four

7 Minutes in Heaven

The walk to her room was super short. Hani felt as if she flew there like Wendy. Before she could even blink, she was already inside. Yixing was standing by the window, his back to her. What was he thinking? He was staring out the window. Was he wondering if he could jump out? Hani wondered. It was four storeys high, but he could handle a broken leg right? At least then he didn't have to be stuck in ‘heaven’ with her. Was that what he was thinking?  She prayed that her 7 minutes in heaven wouldn’t turn into 7 minutes in hell. She just wished she was still alive after all of this was over.

She heard the door closed shut, she knew that her ‘7 minutes in heaven’ had finally started.

Was fate handing romance on a silver platter or was she playing a really cruel joke on her?

Awkward silence. That was the first thing she noticed as soon as they were left alone. She had never been so uncomfortable before, not in her room at least. This was where she sleep and change for God’s sake, she shouldn’t be so nervous!

She cleared , and Yixing turned around. She tried not to stare at him, but it was really difficult not to. He was there, just standing there for her to admire him in all his glory.

He smiled at her, and her heart teetered dangerously over the edge. He was smiling at her.   

“Uhh Hani right?” He asked softly. His dimples deepened as he spoke, and her knees shook. Goodness Yixing, what are you trying to do to me?!

Hani nodded her head. “... Yixing right?”

Duh! Her subconscious yelled at her. Of course it’s Yixing! It’s the same bloody Yixing that you’ve liked for 3 years! Now he’s standing right in front of you in your damn room and all you wanted to do was confirm his name?! You have got to be kidding me!

He chuckled, slowly making his way to the edge of her bed. Hani could see her bra on the chair, and subtly covered it up with a scarf she found on the table. If he saw that and made a comment about it, she could literally die of embarrassment.

“Yeah. That’s me.” He said, his smile widening.

Ok, what was she supposed to say next? One minute had already passed.

“You and Hana looked... very different.”

Hani’s face fell. He wasn’t the first person to say it. In fact, she knew exactly what he was trying to say. He meant to say that she wasn’t as good as Hana, that she wasn’t as beautiful as Hana,that she wasn’t as outspoken and outgoing like Hana. That she wasn’t Hana.

That always left Chanyeol’s friend quite disappointed. Whenever they go out for double dates, Chanyeol’s friend would always be excited at first, knowing that there was another person who looked just like Hana, only to have their excitement crushed into regret when they got Hani instead. It was upsetting really. She tried not to show it to Hana, only letting it all out whenever Hana wasn’t around. But she supposed she was used to it. She was different from Hana. She wasn’t Hana. There was nothing she could do about that.

Hani was quiet for quite some time, and Yixing realised that he must’ve said the wrong thing. He quickly shook his head and stood up from the bed, stuffing his hands in his jeans’ pockets as he walked towards her.

“That’s not what I meant.” He said as he scratched his head. Maybe she didn't like to be compared to her sister. “I didn't mean to compare. And besides, it’s not bad different. It’s... good different.”

Hani looked at him, confused. What was he trying to say now?

“I mean,” He continued. “I always see you-“

“You do?” She asked, a tinge of hope in her voice. When did he ever see her? She rarely let him see her. She was never around Luhan when he was with him, she was never around Sehun or Chanyeol when they hung out. So when did he actually see her?

“Yeah. Library.”

“You go to libraries?” Hani asked stupidly.

“Ouch.” Yixing said, feigning hurt as he placed his hand over his heart. “I’m deeply offended Hani.”

“No, no! I mean, the other boys outside don't even know where the library is...”

“I’m different too you know.” Yixing said, showing his dimple once again.

Her legs felt like jelly. It was as if someone had put a stove underneath her feet to literally melt her from the inside, and it felt so scary and good at the same time, knowing that it was Yixing that was doing all this to her.

Hani flashed him a small smile. “Yeah, I guess you are.”

