02.

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two: Preempt
(A/N: edited.)

I woke up with the most painful headache I ever had in my life. I looked around to see myself in a hospital ward room, on a hospital bed, wearing hospital clothes with an IV on my left arm. I don’t know how I got here but the nurse who went in my little room will answer my questions. She smiled as she checked my IV, “You’re awake!”

“H-How long was I asleep?” I asked her, still stuttering because of the pain I am feeling, not only my head but my whole body.

She looked at her wrist watch as she answered, “You were unconscious for 3 hours and a half, sweetheart.”

“Jungkook!” I called as I got a hold of his shoulders and pulled him on the sidewalk. The loud sound of the car’s horn was ringing in my ears and it gave me massive headache as we fell on the sidewalk. I wasn’t able to see Jungkook’s face because my eyes shut close from the shock of falling down. The next things were blurry and too loud for me to comprehend. I felt a strong pain on my head before my mind went blank.

“Miss, you had some bruises but no wounds were found, but we highly recommend you rest for three days, then you can go back to school. You might still feel dizzy in the next hours but the doctor will give you prescriptions to take.” Said the nurse as I remembered everything that happened a while ago.

“How did I get here? Am I alone?” I asked as I slowly sat up with the help of the nurse.

“There were people who brought you and another man here in the hospital. They said Mr. Jeon was passing by the street while the stop light is still signaling for cars to move, fortunately you pulled him just in time. Mr. Jeon’s guardians already went here a while ago.” The nurse looked at the paper she was holding and asked, “We tried to call your parents to tell them about your condition but none of them were answering our calls. We looked at your phone for anymore contacts but we can’t find any so, do you want to call someone and tell about what happened?"

I went quiet for a while, I am guessing both of them were too busy to look at their phone. I looked at the nurse and smiled, “No need, I can handle myself.”

“Okay then.” She smiled. “You can leave by tomorrow.”

“Was he unconscious too when we went here?” I asked, the nurse frowned in confusion. “J-Jungkook.”

She shook her head, “A while ago, he went here with you to bring you here, but then he refused to cure his wounds and wants to leave immediately. But we said he must be treated, so we had to give him tranquilizers. He is fighting back, such a feisty kid.” She said, almost laughing. I could imagine someone like Jungkook acting all strong but the tranquilizers still got him sleeping.

“Can I go see him?”

“Oh, of course, but can you stand up?” she asked as she helped me stand up. I felt slight pain but I felt better as minutes pass. The nurse held onto my IV which was hanging on a tall steel post. We stopped after walking four rooms away from mine. She opened the curtain and let me in. “Shall I leave you?”

“Y-Yes, please.” I said and thanked the nurse. When she left, I moved to close the curtains and slowly walked towards Jungkook’s unconscious body. I looked at his face, his forehead is creased. He does look like an angel, his flawless face, defined jaw, pointed nose, plump lips. If he was conscious when we went here then he was perfectly fine, and I was glad I saved him just fine- it would be better if I didn’t faint and got these bruises. I poked his creased forehead with my right index finger so he doesn’t look angry, then I spoke in a very low voice, hoping that his unconscious state won’t hear it. “I don’t know why you did that, but I knew I did the right thing. Don’t get yourself into trouble, everyone wants your presence so stay alive. No matter what happened, no matter how painful, everything happens for a reason.”

I was planning to touch his face, but my head ached all of a sudden, “Ugh.” I groaned as I held onto my head. Maybe I should get back to bed. I will have to go home soon and take a rest for three days, just like the doctor said. I will not say no because I feel so pained. I held onto my IV post and looked at Jungkook one more time. I smiled and walked out of his room.

The next morning, I was told by the nurse that Jungkook left with his guardians an hour ago. I asked if Jungkook checked on me, or something. Not that I’m hoping he’d check on me but I always believed that every good deed deserves a simple thank you; or maybe Jungkook is not the kind of man. The nurse said Jungkook just changed into his casual clothes, while his brothers paid for our bill then they left. So Jungkook have brothers, not a single brother but brothers. I envy him. Since his brothers paid for my bill as well, I was checked by the doctor if I still have something wrong going on with me, but since I’m fine to go home, he gave me the prescriptions. I changed into my uniform and made my way home. The hospital was quite far my home so I had to take the bus. I can’t take the risk of walking, even though the weather is perfectly fine for some walk, I might faint from too much fatigue, I will not deny that I still weak and fragile at this moment. Before going home, I went to the drug store and bought my medicines. That was when I decided to walk towards my home since it’s pretty near.

While walking, I remembered Jungkook’s face when he was asleep. He looks so peaceful yet bothered. If only I could read minds, I would stare at him fearlessly to know what the problem was. I just can’t help but feel burdened with the man’s attitude. It just doesn’t suit him, I want to see the angel Jungkook that In Hye and Eun Mi has been telling me yesterday.

“We have classes today!” I almost forgot. But then I remembered I can’t even go because the doctor told me not to. But will he even know if I go to school or not? Doctors only give suggestions for our health but it is us who will decide if we will do it or not. I remembered one time I went to the doctor to accompany my mother, she was sick and was given many medicines to take. But she did not follow it and bought only the most important ones. But I am not my mom though.

In the end, I decided not to go to school, I still feel weak and lonely. I don’t know why I felt lonely, maybe I just missed being around people?

“I missed my mom.” I whispered as I was getting near my house. However, before I could even take another step, I felt something- or someone- following me. I heard footsteps behind me. At this instance, people usually don’t look back and will walk faster than usual to get rid of the person. But the sun is shining so bright for something dangerous to happen. Let’s just not hope I’ll be in danger because I am weak right now, I won’t be able to fight back. I looked back, but no one was there. I looked afar, both sides, almost around me, to check if there is something suspicious around the area, but none. I sighed, maybe I was just hungry and that my head is starting to get weird imaginations because I fell hard last night.

I unlocked my house and entered. I closed the door right away and removed my shoes. “I’m home.” I told myself. I am living alone in this small house. This house was bought the moment I told my parents I’m moving out our house in Incheon. Not that I moved out like an ungrateful daughter, I moved out because I had to transfer schools. As for my parents, they are… not divorced, it’s just that their constant fighting might result to that and I feel that the atmosphere in the house is not helping at all. I don’t have any siblings and that made it worse, I have no one to talk to and if I continue to stay with them and hear their never-ending shouts, cries and plans of divorce, I might go crazy and just plan to move out without their consent. Before things gets out of my control, I had to do this. For everyone’s good. Moving out might make them realize that they should stop fighting, that divorce will not always be a solution to everything. Also, I am already eighteen years old and I have to prepare for college.

My stomach loudly growling snapped me out of my thoughts. I laughed as I head straight to the kitchen and took out ramyun. For now, I had to think of immediately shutting my stomach’s grumbling, then that is when I will decide what real food to eat, and I should call my school for my absence.

After two days of being absent, I felt better than the previous so I decided to go to school even before I could even have my third day of absence. I was so bored at home too, I almost watched all the drama re-run on television that it make me even more tired. I have to go to school, surely, I have a lot of assignments to do.

“Cha Hye Soo!”

In Hye squealed as she ran to me and pulled me into a tight hug before I could even enter the classroom. “Where on Earth have you been? We were so worried!” she said.

Eun Mi pulled her away from me, “Stupid In Hye forgot you got into an accident and that you are surely weak to hug you so tight.”

“Hey!” In Hye growled. I smiled at the sight of them.

“I am feeling much better.” I smiled at the two. We walked in the classroom and I sat on my seat. As usual, Jungkook is not on his seat.

“Do you know Jungkook was absent the first day you were?” Eun Mi started as she sat beside In Hye, the two were facing me, “But th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter