her hand away but kept his gaze on her. “I’m perfectly fine.”

“Really? Because you have been acting super weird around me today.”

“Weird? How?” Luhan said softly.

“You’ve been saying really inappropriate things to me.” Hani replied as she furrowed her brow. “Things that a guy says to his girlfriend, not best friend.”

Luhan pursed his lips, wondering how to tell her. Ever since Yixing couldn't stop talking about her two months ago, he’d been thinking about her. How was it that Yixing noticed every single thing about her that he failed to notice? Her beautiful jet black hair, the way she looked in her black skinny jeans and red converse, the way she scrunched up her nose when in deep thought. Everything about her was attractive. Why couldn't he have noticed that first?

He was jealous, that was true. But he didn't think he loved her, at least not in a romantic way. He just didn't like other guys looking at her. He never had to deal with sharing her before, maybe that was why he was so against Yixing liking her.

Or maybe, he was just kidding himself. Maybe he was already falling for her. He just didn't want to admit it yet.

 “Maybe you should get me a girlfriend.” He finally said, trying to cover everything up. He needed time to think about this whole thing. He was starting to sound weird to himself too.

Hani yawned and snuggled closer to him. “Mmm... I’ll see what I can do.” She murmured sleepily.

Luhan placed a soft kiss on her forehead and wished her goodnight. It was a gesture that he always did with her, so why was it that tonight, his heart fluttered?

Before they could both drift off to dreamland however, her phone dinged, signalling an incoming message. She turned around to reach for her phone, her back to Luhan. It was a message from Yixing, and her tired eyes lit up with unexpected freshness.

Can’t wait to see you tomorrow. Sweet dreams. Xoxo

Hani smiled to herself, hugging her phone in glee. Yixing, the boy she had been crushing on for three years, couldn't wait to see her tomorrow. What were the odds? What was she going to wear? Maybe she could borrow one of Hana’s dresses again. She made her way into dreamland, hand in hand with the iest man of the year, Yixing.

And even though she never noticed it, Luhan’s grip around her waist had tightened ever so slightly. 


Chapter Posted on: May 21. 2015

You people are awesome! Thanks for subscribing! I love you all! ^^ Hope you guys like this chapter!