MOM!!!

The Promise

[Rumi’s pov]

I held Suho’s hand tightly as we entered the boutique. He still had his disguise on, so, none of the staff there realised who he is. We walked further into the boutique until we found my mother. She was standing in front of a few dresses while talking to one of the staff.

“Mother, I’m here” I said after clearing my throat.

She turned around and smiled “Sweetheart!” her voice was high pitched, the way she would sound when she’s overexcited “Come here, look at the dresses that I have chosen” she said as she pulled me to the collection of dresses.

“Mom” I stopped her and made her turn towards me. I was about to tell her that I don’t want to marry Jun when she realised that someone was behind me.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. I didn’t realise that you were there” she said “thank you for sending her here. I was so excited to see her in a wedding dress that everything else doesn’t seem to exist to me. Thank you once again. You may go now. I can send her back” she told him.

“Mom!” I quickly interrupted “He’s not going anywhere” I held his arm.

She look at me with a confused face for quite some time. Then, her face brighten up. “Oh, is he supposed to see if the wedding dress suits you or not? Your wedding advisor?” she asked but before I could reply, she pushed me into the fitting room “Okay, you can stay. I want to know your opinion too. The bride should go and change into a dress now” she said.

While in the fitting room, I couldn’t hear much of what is happening outside but I know that my mother is talking to Suho. I hope she won’t say anything bad about me to him. No, that’s not the point. The point is, I’m scared that she might kick him out or make him leave me. That is the Lady Kwon after all.

 

[Suho’s pov]

I was left with her mother. Honestly, even if she look cheerful and bubbly, she emit a very strong aura when being alone with her. It makes me feel nervous.

“Um…” I started.

“Oh, thank you so much for helping her choose the wedding dress. I think a guy would know better which dress would make her husband’s heart flutter” she said.

“I… uh… I think any dress would look beautiful on her” I accidentally blurted out.

I saw her eyeing me and smirked before keeping her cool face again. “I guess” she said and nod her head a few times “her husband had always loved her since they were little. He always protect her and cheer her up. I feel so blessed to have him as my son-in-law. I don’t think anyone else could beat that side of him. Even if that person is that Suho guy from the group that she like so much. I don’t get what is so great about that guy” she babbled.

I stiffened at the mention of my name. Great! She knew Suho and doesn’t approve of him. Just great! How am I supposed to beat this guy?! I’m a world star and I can’t beat some unknown guy from her childhood?!

“Um… Ma’am” I said again but she interrupted me just like before, ignoring my words.

“Oh! Where should I send them for their honeymoon?” she interrupted.

“Paris” I replied smoothly, remembering Mimi’s words. ‘I want to have my honeymoon in Paris. It’s a romantic place. I heard it’s called as the city of love’ she said once, when we were talking about marriage.

Why did I remember her all of a sudden? I thought but then, I could feel my eyes rounded when I realised that I had given her a suggestion of a place for her daughter to go for honeymoon. WHY THE HELL DID I ANSWER HER?! I was mentally panicking and punishing myself for my action.

“Ma’am” I tried again. This time, she turned to me.

“Yes?” she said as she gave me her attention, at last.

“I’m…” and there she goes again.

“Oh, I can’t wait to have grandchildren. I want her to get pregnant quickly. I need to make a plan. The perfect plan that will make sure that I get the news of a grandchild the moment they return from their honeymoon. Is that even possible? Can you help me with that? I think you’ll be a great advisor” she said and I can’t help but feel my eyes getting wider.

What she had just said made me angry. I don’t want her to be with anyone else but myself. I don’t want to see her having someone else’s baby. I don’t want to see her looking happy in a family where I am not in the picture.

Before I could argue with her, Rumi got out of the fitting room; wearing the most innocent looking white dress. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. She was stunning. The anger I felt before was gone and replaced by butterflies in my stomach.

“What do you think?” she said in a monotone voice.

“Beautiful” I breathed out in a hushed tone and got myself together when I saw her mother eyeing me.

Her mother cleared and clicked her tongue. “Too simple. I like how it is a princess cut but it looks empty. You need to look the best because your future husband is of a world class level. Every eye in the world will be judging you” she shook her head as she circle my girl.

JUST GREAT! My opponent is of a ‘WORLD’ title. I can’t say that I’m better than him now I mentally sighed at that thought.

Rumi saw me and gave a weak smile. “Mom… um…” she said.

Her mother looked at her and smiled “Yes, dear?” she questioned.

“I… um…” she started again. I knew that she wanted to tell her mother that she have a boyfriend, and that boyfriend is me, so, I walked closer to her.

Her mother blinked her eyes a few times as she wait for her to speak but then, her face indicated that she had just realised something. Both Rumi’s and my face brighten at the change. Unfortunately, our face dropped at the words that came out of .

“You must be wondering where your soon-to-be mother-in-law” she sighed “she was supposed to be here but she had something urgent to deal with” she turned to the collection of dresses “anyway, she left a message saying that she’s sorry and that she’ll make it up to you” she picked a dress and examined it.

Then, I heard a familiar voice said “Son, is that you?” so I turned around.

There stood my mother with a white dress in her hand “M-Mom?” I stuttered, surprised by her sudden appearance “Wh-What are you doing here?” I asked.

 

A/N

It's been a long time since I last updated this story. Here's another chapter for you to enjoy~

Don't forget to vote or subscribe if you like. Do comment cos I love to read your comments.