“I wish we didn't meet like this. It’s so awkward.” He sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck. “I’m not a big fan of awkwardness.”

Hani dropped her head, disappointment and sadness flooding through her once again. She only had another three minutes with him, she didn't have time to feel sad!

“I’m sorry.” She said quietly. “Maybe it would’ve been better if you were with your girlfriend instead-“

“Whoa whoa. Girlfriend?” Yixing asked in surprise.

Hani furrowed her brow. “That girl you came with. Isn’t she your girlfriend?”

Yixing laughed out loud, and it sounded like music to Hani’s ears. Seriously, even Beethoven couldn't compare to it. And that lady-killer dimple. She couldn't get enough of that beautiful dimple. Seriously, if he was being mugged by a lady thief, he could just flash his dimple and the lady thief would die right away, no weapon needed.

“She’s... not... my... girlfriend.” He said in between his laughter. “She’s my little cousin. She wanted to come along because she has a major crush on Sehun.”

“Oh.”

Hani’s spirit soared like a black eagle, light and free. It was amazing how one simple sentence could turn a person’s mood 360 degrees around. She was so happy she could kiss him. Right now.

“I’m still single.” He continued, the ghost of a smile still on his lips.

Two more minutes.

“What about you?” He asked. “Maybe you would’ve preferred Luhan in here instead of me.”

“Erm, why do you say that?” Hani asked, slightly bewildered. Not in a million years. Luhan was not Yixing. And Luhan couldn't melt her like jelly. Only Yixing could.

It was Yixing’s turn to be confused. “Aren’t you and Luhan like together or something? He barely left your side the whole night.”

See, this was why she hated Luhan sometimes. He could ruin everything.

“Luhan and I aren’t together.” Hani replied hastily, not wanting him to get the wrong idea. “He’s my best friend. We’ve been best friends since we were five. He was always much closer to me than Hana. So yeah, he’s not my boyfriend.”

Were her eyes playing tricks on her or was that a glimmer of relief and hope she saw on Yixing’s face? Why was that? Was he happy that she was not with Luhan?

“So you’re single too.” He stated matter-of-factly.

“Yeah.”

“So we’re both single.” He repeated again.

Hani wanted to pull her hair out. Where was he going with this?! Was he implying something she was secretly thinking?!

He was advancing slowly towards her, and her heart beat harder against her ribcage. It was like a magazine model coming to life. She had never seen anything more beautiful than him at that moment. She wanted to collapse, but she held her ground. Was he flirting with her?!

“Hey, I was wondering. I’ve been having troubles with Statistics. Could you help me out Say tomorrow? I’ll come pick you up and we can study together.” He winked.

Oh my God, was he asking her out on a date?!

“Erm, like a date?” She didn't mean to blurt that out loud. She wanted to facepalm herself. She shouldn’t have said that out loud.

Yixing  chuckled , the corner of his mouth lifting ily. “Yeah. A date.”

Her face decided to present him with a gigantic smile, and her fingers trembled. She felt as if her head was going to split in half. Her smile was so wide. She was over the moon. Yixing just asked her out on a date. It was a study date, but whatever, it was still a date. As long as she get to spend more time with him, she was okay with that.

He took another step closer to her. Any minute now, the door to her room would open and someone would come in telling them that time was up, but she wished right at that moment, she could freeze time. He was so close to her. if she tilted her head just a little bit, their noses would touch. What was he trying to do?

“You have something right here.” He whispered as he reached out to touch her face. Her knees buckled as his thumb made contact with her cheek. Was he going to kiss her? Should she her lips first?

He was leaning in and by that moment, all common sense left Hani. All she could see was his plush soft pink lips inches from hers. Should she lean in too?

But before she had the chance to do so, the door banged open and she heard the most annoying voice ever. 

"Time's up guys!"

Trust Luhan to ruin everything. She hated Luhan. 


Chapter Posted on: May 21 2015