six

7 Minutes in Heaven

“Where are you going?”

“Nowhere.”

“Seriously Hani, where are you going?” Luhan asked. He was sitting at the edge of Hani’s bed, and she would like nothing more than to kick him off it. He was such a pain in the .

“Seriously Luhan, it’s none of your business.” Hani snapped as she applied another coat of blusher on her cheeks.

On her full, plump cheeks, Luhan thought. He wanted to run his fingers over them, to be the cause of their redness. Well, he supposed he was. Only it wasn’t the kind that he liked. She was angry with him.

“Why can’t you just tell me?” He whined as he followed her out the door. “There must be a reason why you’re getting dressed up.” He persisted.

“Library.” She spun on her heels, almost knocking him over. She could see Hana and Chanyeol lounging on the sofa, and she had had enough of Luhan’s questions. “Library.” She repeated. “I’m going to the library. If you really wanna know.”

“But you’re all dressed up.” Luhan said, pointing at her sundress. She should really wear more dresses. “Don't tell me you’re getting dressed up for Albert Einstein.”

Hani stomped her foot in annoyance. “Yes Luhan! I’m getting dressed up for Albert Einstein! And while I’m at it, I might as well dress up for Isaac Newton and Alexander Fleming! Good God, it’s really none of your business! Why can’t you just leave me the hell alone?!”

She didn't mean to shout at him. And she probably did take things a little step too far, but he was pushing her limit. So what if she dressed up today? She had dressed up occasionally over the years but he never made any comments about it. So what was so different about today that he had to say something about it?

She saw the hurt flashed across his face, but she was too aggravated to care. She turned around and marched out of the house, choosing to wait downstairs for Yixing instead. She didn't want him to see Luhan or Chanyeol or Hana for that matter. She didn't want him to see anyone but her.

“You look beautiful.” His soft voice startled her, and all the previous anger faded away. She plastered a smile on her face and turned around. She was ready to greet him, only to have the greeting die on her lips. Yixing was looking like a supermodel again. His hair was swept to the side, and he was wearing a leather jacket so shiny that she could see her face on it. Sort of.  Whatever. He looked gorgeous.

“You don't look so bad yourself.” She finally managed to choke out. That wasn’t the vocabulary that she had in mind, but if she was to say what she was thinking, Yixing would run away.

He grinned. “Shall we go?”

Only then did she notice that he wasn’t carrying a bag pack. She furrowed her brow. Weren't they having a study date?

“Where’s your bag?” She enquired as they began to walk.

“Oh yeah, about that. I was thinking since the weather’s so nice, maybe we could walk around town or something. Instead of being stuck in a coffee shop.” He said, slowly looking at her.  Yixing was trying to read her expression, but she was giving nothing away. Or at least she tried not to.But it was just too damn difficult to keep the happiness bottled up inside.

Hani stopped walking, her face breaking into a smile that could rival that of a chesire cat.  Her heart was already doing jumping jacks against her ribcage. Was that what he had in mind in the first place?

“Yixing.” She pulled on his sleeve and they stopped walking.

“Yeah?” He said as he raised his eyebrow.

 “We weren’t really going to study were we?” Hani asked in a teasing tone.

Bless him! He was blushing! That was the cutest thing Hani ever saw. On his fair skin, two red dots appeared, adding to his already handsome features. She just made him blush. She never thought in a million years that she even had the power to do that. The butterflies in Hani’s stomach took off, leaving behind nothing but a surge of confidence in their trails.

“I thought maybe if I said date, you might not want to come.” Yixing explained slowly.

“If you had just asked, I’d definitely say yes.” Hani replied with a grin. “C’mon, let’s go.”

They spent the majority of the morning walking around Seoul city. At some point during their date, Yixing had caught her hand in his large one, and had kept it there ever since. Not that she minded of course. It felt so right, like a puzzle piece returning to their designated place. His grip was firm and tight, like he was never going to let go of her, ever. She felt safe with him and it was a feeling she really loved.

They had been walking around for two hours when Yixing suddenly pulled her to a stop,

:”What’s wrong?” She asked.

“Hani, are you sure you and Luhan don't have anything?” He whispered quietly.

“I thought this,” Hani raised their intertwined hands, “says it all. I don't like Luhan like that Yixing.”

“Then why has he been following us for the past hour?”

“What?” Hani hissed. She was about to turn around before Yixing grabbed her into his embrace,

“Don’t turn. Then he’ll know we know.” He said softly.

Hani sighed against his shoulder. She should really get herself a baseball bat and knock some sense into him. In fact, maybe she should just knock him senseless. That seemed to be the only choice she had with him.

Although, maybe she should let him watch what he came to see.

“Do you trust me?” Hani breathed into Yixing’s ear.

“Are you going to kiss me?”

It shocked Hani that he had caught on so fast, and she giggled. “Will you run away if I do?”

“Will you run away if I deepen the kiss?” Yixing asked back. Ever since he saw her this morning, he had wanted to plant a kiss on her lips. But being the gentleman that he was, he refrained himself from doing so. It was way too soon, way too quick.

But now fate was giving him an opportunity he couldn't refuse, and he’d be damned if he didn't take it.

“Do you have any idea how attractive you sounded?” Hani whispered. Her legs were already turning jelly, and the only thing that prevented her from melting into a pool of goo at his feet was the fact that she was still holding on to him.

Yixing pulled away and smirked at her. He could see Luhan around the corner spying on them. He was so confused. Was there a reason why he was watching them in the first place? Did he harbour a secret crush on Hani? Or was it because Hana had asked him to spy on her behalf? That was highly unlikely. He was sure that once the date was over, Hani would recount every single detail to Hana. They were twins after all.

“I’m going to kiss you now.” He softly said, and Hani thought if she died at that very moment, she would die happy.

She knew Luhan was watching. And she was still angry with him about earlier. So she leaned in, wrapping her arms around Yixing’s waist. She was going to give him a show.

Yixing, wasting no time, met her halfway. The moment their lips clashed, he could’ve sworn he heard fireworks exploding. He wasn’t expecting an explosion, but that was what he got. And he loved every second of it.

Hani felt as if someone was setting her on fire. Every vain in her body felt hot, every senses alert. She was very much aware of how sweet he tasted, how soft his lips felt against hers, and how expertly he was manoeuvring them. She knew he has had practice before her, but she hoped she was going to be the last person he ever kissed.

Luhan’s shoulders slumped into the ground. They looked like they were enjoying themselves. And that was her first kiss too. He couldn't believe that Yixing stole her first kiss. They looked genuinely happy, and he wondered how much of a jerk he had been. Maybe it was time he let her go. She had every right to be with someone she likes. She didn't have to spend 24 hours of her day with him.

Or maybe it was time to get a drink. 


Chapter Posted on: May. 25.2015