20.

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty: Deal? Deal.
(A/N: chapter requires edit.)

To isolate myself from everyone- this is something that I have been doing every time exams were a week away. To everyone it may seem weird and funny, but it has been my habit that I cannot take away. I’ve always felt shy around people and I don’t really have the courage to ask my friends to go study with me. I’ve always thought it would be good thing to share what you learned from classes to each other, that way the learning will not be about memorizing and just remembering what you took down notes on, or what you saw on the book. However, when it’s my friends who are asking me to go in a group study, I’d end up pushing myself away from everyone for some reason I can’t even tell. Maybe I was just really shy and that having many people around me don’t make me feel at ease, at all.

I don’t really think this was a big deal for me until the last week before the final exams has arrived. At this moment, I’m inside my house, ignoring all the calls Jungkook, In Hye and Eun Mi has been giving me. I would only look at the messages and reply to them whenever I needed to. Just like Jimin, who invited me for another dinner at his mom’s restaurant. I declined this time, because I have to pull an all-nighter with studying. I seriously need to make a step higher or at least retain my position because I realized that in the next semester, we will all prepare with sending our credentials and other information to the university that we potentially want to study in. To be honest, I am someone who cares about education. I have a dream, and that is to finish a college degree, or possibly get a master’s degree. I already put my phone on silent but it wouldn’t stop bugging me because of the vibration. I don’t really want to keep it away from me because who knows would call me other than my three friends? Mom or dad. I’d definitely answer their call even if last time was not good between the two of us. But I guess they were again busy with work, or whatever that’s keeping them busy. I am as well, I still can’t give them a call.

I looked at my phone and saw Jungkook’s ID flashing, I remembered what are talking about the other day, before I could even plan to get away from them.

In Hye and Eun Mi went to my seat and asked me, “How about a group study? What do you think, Hyesoo?”

Their gleaming eyes startled me as I looked up at them. They were looking at me expectantly, as if I were to say yes and yes only. These two were doing pretty good on school and they’ve always been doing group studies, because after that they’d party at ARMY Lounge. But if possible, this will the nth time I will be rejecting their offer. I just don’t really feel like doing their supposed group study. I don’t think I’d get to study well because unlike them, I can get easily distracted. That might be one of the reason why I tend to usually isolate myself from everyone when studying. “Don’t give me that look, Cha Hyesoo.” Eun Mi said.

“You know the answer, as always.” I turned away and looked at Jungkook, who has been looking at me. I didn’t notice he was here after a short break before dismissal. He went to eat with his male friends. Yes, he now have his own set of male friends and that’s a big change. He had another tulip on his hand, no it was two. One with a note on it and one without anything. I have guessed that the plain one was from Sungjae, who was keeping himself away from me whenever Jungkook is around but would casually talk to me every morning when I’m getting my things from my locker and whenever I’m returning them back. He’s quite a shy boy and I think all he wanted was friendship, just yet. I just don’t see the point of giving me flower if he’s as shy as a bunny. But it’s alright, at least I’m no longer curious to who he is. But the one with the note, he’s still not giving me hints to who he is, he’s still a mystery. “Where did you get that?”

“Your locker, as always.” Jungkook shrugged as I took it away from him. I took the note from the flower and opened it, I smiled. I don’t really find this man a stalker for he has been giving me motivation through the small notes he give me. They were all about keeping myself happy and others. One of the quotes that I really found the nicest was, Nobody is bored when he is trying to make something that is beautiful, or to discover something that is true.

“You’re smiling again.” I rolled at my eyes at Jungkook as he teased me for the twentieth time that day. He’s been bothering me with all his jokes about who my admirer is. Whenever he would casually talk to us at lunch he would point at a random guy in the cafeteria and tell me, “What if he’s your admirer?”

I would only roll my eyes and hit his arm hard so that he’ll stop, but he doesn’t.

“Yo, before the two of you get in your own world,” In Hye tapped a pen on my table, “You should have a group study with us, just this once.”

“Jungkook should join too, it’ll be fun!” Eun Mi chirped. “You’re going to have a group study with us, right?”

“Cool, I’m in.” Jungkook nodded.

I could only smile at them as the bell rang and the teacher went back in, telling us that we can now go home. I grabbed my bag and immediately left them without a word. I could hear In Hye and Eun Mi grumbling and I only laughed as I didn’t turn back.

Back at the present time, today is Sunday, the last day of my all-nighter, because tomorrow will be start of the exams,  they were more than determined to invite me in their so-called group study at In Hye’s place. Jungkook was no longer included, but still that won’t make me go, I would go with them next time, maybe when it’s not finals. I’m glad that they weren’t irritated with my mood yet, add that I am on my period? No one can really mess with me right now. A no, is simply a no.

I went to the kitchen to get something to eat. Looking at the wall clock, I realized that it was already 7 o’clock. I shrugged as I took a bread from the fridge and placed it in between my lip, while looking for food to cook. Before I could even take out the food I will be cooking, someone suddenly harassed the doorbell by continuously pressing it. Who else would it be? It’s Jungkook, of course. Maybe he grew tired of calling me so he went straight here to see me, he’s been always like that. I’m the type who doesn’t really care about my phone because it would usually be silent and neglected. Ever since I bought myself an iPad, my phone has been stuck in a corner, alone. So whenever he calls, I don’t really answer it and will only realize that he did call me when he murders the doorbell to get my attention.

I took another bite from my bread and left it between my lips as I picked up my neglected shoes on the ground. I placed it on the shoe rack and opened the door. As expected, it was Jungkook, with a boxes and bottles of heaven- pizza, chicken and soda. But that will not make me fall from his trap, I only gave him a smug look, still chewing on the bread that in my mouth. Jungkook only laugh at me as he asked, “Busy?”

I nodded. “What do you want?” I asked, my speaking wasn’t clear because I forgot to remove the piece of bread that was resting between my lips.

“I’m hungry, let’s eat.” He said, lifting the box he’s been holding to. I pointed at the bread on my mouth, telling him I’m already eating.

“Go home, child.” I told him as I was about to close the door, but failed when he leaned in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter