Confession

The Promise

At a park.

After running out of the dorm to cool off her anger fuming in her, she found herself walking back to the park where she met Suho the night before she move into Exo's dorm. She sighed and sit on the swing.

"I guess I still go here to empty my mind" she sighed "am I really supposed to marry Jun? Is this a sign for me that my destiny is with him?" her tears rolled down her cheek "ARRGGHH!! WHY DID I GO HERE?!" she screamed when the thought of the younger her would always go here with Jun. "WHY DO I HAVE TO FIND OUT ABOUT THAT TODAY?!" she pulled her hair hard as she recall the fact that Suho had a girl he likes.

She continued crying for about 2 minutes when she heard footsteps getting closer. She wiped her tears as to not want the other person to see her crying but doesn't bother to look at the person. "I knew you would be here" a familiar voice said.

She lift her head to meet with Suho's dazzling eyes. "O-Oppa!" she said surprised by the person standing infront of her "H-How did you know I w-was h-here?" she stuttered.

Suho gave her a kind smile "I remember you said you went here to clear your mind last time" he told her and sat at the swing next to her.

"Oh, right" she said.

There was silence before Suho speak again. "So, you're engaged? Arranged?" he said only saying the key words slip out of his mouth as he can't bear to say it all in a sentence.

Rumi turn her head to Suho with a surprised look. hung open, brows furrowed as she she breathe in air to say something but only to release the air out again.

Suho chuckled to hide the fact that what he's going to say will break his heart. "How did I know?" he helped and she nod "Well, we were there when you said you're not marrying him and you practically just threw your phone to the wall out of anger. I don't think you can do anything to your phone now. Last time I saw, it was in pieces" he said as he try to swallow the pain from finding out that she's going to marry.

"W-WE?!" her voice soar to the sky.

"All of Exo and one manager" he simply replied.

Rumi turned red, so red that you think she just got a sunburn in the middle of winter. She sighed and hung her head low. She kept silent as she fight with herself internally whether to tell or not.

Suho who could see her struggling only kept himself quiet. Thinking if he should confess to her now or wait for other time.

Then, a groan from the girl next to him made him turn to her. "Wha" was all he could say when Rumi interrupted.

"I'm engaged to my childhood friend" she said and Suho could hear his heart breaking "my mom arranged it" she sighed and look up in the night sky.She close her eyes and feel the cold air and in more air.

Suho knew he would feel sad the when she tell him about the fiance and had prepared for it but the moment she say it out, he felt like his whole world just crumbled. His eyes went watery and sighed heavily.

"I told my mom that I have someone that I like" with that said, Suho turn to face her and tears streak down his cheeks. Of course, Rumi didn't see him crying. "She told me that if I can make him marry me within 3 months, she'll cancel the marriage with my friend" she said and Suho went stiff.

Why is it so similar to me? he thought No, it's just a coincidence. I've met Mimi. How could I even think that she's Mimi he look at the white ground and shook the thought away.

"Y-you have someone that you like?" he asked when he remembered her saying that. He received a nod from her and he felt like dying on the spot. He was hurt too much in a short amount of time that he felt like his heart would just stop.

"Boyfriend?" he asked slowly.

She shook her head "Just a crush" she said and smiled. Although it hurts him looking at her smiling while thinking of another guy, her smile still look angelic to him.

"I thought he's the one for me" tears welled in her eyes "even if it's an almost impossible thing to make him agree to marry me in this short amount of time, I thought he's the one" and she cried.

Suho got up from the swing and hug her, an attempt to make her stop crying but it got worse and he too started crying.

Rumi hugged him "He, he h-has a g-girl t-that he l-li-likes" she stuttered "and I just found out about it recently" she hug him tigher so that her cries were muffled by his shirt.

Suho felt his blood boiling. "Who is this guy? Is he in our company? Do you want me to talk to him?" he asked. He's sad that she likes someone else but if he could make her happy, he would do anything because she is his angel.

Rumi stopped crying, looked up and sniffled. "I just found out that he likes a girl" she said "today" she said after a while as she look at Suho in the eyes "in the car" she said as if giving clues to the guy who frowned at her "before I went berserk" she said slowly.

Suho's eyes went wide "M-ME?!" he pointed to himself and she nod in response. "Wha-wh-whe-whaa?" he couldn't say a word and look into the girl's eyes, trying to find out if she's being serious or just joking.

He scan around and turn back to Rumi who is still in his arms "This is not a prank right?" he asked and receive a pout from the girl.

"Why would you think this is a prank?" she asked and tried to get away from his arm, frustrated at what Suho had just said.

"Because I like you too" he said as he pull her in his embrace again "the girl that I like is you and everyone in the dorm knows that I like you. I don't want this to be a prank because I don't want the guys to make fun of me and most importantly, I don't want you to say that 'this is a prank and I only like you as Suho' and, and, and" panic could clearly e seen in his face "I don't want to loose you after confessing to you" he said softly with tears rolling down his cheeks.

Rumi who was shocked by the sudden confession smiled and wiped the tears away. She stood up and hug him tightly "This is not a prank and I love you" she whispered to him, making him blush.

He wrap his arm around the girl and said "I love you too" with a big smile on his face.