Saturday

The Promise

Exo's dorm.

Suho was surprised that his mother came to his dorm the night before their dinner. She called and told him that she need to check if the tux she bought for him to wear at the dinner is in a good condition.

He had panicked since Ru Mi was at home. He didn't want her to know about the engagement just yet. He told Minseok about the news and asked him to help keep her away from the dorm until his mom had gone back.

Luckily, Ru Mi didn't suspect anything when Minseok asked her out for a cup of coffee and tried so hard to delay going back to the dorm.

 

Suho smoothed the tux and fixed the bowtie. "So, today is the day? You'll meet your childhood friend again. How do you feel?" Minseok asked.

He sighed at the question before answering. "I'm excited to meet her but when I think of the engagement, I couldn't help but feel guilty about the promise I made with her. Although she agreed with my mother's plan, I feel as if she was disappointed at me from breaking the promise" he explained.

He continued after getting a nod from the elder. "Besides, I like Ru Mi-ssi and I know that she have someone that she likes. I feel like this engagement is going to be a problem for her and the one she likes" he sighed again but now a frown appeared on his face as he sit down on his bed.

Sehun entered the room and gave him the box containing their rings. "Here" he said giving Suho a weak smile.

"We'll help you with Ru Mi-ssi" he said and chuckled "we'll make her fall for you in no time" Sehun pat on their leader's shoulder.

Then, Ru Mi peeked inside the room. "Whoa! What's with the dress-up?" she asked as the sight of Suho caught her breathless.

Suho abrubtly stood up from his position. "I uh... I have a family dinner" he said after giving a quick glance at the two who was standing like a statue. Obviously surprised by the sudden appearance of the person whom they tried to hide everything from.

She nodded and smiled at Minseok. "Minseok-ssi~" she started "I have something to attend to and your manager is nowhere to be seen so can you please take care of the members since Junmyeon-ssi will not be here?" she asked and he quickly nod.

 

Ru Mi left the dorm a few minutes after Suho. She was wearing a black deess which her mother had sent to her a few days after the call about the dinner plan.

******

Suho waited in the restaurant for his childhood friend to appear for about 30 minutes. Then, a girl in black dress sit infront of him.

"Sorry I'm late" she said as she place her clutch bag on the table.