Preface

The Promise

At a bakery in Apgujeong street.

"Junni omma?" a lady asked, her clutch bag in her left hand and a paper bag in her right hand. The person infront of her turned to look at her but she had a puzzled look plastered on her. "Am I right?" she asked again for confirmation.

"Who are you?" the person asked.

"You are Jun's mom!" she exclaimed "I can't believe I could meet you here" she raised a brow when she saw the other party still looking rather puzzled "you don't remember me, eonni? I'm Ru Mi's mom! Remember Ru Mi? She used to play a lot with Jun when she was little" the lady explained.

Her eyes grew bigger as she recall the lady from her past. "Kim Yeon Hee? It's been too long, I didn't recognize you" she said with a wide smile "What are you doing here?" she asked after realizing that the lady was supposed to be living somewhere else.

Yeon Hee lead her to a seat and started telling her that Ru Mi had gotten a job and she just tag along to visit her old neighbourhood. They talked about what happened and the readon why they had to leave for Jeju Island back then.

Then, she thought of something. "Is Jun single?" she suddenly asked.

"Yes" she answered simply.

Yeon Hee smiled and reminded her of the plans they made in the past. "Do you think it's possible? Getting those two married? I know they love each other so much that they already look like a couple as a kid" she stated.

"You think thell accept it?" she frowned "What if they have the person they like?" she was worried.

"I know that my baby doesn't have anyone" Yeon Hee said "and you told me Jun is single. I just hope that he'll accept it. I really want us to a family" she said sincerely.

Jun's mom smiled and hold her hand "Don't worry. I'll make it happen" she convinced her.