Sooyoung's Story

The Promise

Coffee shop, Apgujeong

Rumi walked into the coffee shop and called for Sooyoung. She took a seat at a table in a corner as she wait for Sooyoung to come. She was so excited that she rush to the café the moment the sun rise up. She wanted to tell her that her crush likes her too and they decided to start dating.

She remembered when they return to the dorm last night, everyone was teasing them. Even the manager was teasing them like a kid. They had to deal with their teasing the whole night. There were still some teasing this morning but not as bad as last night.

“She’s a monster” Rumi heard a girl said to her friend and remembered how the moment the members received a call from Sayoung, they started crying.

Rumi chuckled at the thought. She remember Tao whining “Noona, come back here now! Rumi-ssi is scary!” he said. Sehun even added “She’s a monster! A monster!” earning a chuckle from the other side of the phone.

“I told you that she’s a monster the first day she came. I was right that only a monster can control monsters” she said and they all whine saying that they are not monsters.

“By the way, I got a baby girl. Her name is Sora” she said and everyone congratulated her.

Sooyoung sat in front of Rumi and cleared when she saw that the other didn’t realise that she was there. “So, what do you want to talk about?” she asked making the other girl snap out of her thought.

“Oh, Sooyoung” she started “remember my crush?” she asked and continued when she received a nod “I found out that he likes me too and we’re together now. I mean together, together. Like dating, couple together” she said excitedly.

Sooyoung’s eyes widened when she heard the news and lips pulled into a big smile “Really? That sounds impossible. I mean, you know, he’s you know what and you’re a manager. How did you do it?” she asked but deep inside she was like girl, I knew you’d be together. Even if you don’t date, your family still will make you two marry each other.

“I know right? And the fact that we just met doesn’t bother us. We feel like we’ve known each other for a long time already” Rumi told her and released a satisfied sigh.

OH MY GOD!! RUMI!! HE’S YOUR JUNNN! Sooyoung screamed inside but said “That is so sweet” and tried changing the subject because she don’t want to blurt out the fact.

“By the way, my brother is getting better. Thank you for your help” she said to change the subject.

“Hey, no worries. I’m happy that he’s getting better” Rumi said and pat her shoulder.

“That reminds me, it seems like one of my kids have a crush on the staff here and from the sticky note that she gave him, she seems to like him too” Rumi said “don’t ask how I know it’s my instinct” she continued not letting the other speak “have you ever heard or seen any staff who paste sticky notes on the cup when serving a customer who wears a mask?” she asked and saw Sooyoung blushing and looking away.

“N-No” she replied almost too quickly.

“Sooyoung?” Rumi asked while grinning “You’re hiding something from me” she and her face turned red.

“That was you?” Rumi whispered and started to laugh.

“Shhh. Quiet down” Sooyoung said.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she asked “Do you know who he is?” she questioned her.

“It’s just a crush. I don’t need to tell you” she replied “He’s Minseok right? Exo-M Xiumin” she told her.

“How long have you known?” Rumi’s eyes were wide.

“Since the first time he came here with Luhan” she answered.

“You know Luhan too?” she asked “I’ve never met him in real life because he left before I even start being their manager” she whispered.

“I know everyone even if they wear mask” she stated “I pretend that I don’t know them because they would freak out if they found out that I know them even with the disguise” she sighed.

“Then, do you know who the guy that came here with him yesterday?” Rumi asked trying to test her.

“They didn’t come together. They were next to each other at the counter. It was Kai. He was being careless though. People felt his voice was familiar” she told her.

“So, you’re having a crush with him because he’s Xiumin?” she asked after a long silence.

Sooyoung shook her head which surprised Rumi. There’s a lot more to the story I guess Rumi thought.

“He was the one who brought my brother to the hospital. He was still a trainee that time” she confessed “I’ve been keeping an eye on him since then. Call me a stalker but I know whatever that happen to him since before his debut. The reason why I know all of them even in disguise is because I’ve seen everyone since before debut. I know them from their body figure. I can detect them from far. They are the only story I could tell my brother because other stories are stressing me out. He is the only one that make me happy despite all the things I’ve lost” she explained and chuckled.

“Now that I’ve talked about my past, I do sound like a stalker” Sooyoung said.

“Whoa!” Rumi exclaimed “You’re like the first person who knows Exo, the first fan, the first… manager?” she said and laughed at her statement.

Sooyoung laughed at her statement “I need to get back to work” she said and went back to work.

Rumi kept her gaze on Sooyoung “I am so going to hook those two up” she grinned at the thought and search for her phone. She search for Suho’s name and press the call button.

“Hello?” Rumi said when the person answered. She still need to be careful because she’s afraid it might be someone else who’s working during the photoshoot.

“Jagiya~” she heard Baekhyun said.

“Baek, give the phone to Suho” she told him and he called for their leader.

“Rumi? What is it?” he asked.

“I found out who the girl is” Rumi went straight to the point.

“Girl? What girl?” he asked.

“Sticky note girl. It’s funny because I know her really well and I need your help to hook them up” she said happily and she can hear the other chuckle on the other side.

“Before that, we have to discuss how to tell your parents about me” he reminded her and she rolled her eyes “AND your supposed to be future-mother-in-law this Saturday at the wedding dress boutique” he added.

“Alright, alright. We’ll talk about that later” she said and end the call.

 

A/N

So, Rumi told Sooyoung she started dating. Sooyoung told her about being a stalker. Sayoung is a mom now and exo agreed that Rumi is a monster. That is basically it for this chapter.

There's a lot of flashback here. Enjoy reading~