23.

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Three: Hold Me Tight
(A/N: chapter requires edit.)

"Wake up, sleepy head."

I groaned in protest as In Hye pulled the blanket away from my body and pulled me up. I was rubbing my eyes when the girl sat on the edge of my bed and looked at me with a terribly annoying grin plastered on her face. "Why do you look so weird in the morning?" I muttered as I pulled the blanket back. She pulled it away from me and smiled even more. "In Hye, is there anything wrong with my face?"

"What were the two of you talking about last night before we caught you?" She asked calmly.

"Caught?" I repeated, reminiscing the thing that happened last night.

"Hyesoo, I am really not into cringing stuff like this, but hear me carefully." Jungkook said, looking at me as if he was looking deep through my soul. He was looking at me endearingly, with his beautiful face gleaming under the moonlight. He was smiling so gently, and very shyly, something that have started to make me feel weaker than I already am when I'm around him. "I thought I could bear another day to tell you this, but I just can't. Seeing you with Jimin gives a stinging pain on my chest. And no medicine can cure it."

I was still in daze as he held one of my hand and kissed it gently, "Cha Hyesoo, I like you and, can we be something more than just friends?"

He was holding my hand tight and I was starting to feel nervous, and hot. My cheeks might be burning from the sensation, and I am out of words. What did he say? Can he repeat what he just said? "You like me?" I asked him. It is true that I feel so delighted with what he told me but I suddenly felt the want to know to how he felt this way, when did he feel that he do like me and why did he like me?

He nodded, smiling shyly, "I can't exactly remember when, but I just woke up one day from dreaming of having you as my girlfriend, and I felt like not wanting to wake up unless I'd see you, or until I got you as my girlfriend."

I was definitely out of words, what should I say? I mean, I know this was something that I have been dreaming of as well, but how did he get the courage of telling me he's been dreaming of this thing to happen? I couldn't even tell him mine even if we'd be close like siblings because that will be totally embarrassing. Or maybe he did say that because he is aware of his effect on me, which was giving me wonderful knots inside me.

"I really like you." He said, "It's you who made me smile like a man in love should. I never felt this kind of feeling before.

"Why aren't you speaking anymore?" He pulled his hand away from holding me and cupped my cheeks. "Do you... not like me? I mean, it's okay if you don't like me. I would understand that. Jimin hyung is really keeping up with getting you to like him and-"

"-No, no." I stopped him from talking as I quickly gazed at him, then looked at the floor. "I was overwhelmed. I never thought this would happen in reality."

"In reality? What do you mean?" He asked, "Have you... No, perhaps, do you like me too?"

I am definitely sure he felt how nervous I am right now, things are getting too mushy and it is making me so weak. I can't really handle too much feels like this, right now. Seeing Jungkook is too nerve-racking, what more if he's confessing to me? That's like magically getting myself an eight feet grave and die right there.

"I want you to be mine. Be my girlfriend, please."

It was not a question that can be answered by simply a yes or a no. It is more of a plead that should be answered with the right feelings, just how he did. I looked up at him and he was looking at me with generous amount of admiration. That was it, I have to give him an answer quick before the girls could see us. "Jungkook, I-"

"Oh, you two are just here."

"Jungkook, why are you cupping her face?"

The door burst open, revealing my two little cliffhangers, In Hye and Eun Mi. . I quickly pulled away from Jungkook and looked at my friends with haste. "Hey, were you there for long?"

"Yeah," In Hye grinned. "We had to go out because we thought we hear low noises that sounded like people having a little argument."

"Was it the other way around?" Eun Mi muffled a giggle.

"I'm going to sleep now." I told Jungkook. "You should go back to your room."

"Y-Yes." Jungkook stuttered as he scratched the back of his head. "Good night, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Good night, Jungkook." The two said as we watched him leave. When he was finally out of sight, the two looked at me with suspecting looks.

"What?" Was all I said as I hurriedly went in and changed my clothes and sleep.

"I'm getting ready, you guys should do the same too." I told them as I hastily went up and head to the bathroom as I heard snickers from the girls. It's starting to make me feel embarrassed that these two might really have heard everything last night. Not that I feel embarrassed because of Jungkook, but rather I felt that this was something that only the two of us should hear, a moment that only the two of us should cherish for its meaning. I brushed it off, whether they knew or not, because of them I wasn't able to give Jungkook an answer. What was my answer? I was then sure last night but now I was suddenly anxious of giving him an answer, if he'd even ask me again. What if he suddenly just forget about it because these two stopped the moment? I would kill them with love, I might.

Today was supposed to be island hopping day and our third day in the island. However, things went out of hand when suddenly rain poured. It was unusual because it was summer, but it was just the start of summer so the weather would tend to troll at the people who would want a piece of vacation, that was the ten of us. So, instead of island hopping, we went in a nice room and settled in there for almost the whole day because the rain wouldn't really stop pouring heavily. The eldest ones, Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jin, were laid on the floor sleeping comfortably in the sleeping bags while Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook were playing Jenga, where they would try to keep their voices down low because when they try to do the opposite, the hyungs would definitely kill them. Jimin would casually look at me and smile, but Jungkook looking at me from time to time gives me goosebumps. I don't really know if he's looking at me because he wants to tell me about last night or he was just looking at me, because he knows I have been looking at him. Should I call his attention? Or should I just drop everything and wait until he asks me again?

It was lunch time when the rain has stopped pouring, but it was cold outside so the people were at the hot springs rather than the sandy beaches. The eldest ones were finally awake and we finally decided to walk out and eat lunch. We decided to have lunch in the seafood restaurant and ate heartily. After that, we all went to our rooms to do our own thing. Today was rather boring, because of the rain. Yoongi was everywhere, working on his music, while the other boys went to play beach volley, something that I don’t really enjoy. In Hye and Eun Mi were at the resort lobby using the WiFi to post pictures from the past days. I was left alone in the room, watching drama reruns, not in the mood to do anything. It’s not that I am not really in the mood, my mind is just preoccupied of Jungkook. It has been Jungkook all vacation. I’m not getting sick of it, but i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter