05. #BTS2ndWin

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Five: Remorse

"Let's break up, oppa." Said the girl who looks like she has done something that very wrong- breaking up with her boyfriend, it is. The cheerful face of the man when he entered the cafe and waited for his girlfriend for an hour suddenly turned gloomy. It was full of questions and sadness.

"Y-Yoojin, you are kidding right? Quit with the jokes, today is our first anniversary." He laughed nervously, it seems like he knew the girl is quite serious with what she said. When she did not try to speak anymore, he took a deep breath and asked, "Why? Why are you breaking up with me?"

The girl looked at the man and said, "I grew tired of you, I realized I can't love you the way you have been all this time."

"You don't have to love me as much as I can."

"No! You don't understand." She suddenly grew angry at him, "I can't be with you anymore because I don't love you anymore! I'm tired of acting so sweet with you when I know it's not you who I want."

The man chuckled, he finally heard the real reason behind, "So, you like someone else? You saw another man and you grew tired of me?"

"Yes," she said bluntly. "He's in college and is more capable than you. I know he can take care of me. We're still young, oppa. You can still see a lot of girls."

"But I only want you." He almost cried, he was begging for the girl to change her decision but the girl stood up and left him alone. It was a tragic ending for him. His efforts were wasted and it might take a long time for him to move on.

"Time to go home, lady. The show has ended."

I almost jumped upon hearing Minhyuk's voice. I looked at him as he placed a hand on my head, "Soo Maknae, you should go change or Jinwoon hyung will ask you to help clean with them, let's go home."

"Maknae has learned to watch the customers all because of you!" Jinwoon pointed at Choa, Seolhyun, and Minhyuk accusingly. The three just glared at him while the two girls stuck a tongue at him. "Don't do that again, this three are totally weird people."

I giggled as I told him, "I just remembered someone with the couple, that's why I had the urge to watch over them. And they're quite loud, don't you think?"

"OMMO." Seolhyun walked beside me as she placed her hands on my shoulders, "Did our youngest remembered her ex-boyfriend?"

Everyone let out a teasing tone as I shook my head vigorously, "No! He's my classmate and his girlfriend broke up with him, something like that."

"A~ there must be something more."

All I did was to laugh as I went in the employees' room to change my clothes. Jungkook must be well today, isn't he? He was doing fine these days but he was still his lifeless self. I am surprised that I remembered him all of a sudden when he was totally out of my mind because of work and school. I can't really get to forget him that fast, he's my seatmate after all.

Minhyuk and I walked home together but he had to leave before we could even get farther the cafe, his mother wanted him to buy some medicine for his sick sister in the drug store so he had to hurry back. I was left alone walking in the dark streets. Not that I was scared, I was totally scared of the dark, like a little child thinking someone would pop out of nowhere. Some ghosts that would play with you and trick you. But I trained myself not to show them I am scared, I'm too old for that and I can't let people think I am a childish coward, afraid of ghosts rather than being kidnapped or die.

"Don't shout." Spoke someone who instantly pulled me to somewhere. My adrenaline suddenly made me run fast as he pulls me. I couldn't fight back and shout as I was still trying to process what has really happened- my adrenaline can be much of a stupid as well. Did someone just pull me? Where is this man taking me? Who the hell is he? If this is Minhyuk trying to play games with me I swear I will kill him.

We continued to run as we heard loud voices shouting, "Yah! We're not done with you kid!"

"Get back here and fight with us, you stupid brat!"

We went to the nearest alley and the unknown man made me lean on the wall. I still could not see his face because it was too dark and the only light we could get are the street lights, which were too far from us. We kept quiet for a while and when he heard the voices again, he placed a finger on my lips, "Stay here and wait for me. Don't dare look there and watch, it's disgusting."

"Disgusting?" I whispered as he left me and went out the streets, I looked at his way and finally saw his face lit by the street light. "Jungkook?"

He fought with the men, he punched, kicked and did everything to fight them like a mad man. He was good at fighting, though the men bruised and punched him countless times. The scene was too scary I don't know what to do, it will definitely be a stupid idea to go out there and save Jungkook, but calling my friends from the cafe would be great idea. I fished out my phone and dialed the cafe's phone number. "Hello Sky Cafe-"

"J-Jinwoon oppa please help us." I said as I tried not to blabber the words that I am saying. I told him where we are and there were men chasing us and that right now Jungkook is fighting with them. Jinwoon told me to stay calm and to not go out from where I was hidden and that they will call the police and head to us right away. As I brought my phone back to my bag, I heard those men saying words I couldn't comprehend because of the fight that I am witnessing. "We should've gotten the girl!"

"You're a e!"

"Stupid brat!"

The man put out a knife and he was aiming it at Jungkook. "No!" I gasped, which caught the attention of them. I grew even more scared because their eyes were staring at me like I am a piece of meat. "Here she is!" Said one who sounded so excited. Jungkook immediately punched the other and looked at me, "Run Hye Soo! Run!"

Run, he told me to run. I can't just leave him but I started to run the opposite way, the next thing I knew they were chasing after me and so was Jungkook. But I couldn't really hear his voice. I was totally freaking out because all I can hear are the loud, frightening, laughing voices of the psychopathic men chasing me. Are they crazy? I was almost in a well-lighted place where establishments can be seen when someone grabbed my hair.

"I gotcha sweet heart~" said the man. I was practically crying already when he held me by the waist and tried to near his face to mine.

"Let me go!" I elbowed him and ran but his other companions still got me. Jungkook kicked the man who grabbed me by the hair and he finally succeeded to make him lie on the floor, groaning from the pain.

"Let her go, or the both of you will die." He warned.

"Would we even believe a kid like you?" Said one. "Stay out of this kid, this is our business."

"That girl," Jungkook pointed at me, "Is my business. She's mine so let her go!" He furiously shouted as he ran towards us and aimed at one for a punch. The man easily dodged it and grabbed Jungkook by the collar.

"Soooo, you're the boyfriend." He cackled. "Why don't we play with the both of you?"

I was in the brink of passing out because I felt so drained, add that I feel so frightened and I have been crying rivers because this might be the last time I will live. I was so scared I suddenly thought of my parents, my friends, everyone who became a part of my life. The next thing I knew I saw a very bright red and blue lights, the psychos started to freak out and tried to aim their knives on us, but they were cowards for gunshots. The police fired a warning shot and they went crazy. The psychos shouted as if their life is going to end really soon, they let go of me and Jungkook. I fell down the floor and Jungkook went and carried me on his arms, "Hey, we'll be going to the hospital now. You'll be fine."

"Don't carry me." I told him weakly, "You're hurt and I'm heavy."

"Do you have to care about that right now?" He said in an irritated tone.

“Do you even care?” I retorted, feeling slightly groggy. "What the hell happened? Why are they following us? What do they want?" I kept on asking questions on why had this happened to us but Jungkook shushed me as he laid me on a bed, I think. The sound of sirens was ringing in my ears and it disgusts me now. "Jungkook, don't leave." I told him as I grabbed his hand. "I don't want to wake up the next day you left me again. Why is everyone trying to leave me? Ugh, this feeling is so disgusting."

I couldn't see Jungkook because my sight started to blur after feeling a slight pain on my arm. But I felt he squeezed my hand and said, "I won't leave."

I am quite sure we were already inside the ambulance and it is moving towards the hospital. I only had a minute left until I fall unconscious so I had to tell Jungkook, who is still holding my hand when I already am not holding anymore, "Don't you dare call my parents about this, I'll kill you."

Then, I out.

...

I woke up with the feeling that this has happened to me before. White walls, white blankets, hospital bed and I'm in a hospital gown with an IV sticking on my right hand. I tried to feel if something was hurting within me and I realized there was none. But remembering what happened just a few hours ago still makes me shiver. I looked on my right and saw Jinwoon, and Minhyuk sleeping on one end of the couch, on the other was Seolhyun and Choa. Were they here all this time to check on me?

"You're awake!" Squealed a female voice as the door opened. I looked and saw Eun Mi and In Hye carrying fruit baskets. They woke up almost everyone and I can't help but smile at them as they went around and asked me if I'm alright.

"How do you feel?" Seolhyun asked. Feeling a sudden headache, I answered, "Disgusting."

"You have been into accidents, do you realize that?" In Hye stated.

"This is only the second time." I told her.

"Twice is still many." Eun Mi huffed.

"I shouldn't have left you alone, Hye Soo." Minhyuk said as he looked down at me, "I'm sorry."

I smiled at him, "It's alright, no one knew this would happen either. It's no one’s fault."

"We should be thankful to Jungkook." Said Jinwoon, "If he did not hear those men talking about you, you could've been in too much danger."

I suddenly grew alarmed. "Where is he? Is he alright?"

All of them looked to my right. I turned and saw another hospital bed with Jungkook on it, sleeping peacefully. "There is a slight crack on his left arm from fighting and he got some wounds and bruises. The fracture will take a a shirt time to heal and his wounds and bruises were pretty small, it will heal faster." Explained Jinwoon. I looked at Jungkook and admired his sleeping figure. He looks so angelic, at this time he really do because he saved me from danger. He still cares for people, he still cares for me.

"You're drooling." Said Choa.

"What?" I looked at them, realizing that they were just trying to tease me, I huffed and looked away from Jungkook.

I was checked by the doctor and he told me I am better than a while ago. He was glad I didn’t have any trauma or anything that will affect my mental health. By Friday, I can go home. It hasn't been long until Jungkook's friends paid him a visit. That was when I got to knew and memorize their faces and names. I can clearly remember Taehyung, he was the one who asked for my name at the party. Namjoon, Suga, Jin, and Hoseok are the rest. I can't forget nice guy Jimin. They were all pretty boys and are surely chased by girls.

"Hye Soo," Choa went to me and asked,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter