thirteen

7 Minutes in Heaven

“Hana, this is-“

“Good right?! It’s bloody awesome! Sehun and I spent the whole of last night writing it!” Hana beamed at her twin. “This will get us the grade that you so badly wanted!”

Hani furrowed her brow, her eyes lingering on the dialogue in her hand. It wasn’t the dialogue that was bothering her, it was what she had to do with Luhan at the very end that worried her. She wasn’t sure what to make of it. How were they going to do that anyway?

“Hana, I don't think I can go through with this.” Hani said hesitantly. “I don't think Yixing will like it very much either.”

“C’mon Hani! It’s all just acting! If my boyfriend can be gay, then why can’t you kiss your best friend?” Hana replied with slight exasperation. “I’m sure Yixing will understand. It’s not even real ok? Just read through it again and memorise what you can. I called Luhan for rehearsal so he should be here soon. There’s not much time left before the performance.”

Hana walked away, leaving her twin alone in the living room. If she was being completely honest, Sehun had opened up her eyes to something quite remarkable. Chanyeol had mentioned it to her once, but she had waved it off as mere rumours. Now though, now she wasn’t so sure. Yesterday when she was writing the script with Sehun, she had observed Luhan. It was obvious that Luhan was not comfortable with the idea of Yixing and Hani. In fact, she had seen the green evil monster that was just dying to come out of him. Luhan was jealous. And it wasn’t until she had completed the dialogue did she realise that Luhan liked her sister, loved even. After 20 years, Luhan finally loved her. And Hana didn't know whether she was happy or angry with him. Why did it take him this long? Why now when she already had someone?

The kiss scene wasn’t her idea at all. But Sehun had convinced her to write it in, and plus, it would be interesting to see how it all played out in the end. She wasn’t trying to meddle in her sister’s relationship, Yixing was just perfect for her. He was everything her sister wanted. But Luhan had been there for her since the beginning. Maybe Luhan was a more perfect choice. Besides, in their 20 years friendship, it was impossible that Hani didn't feel an ounce of love towards Luhan. Not when he looked like a freaking Zeus and had girls kissing the ground he walked on anyway.

The doorbell rang, startling Hani out her reverie. Throwing the dialogue aside, she strode towards the door, knowing Luhan was waiting on the other side. She was suddenly so nervous. The last time they kissed Luhan was drunk, and it was something they never spoke of again. Now they were both sober and in their right state of mind, wouldn’t it be awkward?

“You look like the dinosaur just ran over you or something.” Luhan said as he stepped in. “Where’s everyone?”

“Hi Lu! Bye Lu! I’m going to see Chanyeol. Have fun! Practice hard!” Hana whizzed past him, not even giving him or Hani the chance to say a word. She slammed the door as she walked out, making the nervous Hani even more anxious.

Luhan snickered before he threw himself on the couch. “What’s up with her?”

“Erm, I don't know.” Hani shrugged. “Hey, why don't you read through the dialogue first. I’m gonna go take a shower.”

Luhan shook his head, wondering why the twins were acting weird. Hani was more fidgety than usual and Hana didn't even look his way. He picked up the dialogue and scanned through it. By the time he was done, he realised why Hani had looked uncomfortable. He rubbed the back of his neck slowly. Now he was nervous. Was it really necessary to place that scene in there? And why did the dialogue have to reflect his current situation? It couldn't be that they knew the predicament he was in? Or did Chanyeol tell them? He was going to kill that tall lanky dude.

“Hey... hmm, yeah, I’m sleeping. I’ll just see you tomorrow ok?”

Luhan heard the murmur before Hani appeared in front of him, and he raised his eyebrow. “You are clearly not sleeping.”

“Right.” Hani replied, placing her phone on the table. “But Yixing wanted to come over and I don't think... well, you know. Besides, we have to practice this stupid dialogue. Can you believe what they wrote?”

“Yeah, but there’s no time to make any more changes though right?” Luhan said as his eyes strayed to the last scene once again. If truth be told, he was glad and was secretly thanking Hana and Sehun in his mind. If not for this dialogue, when would he ever get to kiss her again without her pushing him away?

It was 3AM when they finally perfected the script, always leaving out the last scene. How were they going to practice kissing? Was there even such a thing? Shouldn’t it just... happen like magic? But Hani was not yet sleepy, and she so badly wanted the grade. So in the spur of the moment, she asked him the question that had been bugging her since they started rehearsing.

“Do you want to?” She asked quietly. They were sitting on the balcony, the light of the full moon shining brightly on them. If they were a couple, it would’ve been quite romantic. If it was Yixing, they would’ve probably made out by now. But it wasn’t Yixing next to her. it was Luhan. And with Luhan, there were things she couldn't do with him, even though she had just asked if he wanted to kiss her.

“Want to what?” He asked just as quietly. His heart rate had started to increase, and he could feel beads of sweats forming on his forehead.

“Pra-practice that kiss scene.” Hani said, not looking at him. How could she even look at him?

“I thought you wanted to... do it on stage. One take.” Luhan said as he looked at her. He was trying to read her expression, but this was the first time in 20 years that he couldn't read her.

“What if it turns out all awkward and stuff? Then they’ll know we haven’t practiced at all.” Hani grumbled.

It sounded cute to Luhan’s ears, and he let out a sudden chuckle. Hani looked at him, and the crease in between her eyebrows deepened. How could he laugh at such a time?

“Aigoo. You really want that grade don't you?” He grinned.

“We all do. You especially. You’re just getting by you know.” Hani scowled at him.

Luhan laughed, lightening the dense atmosphere around them. He turned her chair towards him, and instructed her to close her eyes. With sudden courage that he dug up out of nowhere, he leaned in and placed a quick kiss on her lips, before detaching himself from her a second later.

And Hani could’ve sworn her heart skipped a beat, literally.

The smile on his face was adorable. And the feel of his lips was heavenly. But it was way too short.

“We can’t kiss like that!” Hani exclaimed. “There’s no emotion! It doesn’t even feel sincere! Can’t you do it properly Luhan?”

It sounded like a challenge to him, so he shifted closer to her, and raised his eyebrow at her. “Trust me Hani, if I do it properly, you’d immediately leave Yixing and come to me.”

Hani was taken aback for a moment, before she regained her composure. Two can play at that game. Did he think she was scared? Plus, wasn’t it all just acting anyway? There was no way she was going to fall for him after one kiss. Besides, they had kissed already and he had absolutely no effect on her whatsoever. So it shouldn’t be much different this time.

“I’ll be the judge of that Lu.” Hani whispered almost seductively. “Why don’t we oomph-“

She never got to finish her sentence. Luhan had swooped in for the kiss and had rendered her completely speechless. His kiss was gentle, almost as if he was afraid she was going to shatter like a piece of china. He held the back of her neck supportively, just as he deepened the kiss. By then, Hani’s heart had skipped a million beats and even the butterflies in her stomach were multiplying by millions. It felt... good. He felt good. Hani knew deep in her heart that she shouldn’t feel like this, that only Yixing was allowed to make her feel like this, but she couldn't help herself. There was a sense of urgency in the way he kissed, and Hani was kissing back with as much force. What has gotten into her? She should’ve pushed him away 3 minutes ago but 3 minutes later, they were still locking lips. Her arms felt heavy at her sides, and she just didn't feel like pushing him away. It was wrong, she has a boyfriend for God’s sake. But tonight, at 3AM, it felt right. And tonight at 3AM, she was going to let it go, just once.

Luhan couldn't believe it. She had let him kiss her. In fact, they were still very much kissing. He could hear his heart beating rapidly, and he was so desperately craving for oxygen, but he kept on kissing her, because God knows if he’ll ever get the chance again. She might not let him kiss her again, might even insist that the kiss scene be taken out of the script. But no matter, he was going to kiss her now to his heart’s content because surprisingly, she was still not pushing him away. In fact, she was kissing him with as much fervour, so much so that he was shocked and surprised and excited all at the same time.

When he finally did pull away, he could see her cheeks were painted red and the corner of his lips lifted. He was at last the cause of her beautiful red cheeks, and it was the most beautiful colour he had ever seen. He trailed a few more kisses down her jawline. He knew he was crossing the line, but tonight, under the bright moonlight, he was braver and bolder. And after all this while, Hani still hasn’t pushed him away, which he took as a good sign.

“So?” Luhan whispered in her ear.

She stared deep into his eyes, suddenly in a daze. What the hell just happened? Did she just let Luhan kiss her? Her phone suddenly rang, distracting her from his beautiful face. She stood up from the chair shakily, and made her way inside. Reaching for her phone, she saw Yixing’s face smiling back at her, and she cupped in horror. What did she just do?

“Hey...” Luhan said, concerned as he stepped closer to her. “Are you ok?”

“Lu-Luhan.” Hani choked out, tears glazing her eyes. “What did we just do?”


Chapter posted on: Jun 13. 2015

Here's another chapter! Enjoyy!