Substitute

The Promise

In a restaurant.

"SUHO?!" her eyes were wide open when she saw the man sitting infront of her.

Suho gave a nervous chuckle "Yeah" he said "you look stunning" he tried to change the topic quickly.

When it seemed like there's no respond coming from the girl, he tried to start a conversation to end the awkward silence.

"It's been a long time" he started.

I wasn't inform about this she thought.

He sighed when he got no reply. "You don't look like when you were young, Mimi. I didn't recognize you" he said again, hoping for a reply.

Well, yeah, of course. I'm not your fiance she rolled her eyes in her head. "I guess it's been too long" she replied and gained a smile from the man.

"Here" he said as he place a red box on the table "the ring.I took mine already" he pulled a necklace from inside his tux "I made it as a necklace so that it won't be too obvious" he explained.

"Yeah, you're an idol afterall" she said as she look at the ring inside the box. It's obviously too small for her finger.

"You should make it into a necklace too" she raised a brow at his statement "you don't want the guy you like to know about it don't you?" he said and her eyes rounded.

He chuckled "I know about that. I wish you all the best with him. I'll try my best to get my girl and put a stop to this wedding. With this, none of us will break the promise we made" he told her.

This girl's life is so messed up. How did they end up with this arrange marriage when she have someone that she like  she thought. Then one of the line Suho said caught her attention.

"You have someone you like?" she asked.

He nodded and smiled. A hint of pink appeared on his cheeks. "Yeah, It's more of uh.... love at first sight kinda thing" he told her.

"Love at first sight? Tell me about it" she said, eager to know.

"I first met her at the airport" he started after making sure that the waiter that came in to place the order he made beforehand had gone out of the room "she's like the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. When she smile and stop the kid from crying, I thought she looks like an angel" he was smiling at the image of the day he first met her playing in his mind.

"That night, I wish that I could see her again and the next day, my wish was granted. She came to our practice room with our managers. They told me that she's replacing our manager that will take a leave because she's close to her due date. Giving birth... that is what I meant by due date" he told her as she enjoy the spaghetti.

"Wait! She's now your manager? That means, you can meet her everyday!" she exclaimed upon realising that.

"Yeah, lucky me right?" he said.

"Are you dating her now? Does she know about this?" she asked.

Suho sighed "My mom told me about the arrange marriage the night I feel as if the heavens are helping me with the girl that I like. I knew everything was too good to be true that day" he told her.

"That's... sad..." she said "you found the girl you like the day before finding out that you're getting married with another girl" she lowered her head.

"No worries. I just need to make my girl agree to marry me and same goes to you. With this, it'll be fine. I'm glad my mother came up with this plan. I don't know what changed her mind to come up with a plan that would be in my favour though it will be quite hard to accomplish in a few months" he told her.

The dinner went on with him telling her stories about the girl he likes. When they were already outside, waiting for the car to pick him up, he was in disguise.

"I'm sorry, the dinner ended up with only me taljing about Ru Mi-ssi" he said, feeling guilty "Next time, I'll listen to your story about the guy that you like. I promise" he smiled before leaving with his manager in a car which is not the official car Exo use to make sure no one suspects anything.

After making sure the car was gone, the girl turned around and sighed. "Time to report" she said as she walk away from the restaurant.