one

7 Minutes in Heaven

She had to say something, anything. She was not going to let her evil twin sister drag her into such a silly and ridiculous game.

Something, anything. Think you stupid brain! Think!

“But... but...” She stammered. “What if... what if I kiss Luhan?” She finally asked, horrified.

Hana raised her perfectly shaped eyebrow at her nerdy twin sister. “So what? He’s a guy, he’s hot! There’s nothing wrong with kissing Luhan.”

“There’s everything wrong with kissing Luhan! He’s not just my best friend, he’s like a brother!”

“Hani yah, just so you know, you only have me in this world. We never, for the past 24 years, have a brother. So you have nothing to worry about. And besides, it’s just a game!”

“Argh! You don't get it! It’s not just a game! It’s my fir-“ Hani stopped herself just in time. She shared everything with her sister, but she wasn’t about to let her twin know that she hasn’t had her first kiss in 24 years. “And anyway, what if Luhan kisses you? Won’t Chanyeol get mad?”

“Ok first of all, Luhan is scared of Chanyeol. So that won’t be a problem. And even if he dares kiss me, Chanyeol will make sure that Luhan won’t be able to breathe through his nose again.” Hana said proudly.

Hani could only sigh. Yeah, even she couldn't deny that Chanyeol was the perfect boyfriend material. She was happy for her twin. They had been going out for more than a year and she had never seen her sister happier. If only she could find one for herself. The truth is, she had already found one. She was just too scared to act on it.

If Chanyeol was perfect, and if her English was terrible, he was ‘perfecter’. He was more than just perfect, he was flawless. There was something in the way he smiles that could melt her like ice cream, and sent shivers down her spine. He had recently dyed his hair blond, and honestly, he had never looked better. She saw him for the first time in English class three years ago, and she had, since then, remained his faithful admirer.

He was like a beautiful scenery, so wide, so vast, so far from her reach. So she took a mental picture of him, and kept it in a secret place in her heart. It was difficult to do anything about it. Hani was not her sister. She was not bold and brave, especially with the opposite gender. She was only close to Luhan because she had seen him in every shape and form, thus no longer considering him as boyfriend material. Not that it was any losses to him. She could never compare to any of his previous girlfriends.

“Hani c’mon! Please let’s just play the game. Please? Hani!” Hana shook her shoulders roughly.

“Yes yes?”

Hana’s eyes lit up. “Yes? Yes as in you’ll play the game?!” She knew that was not what her sister meant, but she was more than willing to take any yeses about now. The boys would be arriving pretty soon, and so will their other friends.

“What? No! That was not what I meant-“

“But you said yes! Which means you’ll play the game. Now go get ready. Yixing’s coming too you know.”

Hani’s stomach dropped to the ground. Yixing’s coming? She took a quick glance in the mirror at her reflection and almost strangled her sister. Yixing was probably gonna look like he just stepped out of a magazine cover while she looked like an ahjumma selling vegetables on the street. She was going to let loose a panic scream through , before she stopped herself. Her twin sister did not know the effect Yixing has on her, and she wasn’t about to let her know either. Hold your horses Hani!

She tried to settle for nonchalance, hoping her sister was too occupied to notice. “He’s not coming.”

“How would you know? I think Luhan invited him along.” Hana winked at her sister. “Maybe it’s not Luhan you’ll kiss. Maybe it’s Yixing!”

“Get lost Hana.”

“Don’t you have like a major crush on him?” Hana teased.

What? No one was supposed to know!

“C’mon Hani. You can’t possibly be thinking you can hide it from me! I’m your twin for God’s sake! You don't even have to say it! I can see it on your face every time we walk past him.” Hana grinned. “Now go get ready. They’ll be here any minute.”

She had no idea what to wear. It was either too prim or proper. Everything she had was just wrong for ‘7 minutes in heaven’. She knew she shouldn’t care about what to wear as long as she had something over her body but this was Yixing they were talking about. The perfect flawless Yixing. And if she didn't put in any effort now, he would never notice her. She might as well just be part of the wall or something.

Hani threw her closet door open again, and finally saw that black dress. She pulled it out and smiled to herself. It wasn’t hers. Hana must’ve put it in there earlier. It was a long sleeve knee length dress, a dress she never thought she’d be wearing. Nevertheless, she put it on and ruffled her hair. Not a minute later, the doorbell rang, and the comb fell from her hand.

Yixing’s here!

Hani took a deep breath before she walked slowly towards their living room. Hana was already opening the door for their guests, and her eyes immediately sought him. True to what she thought, he did look like he just came from a photo shoot, what with his black jeans and blue sparkly jacket. Her heart shook dangerously, not because he was too beautiful to look at, but because there was a girl holding onto his arm.

Yixing has a girlfriend?


Chapter Posted on: May.17. 2015