21.

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty One: Drunk
(A/N: chapter requires edit.)

Summer is officially here and it means turning on the AC even in the morning. School is also finally over so I finally got to cuddle with my bed longer after tiring night of pulling all-nighter and never-ending reviewing of notes for the final exam. Vacation has its perks, whether good or bad. Good because we are free to do anything we like, and the bad thing is we really have no idea of what to do. If you have planned your upcoming summer vacation beforehand, then I guess you are lucky. But if you don't, then it's something that you'll have to work on.

Today is Wednesday and I already got my grades emailed to me but the school registrar. I decided that maybe I needed some fresh air and have some coffee at Sky Cafe, I missed the people there. Going out of my house, I saw a familiar red car, and familiar people standing in front of it.

"Hyesoo!" In Hye ran and pulled me into a hug. "I missed you so much~"

I laughed at her as I said, "We only haven't seen each other for only a few days yet you seem to miss me this much."

Eun Mi was struggling to pull two luggage bags towards the house as she shouted at the girl hugging me, "Hey, princess. Care to help me bring these bags over there?"

My eyebrows furrowed as I walked towards Eun Mi and helped with pulling the luggages inside my house. "Wait, what's with the bags?"

"What's with you? Where are you going?" Eun Mi asked as we successfully pulled their bags inside the house.

"I'm going to out and visit Sky Cafe." I told them as we settled in the living room, hearing the car leave. I went to the kitchen and took three glasses and the carton of orange juice from the fridge. I placed them all on a tray and brought them on the table in the living room.

"It's surprising how you will go outside on your own." In Hye said.

"I'm a human who gets bored from time to time." I told them.

"The boys are going here to fetch us..." The girls leaned in as of they were too excited about something. "Now we need to fix your bag."

"Bag for?" I asked. "Where are you going, by the way?"

"We're having a vacation at a resort in Mokpo." Eun Mi started, "So you see, Yoongi oppa booked an accommodation. The place is nice, really cosy and we can totally have a vacation there!"

"Can you imagine how Yoongi oppa is so nice to all of us? He said he wants to get an inspiration for the music he is currently working on, and he thought of us. Sweet, right?" In Hye added.

I shot my friends a questioning look, "So where is my say in this? I mean, I have no idea about this group plan in the first place. You can't possibly drag me there."

"For the very last time, Hyesoo." In Hye held onto my hands like she was a mother asking for her daughter of something. Like seriously, In Hye could be dramatic like that. "Will you please go with us? It's summer."

"She can't say no to Jungkook." Eun Mi smirked, I gave her a look and she only returned a shrug, "Why? That guy has been with you all the time and he can bring you to places we don't know? He could barge in your house like a family. Seriously, what's the score between the two of you?"

I looked away, "Zero." I said.

In Hye pulled away from me and said, "What? He isn't asking you out yet? Hae Ra has been out of the picture for how long already? How sweet are you to each other already and you tell me it's still zero?"

"Shut up, In Hye." Eun Mi groaned. "You know this girl right here is as shy as a bunny and Jungkook tends to be as slow as a turtle. Now how perfect can they be?"

I only rolled my eyes at them as I stood up, "Why are you like that? Maybe Jungkook doesn't really like me to that extent, okay? Besides, I'm fine with what we are right now."

"Oh, love." In Hye stood up as she walked around me and placed her hands on my shoulders, "If it wasn't so obvious, the man has hots for you. I don't know why he's not leveling up with asking you out, that's so not him in the first place."

I thought for a second, the possibility of Jungkook liking me might not be that low and high but does he like me? Does he like me in a way like these two are telling me? If he does, then why isn't he acting on it? I mean, what is he waiting for? Clearly, the reason I have no courage to tell him is that I still have no idea of what's gonna happen in this field. "I like him, but I just... like him. Like a crush maybe?" I told the girls.

"Yes, yes." Eun Mi stood as well as she grabbed her glass of orange juice. "For first timers, it's always a crush, it will always begin with crushes and what-not. But honey, sooner or later, crushes will bloom into something more. Trust me, yours has bloomed way before everyone has noticed.

I groaned, "By just thinking of it, it disgusts me. You should stop, can we not talk about is anymore? Jungkook and I are fine with what's happening." My phone rang suddenly and I quickly took it from my bag. I answered the phone immediately upon seeing the caller ID. "Jimin oppa."

"Hey, is In Hye and Eun Mi in your house already?" He asked me. The moment I said his name, both the gossip girls went to my side to hear the conversation we are having.

"Yes, they are here now." I almost gave him a whine-y tone. "And they told me about Mokpo."

I could hear snickers and Jimin's laugh, I realized how long the two of us haven't seen each other lately because of final exams. "I would really love to tell you about it, because I would love to know of you could come or not, to which I'll make you. But the girls said it's all up to them and I never thought they'd tell you on this very day."

"Well, I can't say no." I smiled, "Besides, I heard it was Yoongi oppa's plan after all. I'm taking this chance rather than staying in the house at summer."

"That's right." He chuckled.

"Are you on your way here?"

"Yes, we just went to the school because Jungkook took a picture of the topnotcher list, I think?" What he told me suddenly reminded me of the deal we had the night before the exams. I don't really think I'd win, knowing that Jungkook can be persistent to achieve something, but the fact that he really need to go to school to snap a picture of the list? Something was off.

"Okay." I smiled, "I'll see you guys in a few."

"Hey, I missed you." He said, surprising In Hye, Eun Mi, and I. "There are a lot of restaurants around the resort, I'm sure we have a lot of food to eat."

"Yeah." I could only nod until we finally hang up. My friends accusing gazes were on me as I al ost raised my hands up because they looked as if I did something wrong, "What?"

"Tell me, what with the 'I missed you' part?" Eun Mi crossed her arms, "Jimin sounded fishy."

"It's nothing." I said, "Why don't you help me with my things? The boys are coming in a few minutes."

"Jimin likes you." In Hye told me in a matter-of-fact tone. "Did he tell you?"

I could only sigh as I nodded. Both were almost squealing their asses of upon knowing that Jimin did tell me he likes me. "So what? Is it Jimin that you liked more than Jungkook?"

"Come on, you guys are trying to make a commotion over nothing." I told them as we made our way towards my room. Getting my travel bag in the closet, In Hye looked for my clothes as she said, "No, seriously. This is a serious situation, who would you choose between the two of them?"

"It's Jungkook, duh." Eun Mi rolled her eyes as she sat on the edge of my bed.

I sat on the floor in front of my cabinet and took the necessary things for this vacation. "Both of them, are nice and are good companies. Making me compare them with who's more likable than the other is like making me choose only one person to save from a sinking boat and abandoning the other. That's hard, okay? They're my friends just like the two of you."

"You will get to the point where you have to choose only one between the two of them, because you can't possibly fall in love with two people. That's no-no." Eun Mi sang the last part from B.I.'s part in the song Born Hater and she's quite hilarious.

I could only lower down my head because why are they actually getting me in a situation that's quite impossible to happen? Jimin likes me, yes. But I don't really think we have to come down to a situation where I have to be stuck between the two of them. It's chaos that they are imagining.

"You two are at the point where you pack my bags because you planned this." I laughed as I threw them my travel bag, but failed miserably because it was quite heavy.

...

The boys arrived a few minutes but we only went out after thirty minutes because I had to arrange the things I'm bringing in my bag, and that they said I had to pack things for a five day vacation. Taehyung, Namjoon and Hoseok took our bags and placed it at the back of the van while I lock the door. I didn't notice Jimin behind me until I turn and was surprised because he was quite close to me I had to step back, making my head bump the door. "Aw."

"I'm sorry!" He said, trying not to laugh. "I must have surprised you or something."

"Or something." I smiled nervously as I placed the house keys in my bag and walked with him towards the van. "What's up?"

"I'm good, I guess?" He said as we stood up while waiting for the final seat plan. Everyone wants the front seat (behind the driver's seat) and I don't know why. Jin will be the driver and Namjoon will be beside him. "I'm excited with this vacation, to be honest."

"Well, me too." I said, "I've never been into vacations like this so I'm looking forward!"

"But then, I don't really think we could get to hang out a lot." He said, making me confused, "Jungkook mentioned a deal that the two of you have. He said he won."

He won? "Uh, well. We can hang out, all of us should. We can't really have our own business there, Yoongi paid for this so I guess we should all have a group thing, like bonfire, or other group activities."

"Correct," Jimin smiled.

"Okay then," Yoongi suddenly said. "The girls will sit behind Jin and Namjoon. Geez, you guys are like kids, fighting over the seat."

Jimin and I looked at each other and we only laughed as we finally settled inside. So the seat plan was like, in front was Jin and Namjoon, behind was me beside the left door, then Eun Mi then In Hye. Behind us were Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung. Yoongi then occupied the back seat because he said he's going to sleep. Yes, he will sleep on our four hour ride.

I guess I am the only one who doesn't a single thing about today's itinerary. Before we could even reach the road towards Mokpo, Jin stopped in a restaurant and there we ate lunch. I was near to sulking at the girls because why do I seem to know nothing about today? And why did even let myself get dragged by this pack without me getting into details? Geez, I could get kidnapped anytime. I really have no choice, and since I am hungry, I ket them do whatever they want to do. I was sat between Jimin and Taehyung and across Jungkook. I am surprised, Jungkook wasn't getting any close to me and we haven't spoken to each other yet. I looked at him and he looked away. Is the cold treatment because of the deal we just had, or was it because of something else? It irks me and I want to lunch Jungkook all of a sudden.

"Hey, you should start eating your food." Jimin told me as he tapped on my hand. I looked at him and smiled as I picked up my chopsticks and started eating.

It was already quarter to two in the afternoon when we finally decided to leave the restaurant. I am guessing we'd be there when the daylight's finally gone. There was a sudden shift on the seat as Jimin offered to sit beside Jin because Namjoon looked like he's going to sleep anytime soon. In Hye then insisted that Namjoon sit beside her. So the seating arrangement was now: In Hye, Namjoon, and Taehyung; Yoongi occupied the whole seat at the middle; and there's me, Jungkook and Eun Mi at the back. There was an awkward inside the car except that Jimin would casually talk to Jin, and there was a low music playing in the background. However, as time passed by, everyone slowly took there own earphones and plugged it on their ears and waited until all drifted to sleep. I was looking at the window, observing as the sceneries changed into more of a summer feel. I would occasionally look at my side because I could feel like Jungkook was staring at me. One more look and I noticed how Eun Mi had her neck pillow wounded around her neck and was sleeping peacefully. With her headphones on. I smiled at the sight, turning to the front I realized everyone was sleeping, except Jin, who was driving. Poor boy, he should make a stop over so that he won't feel that tired driving.

I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter