08.

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight: Invisible
(A/N: edited.)

I felt extremely sick the next morning I woke up. I was still in my school uniform, and my eyes looked so puffy like I pulled an all-nighter and at the same time cried- the latter being a fact. I don't understand why Jungkook had to have such an effect on me, but what he told me was more than enough to be hurt. I thought he already understood what I was trying to do- to help him get over everything that he's been through, that he should never feel as if the world is turning against him. But I was wrong, he will never try to listen and that is making me tired of hoping for him. I sighed as I brushed off the thoughts of disappointment towards him and stood up to look at myself at the mirror. I looked so pale but my cheeks were evidently burning. I am definitely sick and needing rest. But I am all alone in this place, no one would take care of me and I will just end up sleeping the whole day. Besides, this is probably not that serious, it is never too late to drink medicines. I should act tough, no one will survive in this world when you’re weak.

I did my usual morning routine- except that I did it a little slow because I have been feeling dizzy. But I was already dressed up for school for me not to go there. Besides, it’s not like I’m going to faint or something. When I get to school, I should probably just stay I’m the clinic all day, at least in that place I know I will not be alone. But I guess this day is not really going to be a school day for me. I went out of my house to see Jimin, leaning against his black sedan, which for some reason matched his style really well. The moment he saw me, he stoos properly and waited for me to approach him.

“Hi, Jimin oppa.” I smiled. “What are you doing here?”

Jimin scratched the back of his head as he slightly bit his lip and started, “I was just checking up on you, since yesterday Jungkook was a bit rude on you when we were leaving. I… I hope that doesn’t affect you much. You see he’s-” Jimin didn’t get to finish what he was going to tell me as he watched me clutch on my head, literally my life is depending on it now. “Hye Soo, are you alright?”

I shook my head, admitting defeat from the worst headache ever. “I think I’m sick.”

“You really are.” Jimin remarked as he touched my forehead with his hand. “You have fever and I think you should not go to school today.”

“I don’t think I should go to school, either.” I gave him a weak smile. “Thank you for being here this morning to stop my plan of struggling in class the whole day.”

Jimin smiled as he grabbed my bag, “You are not supposed to say no when I say I will be your doctor for today, okay?”

I sighed, Jimin is the nearest person I can trust with taking care of me since I am pretty sure I would only starve myself to death if I won’t take him in, “Whatever.” I told him as we entered the house. Jimin made me go to my room to change my clothes while he prepares food, I am guessing he would also go tot the drug store and buy medicines because that’s what I heard when he opened the medicine cabinet. After changing into a normal white shirt and sweat pants, I went down to check on him.

“You should stay on your bed.” He said worriedly as he was trying to wear his apron properly. I laughed as I made him turn to tie his apron behind him.

“I want to watch the telly.” I told him as I tied the belt into a bow, “Off you go, Chim Chim.”

“Chim Chim?” He chuckled as he turned and face me, “You are not allowed to watch the telly.”

I pouted while batting my lashes in the process, “Then what do I do? I am bored.”

He sighed as he turned me and pushed me towards the living room, “You shouldn’t do that, and you don’t look sick anymore.”

“I’m sick.” I told him.

“You sleep here while I cook breakfast.” He gave me his iPod and his earphones. “Here, listen to music. This will make you feel better somehow, and drink this medicine. This will lower down your fever.” He handed me a glass and a capsule.

I smiled as I took it and sat on the couch, I drank the medicine and the water, then gave back the glass. “Okay then, you should cook the food diligently.”

“Of course.” He said and went back to the kitchen. I lie down and occupied the whole couch as I placed the earphones on my ears and browsed his iPod. I shouted at him and asked, “Jimin, what’s the password?”

“It’s 1310!” He shouted back. I pressed the numbers the iPod finally opened. I went straight to the music player and pressed the shuffle button. I am no mood to take a look at the screen for a long time because I wanted to close my eyes for a bit. IU’s Friday played first as I placed the iPod on my stomach and closed my eyes. I don’t know if I were to laugh or not when I realized that my senior year was full of absences. In my three months in Bangtan Academy, I had to have like two to three days if absence, when will I go to school without any accidents or urgencies? Maybe after this, since I vowed not to care about Jungkook anymore.

“Hye Soo, do you have allergies with-”

I heard Jimin talking to me but my eyes doesn’t want to open anymore at this moment because it seems to take away my headache. I felt a hand taking away the hair away from my face then that was when I finally drifted to sleep, knocking away my consciousness.

Jimin focused all his attention on me as I took the spoon and scooped porridge. I wasn't feeling any hunger despite the fact that it was past lunch time and that I barely ate breakfast. Jimin was too shy to wake me up when he finished cooking, telling me that I looked peaceful when sleeping. "Jimin, you don't really have to look at me like that. I can eat on my own."

"Haha, I was just worried that the taste of the porridge wasn't as good as Jin hyung's." He chuckled as he looked away. I took my first bite and looked down while I taste the porridge. The taste of it was good, giving me a home-ish feel.

"It tastes good. I'm eating this all, you should eat, too." I told him. He beamed as he stood up to get his own food. I was still feeling really sick, but the food really helped with making me feel a little better.

"After that, you should drink these medicines after and-"

My eyes darted at the medicines, it was three medicines that I have to take. "Isn't that a lot? How did you even know that I have to take all of that?"

"I called my mom, and she said all of these will help." He explained.

I nodded. "You've been here for hours, don't you have classes? I think I can handle it now, you should go attend your classes." Jimin laughed as he gave my head a pat and said, "I think it's my responsibility to take care of you in the meantime. Besides, my classes for today aren't that important."

"Classes are classes." I said. "It may only be a minor subject but every subject is a critical course for you to complete the requirements."

"You're right, you sound like my mom." Jimin chuckled. "But as I said, I'm not leaving until you're all better. No more complains."

We went quiet for a while. Remembering Jungkook's bruises last night, I asked him, "Where have you been after taking Jungkook with you?"

Jimin shrugged, "Well, we just ate lunch then we went back to our classes."

"But Jungkook didn't," I told him, "He was absent during the afternoon classes."

Jimin was surprised with what I said, "Really? But I was the one who brought him back to school after lunch. So he left school when I left. Aish, that kid. I thought things are slowly getting better."

"Me too." I mumbled, finishing my bowl of porridge.

"Hye Soo, maybe you should talk to him, I think he's only listening to you." Jimin looked at me with urgency, he looked at me as if I really have an important role for Jungkook. "Whenever me and the other hyungs talks to him about what's happening to him, he doesn't listen and would act as if he doesn't hear anything. He's really stubborn."

I looked down, fiddled with my spoon and said, "He told me he doesn't like intruding into his life, and that I better get lost. I don’t think I can help anymore, I'm sorry."

"Hye Soo, are you sure that you’re giving up now?” Jimin asked me, looking at me intently. “I think you have seen this side of Jungkook- which hurt you. But aren’t you looking forward to see more?”

“What are you trying to tell me?” I asked him with a frown, does that mean I had to yet to see a meaner side of Jungkook? Was there?

Jimin smiled, “You have to see Jungkook’s soft side, with your help, it will appear really soon. Let’s just be patient. Alright?”

“I…” I sighed. “I am not sure if I should be motivated with what you said, but just let me know when you need my help, as far as I am concern, I am no longer going to do things on my own.”

“That’s better than nothing.” He said, “I think Jungkook likes you.”

I gave him a look of disbelief, “What?”

“Jungkook likes you to be his friend, he’s just not ready to allow you in his life, maybe because you saw this dark side of him first. He doesn’t know how to soften up for you.”

“Ah.” I giggled, “I thought you were telling me otherwise, that would be totally impossible to happen, never.”

Jimin let out a soft chuckle, “Why would it be impossible? I like your personality, you’re nice and really feminine, you’re really cute. No one can say you’re unlikeable.” He was looking at me as if I was some kind of fragile glass, sparkling and shining with his compliments. Before he could even the faint blush on my cheeks, I looked away.

“W-Water, please.” I stuttered. Jimin, somehow realizing that I was affected with what he said, messed my hair as he stood up to get me a glass of water.

The truth is, I was never complimented by anyone, aside from my mother. Everyone thinks I’m too plain and never will there be something that can be distinct about me but plain. I was overwhelmed with Jimin and all his actions, he never fails to surprise me because everything that he does make me smile and flattered. He was like a walking compliment machine. He’s very caring like an older brother and I can’t wait to see more of this side of him. He’s so nice I hope Jungkook was like him, too.

Jimin gave me the glass of water when his phone rang, it was on the table. He took it as he sat on his chair and answered, “Namjoon hyung, why?”

[A/N: Italicized words is Namjoon talking, that is not heard by Hye Soo. So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter