In The Cold

The Promise

At a park.

After rushing out of his mother's house, he went to a park nearby. He sat on the bench and sighed. "What should I do?" he murmured.

Then, he heard a creaking sound. Seriously, who would be in a park in the middle of the cold? Well, except for Suho. He need to get his brain to clear before he start thinking of the engagement and the cold help him clear his mind. It's actually what Mimi would do whenever she wants to 'empty her mind' before she go for another round of math.

Guess that became a habit. He recall back the memories he had with Mimi.

Then, the creaking sound is heard again. This time, it was slightly louder. That is creepy he thought and start searching for a moving swing.

Then, he saw one. A girl was sitting there with her head hung low. "Excuse me?" he tried to muster his courage though his mind kept playing a scene where the girl is not a person but a ghost.

The girl jumped at the sound of his voice and turned around. Her eyes big, her face pale as she let out a tiny yelp.

"Oh, it's you" the girl said "you scared me" she placed her hand on Suho's arm while the other hand pat her chest trying to calm herself.

"Ru Mi -ssi?" Suho questioned "What are you doing here? I thought you were a ghost making all the creaking sound" he walk to the swing next to her and sat down.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you" she said apologetically.

Suho shook his head "No worries" he said "by the way, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"Oh, I had a fight with my mom over something and I'm here to clear my mind off" she told him her reason "and you?" she gave the question back to the person.

"Clearing my mind too. The cold kind of help the process" he stated.

They nodded and silence took over the park again for a few minutes. "When are you coming tomorrow?" he asked, breaking the silence.

"Around 3 pm. I don't have that much luggage so don't worry" she told him.

Suho was about to ask something when he recieve a phone call. He answered the phone call and heard Kyungsoo saying sorry, repeating it over and over on the phone.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Please don't get mad at us" Kyungsoo started "we didn't mean to make you angry" he heard the others sounded worried in the background.

"What do you mean?" he glanced at Ru Mi who was watching him with her wide eyes.

"You know, about those things we talked about before you rush out of the dorm" his voice was softer now.

"What thing?" Suho asked again as he still don't get what Kyungsoo was saying.

"Well, the thing about you're different because maybe, you like Ru Mi-ssi" he said slowly.

Suho stared blankly at the ground. How did they know I like her? he started to panic. He could feel his cheeks started burning up. If it wasn't for the cold, he might not have any excuse to give to Ru Mi as to why he's getting red if she suddenly ask that question.

"Let's talk about this at the dorm. I'll be back as soon as possible" he told them and excused himself from Ru Mi. "I'm sorry but it seems there's a slight problem at the dorm. If you'll excuse me" he left after getting a nod from her.