01.

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One: Intro
(A/N: edited.)

First day of school would always be the hardest for every transferee student. Walking down the hallway packed with students who already have their own circle of friends makes me wonder, ‘For how long will I have the label of being a transferee and be alone at lunch?’ But alone or not, I must finish my senior year alive.

Five minutes before the classes start, I entered my homeroom class, being welcomed by my classmates’ avoiding and curious gazes. I brushed off the awkward feeling and started to look around for an empty seat. I found one on my right, beside the glass windows where the soccer field can be seen. I walked towards my new seat, placed my bag on the side and sat on the chair. The next minutes went by rather slow. I was looking at the soccer field, it was empty because of the first bell that rang before I enter the classroom. From the corner of my eye, I saw someone sat on the chair in front of my table, and faced me, “Good morning~”

I looked at the short haired girl with a very captivating smile, “Good morning.” I smiled. She extended her hands towards me and said, “I’m Yoon In Hye.”

I shook hands with her and told her my name, “I’m Cha Hye Soo.”

“So you’re a new student? From what school are you?” she asked me. “Senior students don’t usually transfer to another school, so you must have a very important reason to that.”

Is she telling me to tell her my reason? In Hye was rather talkative. I kept my smiling face at her while listening to her stories and guide to whatever is going on with the school. Everything seems to be normal in this school so far. Then she pointed her right index finger on the empty seat beside me. “Jeon Jungkook. He’s your seat mate, just don’t bother introducing yourself to him. The man’s got some life problems.”

“In Hye-ssi, you’re trying to spread rumors, aren’t you?” said the girl who went to sit beside In Hye, she looked at me and made a usual ‘kawaii’ gesture with her left hand. “I’m Bae Eun Mi. Nice to meet you, um.”

“Cha Hye Soo.” I smiled.

“Ugh, you are trying to interfere!” In Hye groaned as she tried to get back to her story, but Eun Mi spoke before she even could, “Jungkook doesn’t have any life problem. He’s just… like that.”

Both of them went quiet as they looked at each other. I had to clear my throat and ask, “What’s… that?”

“Actually, he’s usually quiet.” In Hye started.

“Very.” Eun Mi commented.

In Hye rolled her eyes at Eun Mi as she continued, “Don’t try to look at him, he’ll glare at you until you die. Well, that’s too much, but you might feel like one. So. Don’t. Stare.”

“Jungkook doesn’t talk to anyone. He doesn’t spare any minute for anyone. He enters his classes on time, and leaves exactly the bell rings.”

“So, why is he like that?” I asked them.

“Uh.”

Eun Mi frantically stood up from her seat and mouthed, “He’s here, later.”

“We’ll tell you later everything at lunch.” In Hye said as she faced the front again.

Wait. Lunch? Does this mean I already have friends? I smiled at the thought and happily took out my notebook and pen the moment I saw my classmates took out theirs as well. Classes will definitely start today and I am quite feeling good today.

Maybe not?

I looked at the door to see a man I never thought I would even see in real life. He was tall, obviously taller than me, and I can’t help but admit the school uniform suits him. Well, he did not wear it like any regular student does. His long sleeved button up was untucked under his coat that was messily folded up half his lower arm. His hair was messily done like he just woke up and his eyes- his eyes might be the most captivating eyes that you would ever see. Okay, maybe I was having weird illusions, he was like many feet away so I can’t seriously know if his eyes were really captivating. He wasn’t looking at anyone, then he looked my way. I was shocked that I froze- I literally can’t take my eyes off him because I am not sure of what to do next. Should I hide? Should I run?

He is walking towards me and this is dangerous. What if he is Jeon Jungkook? What am I going to do?

“Don’t try to look at him, he’ll glare at you until you die. Well, that’s too much, but you might feel like one. So. Don’t. Stare.”

Thanks to In Hye, she kicked my table, how was she able to do it hard when she’s in front of me? After the shock she gave me, I looked down and started to fiddle with my fingers. I don’t even know why I have to feel this way, but I really can’t help but feel nervous. It was like I was in danger and I would not like it for sure.

The man sat beside me, from the corner of my eye, I could see that he took of his earphone and placed it in his bag that was beside mine. He stayed like that- his hand inside his bag, unmoving. I felt uneasy, is he staring at me? No, no, Hye Soo. Do not assume it like that. Maybe he’s trying to remember something that he needs to get. Okay, maybe a little peek wouldn’t hurt.

I slowly turned my head towards him and what I saw surprised me next- it was like time suddenly stopped suddenly. It was our eyes- our eyes were staring at each other. His orbs were dark brown and was as if perfectly chiseled. To sum it up, he was like a piece of art. His face was perfectly flawless, with lips slightly dry but it still pink enough to be-

“Okay class, good morning.” Said the teacher who went in our class. Well, as if I challenged him in a staring game, he fixed his eyes on me, like he was not planning to stop. Me, on the other hand, I’m literally dying. I’m not sure if I am anywhere attracted to him, or afraid. Because In Hye told me he got some life problems. What if he’s… crazy?

Thanks to our homeroom teacher, she said something that literally saved me from death. “We have a transferee student from Se In Academy. Miss Cha, please introduce yourself in front.”

I cleared my throat as I looked away from him and stood up to walk in front of the class. I straightened my uniform as I stood in front and looked at the wall at the back. I dared not to look back at Jungkook because I might die the next time I stare at him. “Hello everyone, I’m Cha Hye Soo. It’s nice to meet you, please take care of me.”

Okay. That was a good introduction

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter